Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 08:05 PM

45,225 posts, read 26,437,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If you were able to think long-term, instead of waving your arms blindly in faux rage, you'd understand that "your money" (LOL) in that case was more of an investment... allowing a student to focus on their studies instead of working full-time, which in the long run will enable them to earn & thus contribute more. I don't know your personal situation, but that "leech" is likely going to be supporting the whiners like you in about 20 years. Did you know a college degree earns individuals approximately $1M more than their non-college counterparts in a lifetime? Chew on that for a moment, before you go around calling them leeches.
People would stop wanting to learn or continue their education if the government stopped funding their studies with money stolen from people like me?
Maybe that lie worked on you, but no sale here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 08:06 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No, they weren't allowed to opt out and the money was forcibly taken from their earnings by the thieving state.
No. This is what happened: Peter and Paul, both constituents of yesteryear, agreed to loan each other, in their capacity as their own government, money with the agreement that Mary, the constituents of tomorrow, would pay them back. It's corrupt. It's corrupt. It's corrupt. It is an indefensible theft against children.

It was your duty to protect the future generations, and you sold us down the river for your security. I don't mind that; Paul was killing Christians before he turned to the righteous path, and I accept him. But the previous generations cannot play the victim; you must first recognize that this is unadulterated immorality, theft against those whom you were obligated to protect.

Quote:
What will the next generation think of you, why should you be perceived any differently?
Friend, if this cancer is still with us when I'm eligible, I'll still be there trying to help resist it.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:11 PM

30,345 posts, read 51,937,226 times
Quote:
People would stop wanting to learn or continue their education if the government stopped funding their studies with money stolen from people like me?
Maybe that lie worked on you, but no sale here.
Taxes are equivalent to money being stolen from you? Give us a flippin' break, especially considering you personally contribute PENNIES (if that) to EBT annually. And no, it doesn't mean they wouldn't continue their education, but it sure makes things easier and quicker for some people.

Unlike you, I don't judge people without knowing their entire situation... and while I was lucky enough to have parents who could pay my tuition & expenses, I know many people who wouldn't have finished school without that assistance. That's kind of the whole point of welfare and EBT, but you're still complaining about those who use it as intended? I'm with you on admonishing the actual leeches, however I don't agree that a college student using assistance temporarily qualifies as such.

Old 10-03-2012, 08:48 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,947,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
lol, you seem a little uptight about this. That is what people get for believing and depending on the government will give you a good living. Being poor is exactly what you are voting for. If you want better you should get a job since you think working people have it so much better. Ugh, you can't get a job because of the Obama economy, the middle class are buried and there are no jobs. Then again, maybe you don't want a job. As long as Obama is in office you will not have a choice and you will stay poor.

Why the heck should any of us keep working to pay for Obama's and your redistribution dream.
I am in the top 5%. I work for myself. I am not uptight. Like I said if you don't want to work. Quit. If you are jealous of poor people, become a poor person. Nobody is stopping you. Have fun.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:19 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
LOL, you still don't get it do you?

It always makes me laugh how people who will defend the democratic liberal position come back and say "if you think it's so easy". Well I got news for you. That is the life you are voting for. You are voting for the life the government has determined will be sufficient for you. You are voting for exactly how much the government determines what you will be paid.

Soooo since you think the Obama economy is so great. If this redistribution economy is what you want. If you are going to shove it up our butts like Obama did with Obamacare then fine, we all should stop working and see how well Obama's from government down works.

Last edited by petch751; 10-04-2012 at 12:49 AM..

Old 10-04-2012, 12:40 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,076 times
Quote:
Lets ALL go with the liberals mindset. Lets ALL live off the government.
Keep Obama in president, you know ! Woo-hoo...Obama phone !

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,292 times
Quote:
Soooo if this redistribution economy is what you want. If you are going to shove it up our butts like Obama did with Obamacare then fine...
As a libertarian, my problem is that we have a redistributive economy whether or not Obama is in office. The difference is that Romney will redistribute through the military, like Reagan and the Bush presidents did, and Obama will redistribute through green energy efforts and that sort of thing.

If we're redistributing on both the Left and Right, from which do we gain more: military spending, which is consumptive, or durables such as educating kids in high level mathematics? That's the choice; it sucks, but that's where it's at: redistribute vs. redistribute. Ron Paul didn't win.

Old 10-04-2012, 12:55 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Actually I like Ron Paul but do not know him well enough to say for sure about everything. I also agree with redistribution being a big problem. BUT we do need to take care of the elderly and people who are physically unable to work. So I am for some safety nets. The problem is if we go any further down Obama's road we will not be able to get back. Look at Greece. Able bodied people that don't want to work. That is the problem and a huge expense. People who want to work but can't find a job, that is also a big problem.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Because they have already paid into it and want their money back as was promised by the goobermet.
Gallup polls asked "do you support any changes to social security for future retirees?"

63% of respondents said no.

Next? Some programs people like.

Old 10-04-2012, 01:24 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
LOL, you still don't get it do you?

It always makes me laugh how people who will defend the democratic liberal position come back and say "if you think it's so easy". Well I got news for you. That is the life you are voting for. You are voting for the life the government has determined will be sufficient for you. You are voting for exactly how much the government determines what you will be paid.

Soooo since you think the Obama economy is so great. If this redistribution economy is what you want. If you are going to shove it up our butts like Obama did with Obamacare then fine, we all should stop working and see how well Obama's from government down works.
What you seem to be good at is making broad statements with so substance.

First, no one has said how high you can grow, but the American people have decided we should have social safety nets for people. Not the government, the American people in their infinite wisdom. They don't want to see people starve, go homeless, or have to choose death over going to the hospital over a lack of ability to pay for it.

So, if you don't like that explain why. Explain to people why that isn't a good idea. Don't just say "the government is deciding your standard of living" no one is saying you can't be a millionaire, just that you won't go hungry or homeless or without healthcare, especially if your working.

Now, obamacare. First, the CBO has said obamacare will lower, not raise the deficit. What's your alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies