Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,368,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
Yes, if more people have sex then there will be more rapes. here is an easy explanation
Lets say that 1% of all sexual encounters are forced (i.e. non consenting).
More sex (factor in the 1%) = more rapes. 1000 more sexual encounters = 10 more rapes.
Now, I realize that the numbers may not be factually correct, but use any number and the end result is the same.

Yes, people in America should choose whether or not to use birth control. BUT... they should buy their own. I should not have to pay for someone else's birth control!
You will end paying one way or the other. And bc is cheaper than welfare. Abstinence is not realistic or ask your girl Bristol Palin how is that working for her. Ad this is a "Christian young woman"

Old 10-06-2012, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
So let me make sure I've got this straight. You want me to pay for teens' and adult women's birth control so they can freely have sex, and I should be happy to do so because if I don't, they'll just get an abortion, and I'll possibly have to pay for that and/or just accept that another child is being killed because I didn't pay for the birth control in the first place. And all this chosen immorality is somehow my fault because, as I read somewhere here, not everyone is like Tebow.

Amazing.
Correct, that is what happens in reality. It sounds terrible but that is how it is.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:12 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,700,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
Correct, that is what happens in reality. It sounds terrible but that is how it is.
It doesn't just sound terrible, IT IS TERRIBLE! And, it is not something that we should accept. You can logically support free birth control if you have no morals! Some of feel like we have to take a stand against bad policies! Or policies that will promote bad behavior, even if it costs more!

Old 10-06-2012, 09:30 AM

Quote:
It doesn't just sound terrible, IT IS TERRIBLE! And, it is not something that we should accept. You can logically support free birth control if you have no morals! Some of feel like we have to take a stand against bad policies! Or policies that will promote bad behavior, even if it costs more!
If you think that people will stop having sex you are not being realistic. Even so called high moral Christian like the Palin family do it. Ethically is better to have women on bc than kids without families.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:06 AM

7,714 posts, read 12,583,397 times
Quote:
You will end paying one way or the other.
So will people like you. When you get AIDS and start dying off by the millions, then you will rethink abstinence education.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
So will people like you. When you get AIDS and start dying off by the millions, then you will rethink abstinence education.
Right. And judging by the amount of single mothers in so called Christian communities so will they.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:37 AM

15,701 posts, read 17,001,975 times
Quote:
Yes people will have sex. But, we need to educate them on the consequences of sex (i.e. pregnancy) There are consequences to birth control too. It can lead to infertility problems later on. Hormonal imbalances, etc. And, do we really want to be promoting free sex for all? More sex = more rapes. Is that what the libs want? Is it really rape if birth control is used?
Following your logic.....I guess that means practicing abstinence equals pedophilia. {priests} Practicing abstinence equals homosexual sex. {prisons}

Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Following your logic.....I guess that means practicing abstinence equals pedophilia. {priests} Practicing abstinence equals homosexual sex. {prisons}

what? You can't control what people do. People are responsible for their own actions. And, those actions have consequences. I realize that abstinence does not always work because people will still have sex. You must have missed my previous comment in favor of people buying their own birth control.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:49 AM

Quote:
If you think that people will stop having sex you are not being realistic. Even so called high moral Christian like the Palin family do it. Ethically is better to have women on bc than kids without families.
You still haven't answered the adoption question? Do you realize that thousands of people want to adopt children? Why don't libs support this?

Old 10-06-2012, 11:27 AM

7,714 posts, read 12,583,397 times
Quote:
Right. And judging by the amount of single mothers in so called Christian communities so will they.
Obviously if their mothers, they wouldn't be on birth control. Logic fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.