Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:48 PM

2,142 posts, read 1,892,792 times

Advertisements

If power is continuously sucked away from the states by the federal government than a split will be the only viable option. A united states can only exist with strong and flexible states.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM

912 posts, read 1,327,729 times
I think America will split apart for reasons that are not yet clear today.One possible reasons is that there are WAY to many hispanics in America.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:23 PM

37,048 posts, read 41,983,791 times
I feel like I'm reading a bunch of 12 year olds post about forming a club with just their bff's and not the kids they don't like.
Just think about it. If breaking up the country based on personal political beliefs still makes sense to you just keep thinking...I am confident that eventually some of those brain cells will kick into high gear and you will have an "aha" moment and realize how ridiculous it would be.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:32 PM

635 posts, read 537,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
For an example of what would happen, we have North and South Korea as our models.

At the end of the Korean War, both North and South Korea were basically on the same footing.

North Korea took the typical Liberal's Utopia way and South Korea took the Conservative Capitalistic approach.

Today, North Korea can't feed it's people and has to beg for heating oil. South Korea is exporting cars to the USA.
What about a totalitarian statist regime is liberal?

Old 10-05-2012, 10:59 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,089,410 times
At first it seems like a great idea but it wouldn't be long before the commie coasts and Illannoy collapsed....

They would come to the Second US for a bailout and we would then likely end up laughing at them and telling them to lie in their beds they **** in...

They would then beg the beloved UN (Russian and Euro comms) to come in and rescue them on the east coast and the Chicoms on the west coast with Chavez and Mexicoms to the south...

We would be literally surrounded by commies of every stripe and killed....

Much better to fight these parasites here and secure the entire Republic...

Here's a vid from a guy who infiltrated weather underground, these guys are 0bama's buddies...

They figured back then they would need to kill about 25 million die hard capitalists... Todays figure due to population growth is about 41 million, there are about 41 million that identify as Tea Partiers...

Larry Grathwohl on Ayers' plan for American re-education camps and the need to kill millions - YouTube

Old 10-05-2012, 11:14 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,866,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videojob8 View Post
Why not? The Pacific Nortwest has nothing in common with the South. People in the North and South are so different. Why cling so much to unity in this situation?
I have started to kind of think that way myself. I never would have even thought of such a thing a few years ago but it might be a good idea at some point. Just like 2 people that fight, fuss and cannot agree on anything, they get a divorce. At some point we might do that too. As far as the south, I don't know why we fought to make them stay in a marriage they obviously hate even today. Let them go their own way.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:16 PM

1,520 posts, read 1,866,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
I think America will split apart for reasons that are not yet clear today.One possible reasons is that there are WAY to many hispanics in America.
Well since we stole about 1/6th of the country from Mexico, they would argue that we are in THEIR country and they have a point.

Old 10-05-2012, 11:24 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,980,144 times
Yes, and please let them take all of Detroit with them...thank you.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
We are the UNITED states. Get it?

Lay off the talk radio and smile on your brother.
United? We are no longer a united people, there isn't much we have in common any more -- there is no common culture, no common language, no common beliefs. Many have no work ethic at all, expect a completely free ride on the backs of others they despise for working and trying to be successful. We're definitely not all in this together, some are here for a complete free ride, others are being overwhelmingly burdened.

In fact it's a kind of tyranny to force everyone into one giant empire, it's democracy and freedom to allow people a choice in how they will be governed.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:55 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,450,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Well, you'll have to suck it up. Breaking up the UNITED states is not a viable option. Talk about throwing out the baby with the bathwater. Your intolerance is precisely the problem we have with the South. Intolerance is not an American value.
Sure it's a viable option -- and inevitable. Look at the Soviet Union. It appeared strong and undivisible for a time but then it collapsed and fell back into individual states. And it's intolerance that is destroying this country -- the intolerance that athiests have for Christians, that big spending liberals have for conservatives and the intolerance that those who want the government to provide for them have for those who work for a living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.