Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 04:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It is a choice - so it could be considered a fetish.
Religious belief is a choice. So it could be considered a fetish.

Religious zealotry could be considered more of a mental health issue.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Oh and can you tell when during the Human Genome Project the gay gene was found?
Straw man Fallacy

When was the 'straight gene' was found? That's because there IS no single gene which 'causes' sexual orientation.

Human sexuality has never been thought to be caused by a single gene.

To think so is just incredibly naieve and uninformed.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Since the theory of evolution is a fairy tale - the answer is - nothing.
Ignoring evidence doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. But people choose to remain willfully ignorant for all sorts of reasons even though it is completely irrational. Religious belief seems to be the main reason though.

'Reparative' or 'conversion' therapy was invented by NARTH's conservative religious leaders.

I'm loving the fact that NARTH is based in California and this will hit them in their pocket books.

I'm loving the fact that if any of these lawsuits actually make it into a court room that their harmful quackery will be exposed for the the evidence-free hocus pocus that it really is. You can't make fraudulent claims in a court room and expect not to be challenged to provide valid evidence for those claims. They have been scamming desperate parents and self-hating adults for too long. Time to pay the piper.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:44 AM

Quote:
You are so wrong and it is dispicable that you are posting misinformation that might prevent people who are suffering from getting much needed help.

This law is a massive intrusion on parent rights - and it will be harmful to many children in the long run.

You should be ashamed to support a piece of legislation that is harmful to children and families.
PROVE that I have posted misinformation or retract that claim please.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
SB 40 Covers Internet Gambling.

In your zeal, you can't even get the BILL correct. It was SB 48, and again, YOU MISREPRESENT THE BILL!!!

Did you read it? It's obvious you didn't, since you didn't even know the correct SB #

SB 48 Senate Bill - CHAPTERED

Frequently Asked Questions: Senate Bill 48 - Curriculum Frameworks & Instructional Materials (CA Dept of Education)

Letting people know that, for example, Leonardo Da Vinci was actually gay isn't detriment to anyone's education. It just provides a new light that hey, a famous painter was gay, in a time when being gay would have warranted stoning.
I have to wonder if some of these posters ever did their homework in school - because they show time after time that they don't do their 'homework' before offering up their senseless irrational fact-free opinions.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Gays are sadly trying to make GAY a "race". I hope the cure stops the genocide of California.
Hey do you think they will call one of the creators of 'reparative' therapy as an 'expert witness'?

You know - Dr George 'rentboy' Rekers?

He is a Baptist Minister, a Psychologist, and was the scientific advisor for NARTH (home of 'reparative' therapy). Much of the input into NARTH's 'reparative' therapy came from Reker's work. He is also a co-founder of the Family Research Council (FRC)

Embarassingly, he was caught in a scandalous situation when he hired a young male prostitute to ummm carry his luggage on a European holiday. Oops, guess that 'reparative' therapy didn't work too well for him.

The Rentboy Speaks: George Rekers Liked 'The Long Stroke'

Also embarrassingly, his work, which was based on his original PhD thesis in the 70's, has been discredited as being based on fraud and unethical practices.

Read the story of Kirk Murphy the 'sissy boy' who was unfortunate enough to come under the care of George 'rentboy' Rekers in the 1970's.

What Are Little Boys Made Of?

This will show you where some of these anti-gay 'conversion' ideas originated. Basically fraud.

That young boy came under the care of a very young grad student by the name of George Alan Rekers. The boy’s treatment would become a subject of Rekers’s doctoral thesis, and the astounding success that Rekers claimed in curing the young boy would mark the start of a very impressive career. Rekers would write about “Kraig” in at least twenty publications during his career, a career which included becoming a very important activist in the promotion of anti-gay causes.

Or watch the investigative report:

AC360 - The 'Sissy Boy' Experiment - Part One - YouTube

Last edited by Ceist; 10-05-2012 at 05:52 AM..

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,936,904 times
You can throw all the facts and evidence you want at the homophobic bigots and they will still cling to their scattered and crackpot "theories" that retrench their bigotry and reinforce their homophobia. It's the very nature of their beast. They thrill with coming on internet boards to post about their obsession, so even my post is playing into their disorder. It's coffee time, though, so I thought I'd give 'em what they crave while I kill a minute.

Old 10-05-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
You can throw all the facts and evidence you want at the homophobic bigots and they will still cling to their scattered and crackpot "theories" that retrench their bigotry and reinforce their homophobia. It's the very nature of their beast. They thrill with coming on internet boards to post about their obsession, so even my post is playing into their disorder. It's coffee time, though, so I thought I'd give 'em what they crave while I kill a minute.
So who are the ones who really need therapy? Not gay and lesbian people.

Irrational thinking patterns
Denial of reality
A sense that the world must conform to their views.
Paranoia
Delusional thinking
Lack of empathy
(possible voices in their head?)

Any more you can think of?

Last edited by Ceist; 10-05-2012 at 07:08 AM..

Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Sorry. Uneducated personal opinions by lay people don't really stack up against the weight of quailifed evidence-based views of all the major health organizations. Parents don't get to decide how therapists are allowed to practice because they are not qualified to do so. The state and federal health regulating bodies do.
Whatever, we will see what happens.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Whatever, we will see what happens.
We certainly will.

And I'm really looking forward to the NARTH stooges being dragged over the coals and being forced to own up to the fact that they have no valid evidence for their so-called 'reparative' therapy. They will also have to face overwhelming evidence against the claims of their 'therapy'.

A court room is not an internet forum. Nor is it a therapist's room where desperate parents are open to being scammed.

Valid evidence is required to support claims in a court of law.

That's going to be very hard to do when the claims are fraudulent.

Bring it on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies