Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 05:59 PM

998 posts, read 1,215,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
I hope Obama fails - Rush Limbaugh
Rush Limbaugh is not the republican party & he does not speak for republicans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2012, 06:07 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,721,664 times
Default Bush pumped fist with glee when

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Democrats celebrated the death of every US troop for nearly 8 years.
the US bombed Iraq. So majority in both parties like mass deaths for megabillions & don't care about us. And most in Congress repeatedly vote against Constitution. Do you care?

If you would like to vote for someone who thinks killing people to enhance corporate profits is wrong, please
check out Gary Johnson! Thanks & best wishes.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:08 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Be specific please. Which bills? I truly hope you are not going to embarass yourself and site the bogus jobs bills. The list of what they call "Jobs Bills" is at the link.

GOP's Claim That House Passed 30 Jobs Bills? Bogus.

GOP's Claim That House Passed 30 Jobs Bills? Bogus. | Crooks and Liars
Thank you for PROVING MY POINT valid.

I said dozens. That would more than 24.

The House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators - GOP.gov

http://www.gop.gov/indepth/jobs/tracker

From your OWN LINK, 27 bills passed by the republican house that the senate hasn't even looked at.

BTW, I never said JOBS bills, I said
Quote:
rotflmao, you mean the do nothing President of the Senate Joe Biden, and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, who have failed to bring the the senate DOZENS of bills passed by the house of representatives, making the making the Democratic Majority Senate the LEAST PRODUCTIVE Senate in history?
So, you proved my point for me, 27 bills awaiting the Do Nothing democratic led senate, sitting and doing squat. Thank you for backing me up and proving my point for me!

Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,846,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL. your fact sheet lacts one very important element. A connection to reality.
The REALITY here is that the Republican's BIGGEST talking point and accusation against OUR President WAS that Obama couldn't get our unemployment under 8%........... Well here's a NEWSFLASH for every single REPUBLICAN................. unemployment is NOW under 8%........ Do i hear a AMEN!
Now stop acting like spoilt little bratttssss and start thinking about AMERICA and not your political aspirations, because if you don't everyone in America will finally see what your REAL and only agenda is...... Getting into the Whitehouse.
I have spoken to people since the new unemployment numbers have come out and every single person has said this is good positive news for America..... Alas good news for America is NOT what the Republican party really want..... they want OUR President to fail.... period.
That is NOT patriotic, NOT big and NOT clever and NOT in any way a fight for freedom and equality...... it is just selfish elitism and we now have your number.
The Country IS getting better but making up PATHETIC reasons not to believe figures, that the Republican party not only believed before they dropped below 8% but quoted at nearly every chance they could like it was their bible.
If the Republican's continue this childish behaviour then they will quickly lose ALL credibilty and be seen for what they have become............ The exact opposite of what they claim to be.
Give it up..... before you look even more foolish than you do now.

Old 10-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Yet according to you we own it all. Don't you think we'd be happy more of our little minions were back at work at our factories turning out more product, reducing their dependence on welfare and SNAP paid by our tax dollars?

I wish every American had a job they loved. If they did, there wouldn't be many democrats left.
Because of the "pact", created by the Republican party on the night of President Obama's inauguration, to block EVERYTHING that our President put forward to get us out of the financial mess that was inherited from the Republican administration, the recovery was slowed to a snails pace. NO bipartisan agreement was possible because the right absolutely refused to negotiate..... even if the bill had been originally a Republican idea, the right still wouldn't pass it. More people are now on food samps and benefits BECAUSE the Republican party wanted President Obama out of the Whitehouse far more than they wanted America to go forward and jobs created.
Even with the absolute blockade by the Republican party, President Obama has fought for America and this is now being seen by us all.
Jobs cannot be created when job bills are shot down by the right and then the right moan about not enough jobs being created......... well the tactics didn't work and President Obama HAS done what he said and got unemployment under 8%..... this is part of the past many months of job gains as opposed to the Republican parties 800,000 job losses each month as President Obama took office............... not sure how the Republican's think that month after month of job growth is worse than the month after month of huge job losses under Bush?
Now is crunch time for the Republican party...... to help America move forward or show us what spoilt little brats they are who will "take their ball away" if President Obama is voted into office for another 4 years. America IS recovering...... get on board Republican's or you can keep on trying to sink America .... YOUR CHOICE.

Old 10-05-2012, 07:12 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Because of the "pact", created by the Republican party on the night of President Obama's inauguration, to block EVERYTHING that our President put forward to get us out of the financial mess that was inherited from the Republican administration, the recovery was slowed to a snails pace. NO bipartisan agreement was possible because the right absolutely refused to negotiate..... even if the bill had been originally a Republican idea, the right still wouldn't pass it. More people are now on food samps and benefits BECAUSE the Republican party wanted President Obama out of the Whitehouse far more than they wanted America to go forward and jobs created.
Even with the absolute blockade by the Republican party, President Obama has fought for America and this is now being seen by us all.
Jobs cannot be created when job bills are shot down by the right and then the right moan about not enough jobs being created......... well the tactics didn't work and President Obama HAS done what he said and got unemployment under 8%..... this is part of the past many months of job gains as opposed to the Republican parties 800,000 job losses each month as President Obama took office............... not sure how the Republican's think that month after month of job growth is worse than the month after month of huge job losses under Bush?
Now is crunch time for the Republican party...... to help America move forward or show us what spoilt little brats they are who will "take their ball away" if President Obama is voted into office for another 4 years. America IS recovering...... get on board Republican's or you can keep on trying to sink America .... YOUR CHOICE.
Seriously? Do you actually believe that? Show me proof of ANYTHING Obama wanted during the first 2 years of his presidency, that he didn't get.

Everything he wanted, he got,

Old 10-05-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I said "not lies" and you fill the page with the very thing I asked not to see. Good work.
How do i answer without quoting lies as the Republican parties platform is complete lies..... not easy to pick out any truth's in Romney's B/S.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I don't support a man who kills jobs.. because of his ideology. People need jobs and he sticks to his stupid green agenda which failed! this guy has to go!
I wouldn't call only 1% of Obama's investments in green energy failing in any way a disaster... unles you listen to Romney's "once upon a time" version of Obama's green energy plan.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Seriously? Do you actually believe that? Show me proof of ANYTHING Obama wanted during the first 2 years of his presidency, that he didn't get.

Everything he wanted, he got,
Really?????????????????????
Here are bills bocked by the Repubican party or bills they have attempted to block..... Happy Reading.
Obama wanted a Govt funded health care but had to water it down to the affordable health act.
Obama wanted to let the Bush tax cuts elapse and give tax cuts to the middle class but had to extend all of the tax cuts so that the middle class continued to have tax cuts as the Republicans said they would NOT pass lowering tax on the middle class if Obama let the tax cuts elapse.
Jobs bills were blocked by the Republican party.
Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans.
From Crooks and Liars - When John McCain led the filibuster of the Defense Appropriations Act yesterday, he blocked far more than the DREAM Act and repeal of DADT. Here are just a few of the other blocked provisions, courtesy of Mother Jones.
No permanent military bases in Afghanistan.
Report identifying hybrid or electric propulsion systems and other fuel-saving technologies for incorporation into tactical motor vehicles.
Protection of child custody arrangements for parents who are members of the Armed Forces deployed in support of a contingency operation.
Improvements to Department of Defense domestic violence programs.
Department of Defense recognition of spouses of members of the Armed Forces.
Department of Defense recognition of children of members of the Armed Forces.
Enhancements to the Troops-to-Teachers Program.
Fiscal year 2011 increase in military basic pay.
Improving aural protection for members of the Armed Forces.
Comprehensive policy on neurocognitive assessment by the military health care system.
Authority to make excess nonlethal supplies available for domestic emergency assistance.
There you go

Old 10-05-2012, 09:00 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkGuy View Post
In all my life I have never seen a group of people more vested against their country than today's Republicans. They celebrate any and every bad news about the economy, yet condemn and immediately dismiss the good news. What gives?
You should be taking ginkgo biloba or something...

Quote:
"People are finding work," President Bush proclaimed yesterday in New Hampshire. "There's an excitement in our economy." Evidently, President Bush failed to read the first paragraph of the most recent Employment Situation Summary, which showed that the mammoth U.S. economy added a paltry 1,000 payroll jobs in December. He probably skipped right to the second paragraph, which showed that the unemployment rate fell in December to 5.7 percent from 5.9 percent in November.

For several months now, economists of all stripes have been forecasting that payroll jobs—a notorious lagging indicator—would begin to rise smartly. But with the economy having turned in what appears to be a disappointing fourth quarter, we may have to wait a while longer.
America's real unemployment rate. - Slate Magazine

Quote:
The unemployment rate dipped to 5.4 from 5.5 percent in July, mainly due to a decline in the labor force, bringing the rate to its lowest since September 2001.

Roger Altman, senior economic advisor to Kerry, told CNNfn that even with the most recent gain, the administration's job performance has been weak.
"You need about 150,000 new jobs a month to keep even with growth in population," he said. "Taken in proper context, it's just not a very good record."
Unemployment rate drops as job creation rebounds - Sep. 3, 2004
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies