Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 07:38 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
I just read that this was the largest single Month change in 29 years......does that sound possible to anyone with any brain cells at all?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:39 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
With a slowing economy, the Obama (Chicago Mob) have cooked the books and made up numbers to make it look like employment is going down.

I don't put anything past these thugs. They have broken every promise they made.
The number of new jobs created actually increased last month. Look, I know you Republicans desperately want the economy to get worse because you think it will help your election chances but you need to stop lying. Not only are new jobs being created but the rate of increase is actually going up so the economy is not slowing down no matter how badly you wish it was.

Unemployment falls sharply to 7.8%, a 3 1/2-year low - latimes.com

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Resources Expert View Post
The job market is looking to move to almost full employment in most communities in America, Just announced, the unemployment rate is down to 7.8%, almost full employment.

US jobless rate falls to 7.8 pct., 44-month low - Yahoo! Finance

Jobless rate falls to 7.8 percent in September, as Obama looks for boost | Fox News

In a country where a large number of people are ESL and lack the communications skills needed to work, or face physical, mental or emotional disabilities, or refuse to move to a community where there are jobs, 7.8 unemployment rate is about as close as you will get in today's world to FULL EMPLOYMENT.

Don't forget that many if not most of the people who are unemployed face physical, mental (intellectual) or psychological issues and are basically unemployable.
No way. There are not really more REAL physical, mental or psychological issues than in the past when unemployment rates were 4%.

And keep in mind that unemployment rates don't count the large and growing permanent welfare class. And how many of those ESL's were added who will have to be supported by the taxpayers because they can't learn the language?

Lowered unemployment rates are fine as long as they come with a slash in government handouts and government spending. The 7.8% justifies ending all the UE extensions, cutting the benefits back to 26 total weeks and also cutting back the Medicaid and food stamp programs. Now that people are working, we don't need all that.

29 posts, read 46,329 times
I know a number of people who dropped out of the labor force not because of the bad economy but because of:

1) Their spouse is doing great and they wanted to spend time with their new children and be parents
2) They sold their home for a large profit, moved to a less expensive town and retired early.
3) They went back to college
4) They lowered their expectations and decided to open a part time business and get away from the rat race.

Should President Obama be held responsible for these people dropping out of the workforce?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,406,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
The number of new jobs created actually increased last month. Look, I know you Republicans desperately want the economy to get worse because you think it will help your election chances but you need to stop lying. Not only are new jobs being created but the rate of increase is actually going up so the economy is not slowing down no matter how badly you wish it was.

I'm not a republican and I don't buy it.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:40 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
So I just read that this fictitious 7.8% figure is the largest single-Month drop in the UE rate in 29 years.

Does that sound plausible to anyone who's capable of breathing?

Old 10-05-2012, 07:42 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Default Unemployment down to 7.8% and job growth picking up.

Despite all the attempts by Republican pundits to talk down the economy the unemployment rate fell sharply last month and the rate of new job creation actually increased. 114,000 jobs were created last month and that will no doubt be revised upwards just like the last three months were revised upwards.

America's economy is picking up steam despite the Republican desire for it to sink into recession.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM

15 posts, read 8,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post

Look, I know you Obamabots could never actually dig into the numbers and find out for yourself that the jobs picture is not improving. We know you are so brainwashed by your chosen one that nothing will ever turn you away from him. It sure does not look like you Think4yourself.

The U-6 unemployment number, which accounts for the underemployed and those who have given up looking for jobs, held steady at 14.7 percent.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM

6,512 posts, read 7,544,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tiger View Post
With a slowing economy, the Obama (Chicago Mob) have cooked the books and made up numbers to make it look like employment is going down.

I don't put anything past these thugs. They have broken every promise they made.
Not everything is a conspiracy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies