Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 01:07 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
yes, thats right. But welfare is not a permanent solution. We need to reduce the number of people who receive welfare."""""

Abortion does just that

"""" Obama has increased that number,""""

No, Obama did not, the economy, people losing their jobs ALL of which started BEFORE Obama took office , increased p
the number of poor people.....people who needed Welfare to survive.....you must LIKE the idea of children starving....

"""and his policies will increase it some more. The dream act""""

The Dream Act helps keep kids in college so they can GET A JOB and stay off Welfare

"""and his immigration stance will also add to that burden. And, when was the last time Obama said anything about reducing those numbers? Obama wants to give the poor (other people's) money."""""

Well it would have to be other people's money since DUH the poor don't have any
People like YOU who hate the poor (how CHRISTIAN) but decent people want to help.

"""Romney wants to put those people to work so they can be productive members of society.
Obama wants to create jobs.

Romney wants to create 25 cents an hour jobs for the Chinese.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:10 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,042,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
How about we pay for their sterilizations - tubal ligations and vasectomies? That would be a one time cost. And yes, I believe sterilization is much better than abortion, it's a lot more sure than broken condoms and forgotten birth control pills.

The problem with making people pay for all the free birth control is that we still have to pay to have their babies killed when they goof up on their birth control -- and many do. And then when they feel some loss because they had their baby killed and get pregnant again 2 months after the abortion, we have to pay for that baby's costs.
Since when do taxpayers pay for abortions?

The stats have proven that free birth control reduces unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

Complaining that the abortion rates have gone down? Really? How pro-life of you.

1. You would rather save a little bit of money rather than reduce the amount of abortions done.

2. You would rather pay a lot for more children on welfare.

And yes, I would rather pay for someone's sterilization or BC rather than pay to raise their kid till the age of 18.....it's a lot cheaper.

DO THE MATH.....less abortions.....less children being raised on my dime. Win/Win in my book.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
For starters, we would not be offering free birth control.
Better than paying a lot more to feed more children on welfare......or should we let them starve.....to teach tham personal responsibility?

Old 10-06-2012, 01:15 PM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Obama may "want" to create jobs, but he hasn't been able to do it. He is proposing the same plans again for the next 4 years. Same plan = same results.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Better than paying a lot more to feed more children on welfare......or should we let them starve.....to teach tham personal responsibility?
Again, welfare is supposed to be temporary. We should also be promoting adoption here in the U.S for poor pregnant women. Both parties are MIA on this issue.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:18 PM

1,422 posts, read 2,303,216 times
Quote:
Since when do taxpayers pay for abortions?

The stats have proven that free birth control reduces unwanted pregnancies and abortions.

Complaining that the abortion rates have gone down? Really? How pro-life of you.

1. You would rather save a little bit of money rather than reduce the amount of abortions done.

2. You would rather pay a lot for more children on welfare.

And yes, I would rather pay for someone's sterilization or BC rather than pay to raise their kid till the age of 18.....it's a lot cheaper.

DO THE MATH.....less abortions.....less children being raised on my dime. Win/Win in my book.
In my book too.

Great post.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If it was me, one thing I would do is quit throwing baby showers for 16 year old girls who get pregnant.

Now while people do make fun of it look at the real story shows like Honey Boo boo or whatever it is called. I do not know the exact ages but what is the lady? 30-32 years old, is a grandmother and has her own television show.
I have to agree about things like that....but cutting back on birth control isn't the answer.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:21 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
I have to agree about things like that....but cutting back on birth control isn't the answer.
I have no desire to cut back on birth control.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Lets just kill our babies since we don't have any money to feed them.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,425,008 times
Quote:
You still haven't answered the adoption question? Do you realize that thousands of people want to adopt children? Why don't libs support this?
Lib or not, in a free country, you cannot force a pregnant woman to take on the complications of pregnancy and childbirth if she chooses not to. Why would she risk her own life just to have a child she doesn't want? Her chances of dying are more than ten times higher with childbirth than if she went with the far safer abortion. That is why she can choose. That is why her choice must be always protected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies