Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,455,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
..... The intellectual dishonesty is apparent.
^^The lack of intelligent thinking is apparent.

Insisting that someone must adhere to a particular faith solely because of the name they inherited is just stupid. I'm sorry, I know that's not "nice"...but there is simply no other word for it. And your statement will still have been monumentally stupid even if the mods delete this. As a presumed adult, you really should know how to employ better reasoning than this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 10:47 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Look at all the obamites swarming to his defense on this thread. That says it all pretty much.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:48 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Look at all the obamites swarming to his defense on this thread. That says it all pretty much.
Because you think your name dictates your religion?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:03 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,273,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Wow, in your delusion, you didn't see the GOP supporters in this very thread have called the OP out on his stupid post.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
You know, when I start to doubt myself, I like to read threads like this. They make me feel so intelligent and well-read!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
3) Registered as Muslim at SD Katolik Santo Fransiskus Asisi: Mr. Obama was registered at a Catholic school in Jakarta as “Barry Soetoro.”
OMG! Does attending a Catholic school make him Catholic instead of Muslim?

Quote:
(6) Mosque attendance: Maya Soetoro-Ng, Mr. Obama’s younger half-sister, said her father (Mr. Obama’s stepfather) attended the mosque “for big communal events.”
I've been to "big communal events", not to mention worship services, at Catholic, Presbyterian, Methodist, Episcopalian, Quaker and Jewish houses of worship, and more than once. I'm sure I forgot a few. My father-in-law was Episcopalian, and I attended services with him quite frequently. So ... Can you guess what religion I follow based upon the houses of worship I've attended?

Hey, wait ... I've been to the Salt Lake Temple in Salt Lake City, too. Oy ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I have a cat named Bindi who isn't a Hindu OR Indian - and I also have a non-Hawaiian cat named Kona!! Is your mind blown yet?
Ha! I have a cat named Checkers, and he is certainly not small and disc-shaped; and while his sister, Cookie, is very sweet, she's not very tasty.

Had my cats chosen their own names, Checkers no doubt would have chosen "Bruiser" or "Wildcat". But alas, babies like Newborn Obama and pets like Checkers don't get to choose their own names.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulani View Post
Ah, a name is just a name. Personality is what makes us unique.
Thank goodness some are more unique than others.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:57 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,569,957 times
Simple answer---he's a serial liar.

See how easy that was?

Old 10-10-2012, 11:59 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
I have an Irish last name but I've never been Irish.

Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The "Let's post another stupid thread about Obama" committee gets together every now and then and decide on a theme to spam the board with.

This week it's the Closet Muslim theory.
...Mission accomplished...
Actually, we have two new ones this week...this name thread and the RING thread! Can anyone translate Arabic?!?!? LOLOLOLOLOL

Old 10-10-2012, 12:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,287,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamellr View Post
Does this mean everyone who has an Italian name is a follower of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster?
The worship of pasta knows no boundaries. Have you been touched by His Noodly Appendage?

Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
The worship of pasta knows no boundaries. Have you been touched by His Noodly Appendage?

Ok, now that is really funny. I repped you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies