Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 02:43 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
I applaud the boy scouts for what they did . If the "gays" want to be accepted create their own scouts.
Again, I am not asking to be accepted by the scouts. And you can applaud all the discrimination you want. Please applaud until your hands are bloody stumps.

However, if you are going to be an organization that discriminates -- and again it is within their rights to do so-- they should lose the in-kind or direct financial support provided by the government.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Well I can can appreciate your position. I did not mean to compare coming out as a straight person to coming out as a gay person. It's easy to be straight obviously.
I appreciate the honest acknowledgement.

Quote:
I was just saying is there really a need at that age?

I think gay people should be able to marry and be Eagle scouts and whatever they want to be, preachers, teachers, parents.

I just don't want this debate interfering with the boys in scouting.
I think the kids SHOULD have scouting-- by no means would I want to see the organization destroyed. But you and I seem to agree here--- It's BSA should change their policy. It's just plain wrong.

At the end of the day it's about the kids, gay straight or indifferent, they really have nothing to do with this. That's just how I see it.

Quote:
Honestly though, why does he have to tell them he's gay? I never told them I was agnostic? I think it would be nice if he could just be gay and not really tell people. Also be nice if people did not hate gays. It's just not a perfect world.

I welcome your opinions. I really want to know.
No, it's not a perfect world-- And I guess he could keep his sexuality to himself... But why should he have to? 17 year olds are acutely aware of sex and sexuality. Doesn't encouraging him to lie work against the very values BSA claims to cherish?

Old 10-05-2012, 02:59 PM

2,526 posts, read 3,003,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
The sky really isn't blue - our eyes just perceive it to be blue.

Physics 101.
Homosexuals aren't really abnormal - your mind just perceives them to be abnormal.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Almost-Eagle Scout denied award because he is gay - U.S. News

The Boy Scouts are a private organization and can do what they want-- even though I find this type of behavior reprehensible, it is their right to do so.

However, any type of governmental support-- whether direct financial, or in-kind support like providing free meeting places in public schools, needs to be pulled in response to such behavior. This is overt discrimination and this organization has no place being supported by tax dollars.
True, nothing about being GAY should get any tax dollars. Being gay is reprehensible behavior!

Old 10-05-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Try hanging with any gay group and you'll hear more "top or bottom" talk than you want to. If you are gay you know this. Of course straight guys talk sex too but maybe the boy scouts see gay sex as not compatible with its values. It's anyone's right to disagree but I think it's refreshing to see an organization sticking to its traditions and not getting caught up in all the PC garbage everywhere today.
You should hang out with my gay group. There are plenty of trashy straight guys who talk about women in objective sexual terms. You don't seem to object to that.

My partner works at the United Nations. I own a technical publishing business. Our closest gay friends are a couple who are both doctors. Our other close gay friends are an airline pilot and professor. We've never talked about "top" or "bottom", etc. Trash is trash. I certainly wouldn't be having any discussion of sexual positions with children. So if that's your reason for disqualifying gays from BSA it's-- at the very least-- flimsy.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:04 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,633,912 times
I applaud the Boy Scouts for sticking by its principles and not allowing themselves to be bullied into unconditional compliance by the homosexual agenda. The boy should have resigned the moment he believed himself homosexual and unable to comply with the BSA doctrine or kept quiet about his particular sexuality issues. The Boy Scouts is not a sexual outlet for young boys sexually confused, normal or otherwise, it’s about scouting.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:06 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
If this boy came to the conclusion that he was a homosexual after joining it was his resposibility to leave.
A Scout is honest.

This was not honesty.

Old 10-05-2012, 03:28 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
If this boy came to the conclusion that he was a homosexual after joining it was his resposibility to leave.
A Scout is honest.

This was not honesty.
And in not being honest he doesn't deserve to be an Eagle Scout. This is in no way shape of form discrimination.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:11 PM

313 posts, read 329,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by austiNati View Post
Words can't even describe how unfair it is for that kid to not be honored for his accomplishments, and all because of sexual orientation. Seriously, who gives a s*** what his sexual orientation is? What the hell does sexual orientation have to do with anything anyways. Smh
The boy scouts originated with christian values and now it's being hijacked. Homosexuality is prohibited by the bible.

Old 10-05-2012, 04:15 PM

313 posts, read 329,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
I applaud the Boy Scouts for sticking by its principles and not allowing themselves to be bullied into unconditional compliance by the homosexual agenda. The boy should have resigned the moment he believed himself homosexual and unable to comply with the BSA doctrine or kept quiet about his particular sexuality issues. The Boy Scouts is not a sexual outlet for young boys sexually confused, normal or otherwise, it’s about scouting.
If only other organizations kept their principals and did not cave into the ultra liberal/PC no class/morals agenda spreading throughout the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies