Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2012, 06:05 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Umm. Ireland is a nation, Muslim is a religion. Focus.

As I said previously, my first and middle name are Jewish names, they are listed in the old testament and the Torrah.

But I'm not Jewish.

Get it?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1411099.html

If you knew anything about Islam, that is like a mortal sin, one in which can't be forgiven.

Yeah, read, learn, keep making **** up out of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 06:10 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
..... The intellectual dishonesty is apparent.
Whats apparent is the bigotry of this Country perpetrated by people like you.

Old 10-08-2012, 06:21 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,820 times
Quote:
Does it really matter that your middle name may or may not determine what your religion is? Would you automatically assume that a person of Spanish ethnicity with the middle name of Jesus was a Catholic?? Some Spanish folks prefer a different path of religion other than Catholicism.

Bottom line, if your middle name makes you nervous about folks finding out that you are or were Muslim then don't tell anyone what your middle name is!

Old 10-08-2012, 06:38 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:

That is funny, yet true.

How many Christian kids do you know with the middle name Hussein? How about Mohammed?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:45 AM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,139 times
I guess every female I know whose middle name is Mary is Catholic. Who woulda thunk it?

Old 10-08-2012, 06:50 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
I guess every female I know whose middle name is Mary is Catholic. Who woulda thunk it?
I was named after an Archangel and a Saint and I'm pagan. Who'da thunkded?

This thread remains stupid. The paranoia and conspiracy theory crap these days is beyond insane. Nonsense like this and other crap from the TP and far-right (legitimate rape, slavery was good for blacks, rampant homophobia, forced trans-vaginal ultrasounds) is why I don't call myself conservative anymore. I'm no liberal but it becomes glaringly apparent with every passing day that there's no politician out there that represents me.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:59 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Dean is English
Dean | Name Meaning & Origin | Boy Name Dean | Baby Names World
Haris is English as well
Haris - Boy | Baby Names, Name Meaning, Popularity | BabyCenter

How many other 'friends' were you going to make up to try and prove your point. Funny , not one person has brought up one prominent person who we would all know ..Hmm.

By your logic a name of Dean Haris would be a fully Arabic name LMAO.. I here there are alot of Dean Haris' rolling around the Middle East.

How many Hussein's do you know that arent Arab/Muslim?
I'm just pointing out there are many similar names in all cultures.
I didn't make any of those guys up, either. not all of us are basement troglodytes- I get around a lot, and have a lot of friends. I don't know any Husseins, but I know it's a common name, pretty much like Johnny.
How do I know that? Because a buddy of mine comes from Algeria and said it was. Since he was born and raised there, I take his word for it.

What does prominence have to do with this? That's just stupid deflection.

None of my post was speculation. Don't try to lay your lack of logic at my feet.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:23 AM

7,923 posts, read 8,845,775 times
How can a guy with a middle name of Hussein claim that hes never been a Muslim? ............
How can a guy with the name ABRAHAM claim the he's never been a Jew? ........ So ABRAHAM Lincoln had been a jew?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
If "mitt" is mormon, smitty must be a mormon.

Old 10-08-2012, 11:57 AM

37,802 posts, read 41,008,695 times
Well, how can actors' kids in Hollywood who have never been in outer space be named Moonbeam? We don't pick our own names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies