Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 06:28 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,040,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Islam is a patrilineal religion
So is Judaism. Heck, if you marry someone who is jewish, you become jewish yourself. I can tell you with certainty that while my father in law is Jewish, neither me nor my wife are practicing jews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Mr.Obama’s middle name, Hussein, explicitly proclaims him born a Muslim.
That's nice.

Doesn't means he's a practicing Muslim.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 PM

30,299 posts, read 51,908,733 times
My brother has FOUR Hebrew names (first/middle English-use names, and first/middle Hebrew-synagogue names), and he is an Atheist. [/discussion]

Old 10-09-2012, 06:35 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinArmageddons View Post
That's nice.

Doesn't means he's a practicing Muslim.

I agree. He is lying about his past though that is all I am saying. There are plenty of eyewitness accounts from his schooling to mosque attendance in the past. He was born Muslim and practiced it early in life. He could have just been honest about it. Instead he claims Christianity when it was politically expedient for him to do so and it was a foregone conclusion that hed be running for office one day. That is all.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,472,735 times
Quote:
Islam is a patrilineal religion: In Islam, the father passes his faith to the children, and when a Muslim man has children with a non-Muslim woman, Islam considers those children Muslim. Barrys grandfather and father having been Muslims the extent of their piety matters not at all means that in Muslim eyes, Barry was born a Muslim.
Which matters not at all to anyone who is not a Muslim--which means you must be one!

Old 10-09-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
I agree. He is lying about his past though that is all I am saying.
No he's not.

Quote:
Instead he claims Christianity
Because he's Christian.

Either way, his past beyond him becoming a politician is really none of our business.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:46 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,880,440 times
From the Washington Times...Either all of these people who knew him in the past and attended school and Mosque with him are lying, or he is lying. Obama is a liar. All politicians are, except Jimmy Carter. However, lying about who you are at the core and running from your past is personal treason. I dont expect those of you who drink the Kool Aid to care, or even mind that you were lied to, that is your perogative.

3) Registered as Muslim at SD Katolik Santo Fransiskus Asisi: Mr. Obama was registered at a Catholic school in Jakarta as “Barry Soetoro.” A surviving document correctly lists him as born in Honolulu on Aug. 4, 1961. In addition, it lists him as having Indonesian nationality and Muslim religion.(4) Registered as Muslim at SD Besuki: Although Besuki (also known as SDN 1 Menteng) is a public school, Mr. Obama curiously refers to it in “The Audacity of Hope” (Page 154) as “the Muslim school” he attended in Jakarta. Its records have not survived, but several journalists (Haroon Siddiqui of the Toronto Star, Paul Watson of the Los Angeles Times and David Maraniss of The Washington Post) all have confirmed that there, too, he was registered as a Muslim.
(5) Islamic class at Besuki: Mr. Obama mentions (“Audacity,” Page 154) that at Besuki, “the teacher wrote to tell my mother that I made faces during Koranic studies.” Only Muslim students attended the weekly two-hour Koran class, Mr. Watson reports:
“Two of his teachers, former Vice Principal Tine Hahiyari and third-grade teacher Pak Effendi, said they remember clearly that at this school, too, he was registered as a Muslim, which determined what class he attended during weekly religion lessons. ‘Muslim students were taught by a Muslim teacher, and Christian students were taught by a Christian teacher,’ Mr. Effendi said.”
Andrew Higgins of The Washington Post quotes Rully Dasaad, a former classmate, saying that Barack Obama horsed around in class and, during readings of the Koran, got “laughed at because of his funny pronunciation.” Mr. Maraniss learned that the class included not only studying “how to pray and how to read the Koran” but also actually praying in the Friday communal service on the school grounds.
(6) Mosque attendance: Maya Soetoro-Ng, Mr. Obama’s younger half-sister, said her father (Mr. Obama’s stepfather) attended the mosque “for big communal events.” Kim Barker of the Chicago Tribune found that “Obama occasionally followed his stepfather to the mosque for Friday prayers.”
The childhood friends say Mr. Obama sometimes went to Friday prayers at the local mosque. “We prayed but not really seriously, just following actions done by older people in the mosque. But as kids, we loved to meet our friends and went to the mosque together and played,” said Zulfin Adi, who described himself as among Mr. Obama’s closest childhood friends. Sometimes, when the muezzin sounded the call to prayer, Lolo and Barry would walk to the makeshift mosque together, Mr. Adi said. “His mother often went to the church, but Barry was Muslim. He went to the mosque,” Mr. Adi said.
(7) Muslim clothing: Mr. Adi recalls about Mr. Obama, “I remember him wearing a sarong.” Likewise, Mr. Maraniss found not only that “his classmates recalled that Barry wore a sarong,” but written exchanges indicating that he continued to wear this garment in the United States. This fact has religious implications because in Indonesian culture, only Muslims wear sarongs.
(8) Piety: Mr. Obama said that in Indonesia, he “didn’t practice” Islam, an assertion that inadvertently acknowledges his Muslim identity by implying he was a nonobservant Muslim. But several of those who knew him contradict this recollection. Rony Amir described Mr. Obama as “previously quite religious in Islam.” A former teacher, Tine Hahiyary, quoted in the Kaltim Post, said the future president took part in advanced Islamic religious lessons: “I remember that he had studied mengaji.” In the context of Southeast Asian Islam, mengaji Koran means to recite the Koran in Arabic, a difficult task denoting advanced study.
In summary, the record points to Barack Obama having been born a Muslim to a non-practicing Muslim father and having lived for four years in a fully Muslim milieu under the auspices of his Muslim Indonesian stepfather. For these reasons, those who knew Mr. Obama in Indonesia considered him a Muslim.
[LEFT]
Read more: PIPES: 'Barry was Muslim' - Washington Times PIPES: 'Barry was Muslim' - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
[/LEFT]

Old 10-09-2012, 06:53 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times
LMAO @ people that think a name denotes religious faith or even ethnicity in America.

One can only read the OP and laugh. Sad thing is, I don't even think he's embarrassed by this thread.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:30 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,509,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Barrack Hussein Obama went to a black power marxist church for 20 years. The spread the wealth around president absorbed 20 years of Black Liberation Theology.
This is relevant to the topic at hand how?

Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,150,494 times
Quote:
..... The intellectual dishonesty is apparent.
This demands an encore presentation...

Kirk: Spock, analysis.

Spock: Captain, sensor readings indicate a level of stupidity and ignorance never before encountered on City-Data.

Quote:
Thanks for supplying me with the list of all those named Hussein who have never been Muslim.. Oh I forgot you couldnt.
About Carson - Edward Hussein Carson

Edward Hussein Carson

Quote:
After being educated at Alabama Christian Academy in Montgomery, Alabama, Edward Carson earned a bachelor’s degree in History and Social Science and a master’s degree in Curriculum / History Education from Harding University in Searcy, Arkansas
He has never been a Muslim, so in your face.

Quote:
I know when Im being lied to, to bad you dont.
And I know when I'm being lied to. I know a bigot when I see one, too.

Take your nonsense somewhere else.

Quote:
Arabic forenames based on the H-S-N trilateral root: All such names (Hasan, Hussein,etc.are exclusively bestowed on Muslim babies. The same goes for names based on the H-M-D root.) Mr.Obama’s middle name, Hussein, explicitly proclaims him born a Muslim.
Your knowledge of linguistics is sub-standard at best.

Here are some more "Muslims" (snicker)...

General Omar Bradley
General George Joulwan
General John Abizaid

Not amused...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies