Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 12:22 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
No organization more unholy than the IRS.
That's funny, I never heard of the IRS protecting any of their agents that were pedophiles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 12:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Churches are under no such obligations to "keep separation", whatever that is supposed to entail.
And I agree. They should be treated like individuals and any other organization of people, and ought to pay taxes and be afforded no less or no greater protections.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:00 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I dont see why religious organizations should be tax exempt to begin with.
Neither do I. The mega churches are a disgrace.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Seniors and poor folk are NOT businesses, are they? Taxpayers (those of us in the 53% variety) are not legally allowed to deduct charity amounts to politically active orgs, but taxpayers are allowed to legally deduct for donations to politically active churches. How is that fair?
Businesses and individuals follow the exact same tax code..

Old 10-08-2012, 01:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't care if churches get involved in politics, but I do think they should have to pay taxes. I don't understand why they're given a break. The law is obviously biased in favor of religion.

Atheist groups don't get tax breaks, but maybe they should.
Athiest groups if formed as a non profit, do indeed get the same tax breaks..

Old 10-08-2012, 01:17 PM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
And I agree. They should be treated like individuals and any other organization of people, and ought to pay taxes and be afforded no less or no greater protections.
That is not even close .... you're just promoting the fraud. When we have tax exempt foundations and endowments like the Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie, Guggenheim foundations and many others shielding ungodly massive amounts of money measurable in the hundreds of billions (if not Trillions), along with transnational corporations paying ZERO taxes on Trillions of dollars in revenues, while allowing them to subvert the democratic process, and in effect take control over Federal policy ... no taxing Churches out of existence can be allowed.

Clearly, your position on this matter reflects the anti-religion, collectivist-communist leftist ideology that was programmed into your mind by those subversive foundations who deliberately and systematically reshaped American education to promote this anti-American marxist treason. This reality was exposed long ago by the internal documents of these foundations reviewed by the US House of Representatives, Reece Commission back in 1952.

And it's high time that patriotic Americans understand this truth, and shout down and expose you communist subversives as the traitors that you are.

Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
That is not even close .... you're just promoting the fraud. When we have tax exempt foundations and endowments like the Rockefeller, Ford, Carnegie, Guggenheim foundations and many others shielding ungodly massive amounts of money measurable in the hundreds of billions (if not Trillions), along with transnational corporations paying ZERO taxes on Trillions of dollars in revenues, while allowing them to subvert the democratic process, and in effect take control over Federal policy ... no taxing Churches out of existence can be allowed.
These churches you're defending are fraud. I bet they will manage to survive taxes just fine. No exceptions.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:14 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,734,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRhodes View Post
I would appreciate it if, those churches that dabble in politics would have to pay taxes, land taxes and income taxes, since they are not now paying for the system, I don't believe they should be able to actively engage in the political process, when they are not paying for the priviledge.
I am in total agreement. They've had it both ways long enough.

Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,180,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Corporations are individuals in the eye of the law, and always have been.

Churches are different, then how about Reverand Jessie Jackson, should he be denied his first amendment right? How about Planned Parenthood?

Left wing kooks have no problem giving tax money to non profits because it suits your cause, but whine and moan because they get to keep their own dam money, because you dont like what they have to say..

Democrats are hypocrites...
Calm down. I am not speaking for all Democrats. MY opinion is that churches which intend to sway their followers into political action should not be exempt from paying taxes. Planned Parenthood is a health organization- not a religious one.
Jesse Jackson is somewhat of a nut. But I am sure he payes income taxes for being a pastor, speaking engagements, selling books, etc.

And there are plenty of hypocrites on both sides.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:01 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,745,101 times
As soon as the government stops unions from being tax exempt and protected through government contracts then we will look at churches. Churches have been doing this for 3-4 years, unions have been telling their people who to vote for the last 100+ years. Both are tax exempt but since one is an accepted part of the political cog nobody wants to talk about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies