Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,364 times

Advertisements

I would like to say that I am surprised, but this is all too typical of the view of the fundamentalist Christian American Taliban. The fact that people like this might actually get elected is what is so scary. A guy that believes it should be legal to kill children should be persona non grata, but not in today's GOP. Republicans love their religious extremists.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2012, 03:39 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
He isn't advocating for killing children. You - like the OP - did not read the story in the provided link. The man stated clearly that their is no evidence that the death penalty as detailed in the Deuteronomic law was ever carried out - mainly because parents love their children enough to give them the neccesary correction which ends the rebellion - so that the death penalty is unneccesary.

You will note that God also loved his rebellious children enough to send his son to die in our place.

No parent who loves their children wants to kill them - and they wil do whatever is neccesary to not do so.

The law is in place to make it clear that rebellion is a serious offense.
Fuqua states in his book that while it is unlikely that many parents would seek to have their children killed by the government, such power would serve as a way to stop rebellious children.

Bottom line, your God in his book, the Bible, laid down rules by which parents could have their children killed. This idiot, Fuqua, thinks that putting down a rebellious child every now and then, would be a good idea because it would scare the sh*t out of other children and make them behave.
Quote:
Therefore, a child who disrespects his parents must be permanently removed from society in a way that gives an example to all other children of the importance of respect for parents.
BTW, Fuqua is anti-abortion. Go figure...

Old 10-08-2012, 04:34 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

#1 - how can anyone be so stupid as to believe that ONE imbecile in the failed state of Arkansas represents any type of consensus political viewpoint? It's pure rhetorical nonsense.
This isn't an isolated incident. It's quite common among Fundamentalists.

Quote:
#2 - if anyone believes or would embrace a philosophy that advocates the execution of children, they are suffering a severe psychological break down .... it's not a political or religious opinion ... it is simply evidence of mental illness which has been historically reserved for third world heathens and their insane, satanic bloodlust desires.
So it's ok to follow the Bible when condemning gays, but no ok to follow the Bible on other laws that are considered barbaric? That's called hypocrisy.

Quote:
#3 - those who take literal meaning from these rather blood thirsty biblical verses, or worse, try to rationalize them, are as deluded as the ones who believe this nonsense defines any legitimate belief held by sane people.
And yet I'm pretty sure you've stated numerous things negative about gays based on the barbaric, archaic verses of the Bible.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,246,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
You assume that only liberals would be critical of a man who endorses the biblical directive that parents kill their rebellious children? Doesn't say much for conservatives, does it??
I don't agree with this man at all. It's just you guys constantly whine that Christians cherry pick the Old Testament on gays but this guy is being consistent. Not that it's the Christian thing to do as those laws don't apply to Christians, but this guy is doing what you've suggested Christians do...showing consistency.

Old 10-08-2012, 04:50 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,957,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
I don't agree with this man at all. It's just you guys constantly whine that Christians cherry pick the Old Testament on gays but this guy is being consistent. Not that it's the Christian thing to do as those laws don't apply to Christians, but this guy is doing what you've suggested Christians do...showing consistency.
I'll agree for giving this guy credit for being consistent. On your second point however.... Despite what Paul had to say later-on Jesus himself was pretty clear about the laws DO apply to those who follow him.

“It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid.” (Luke 16:17)

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place.” (Matthew 5:17)

“Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law” (John7:19)

Old 10-08-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
You missed my point.

It's not only "liberals" who find Fuqua's statements fantastically insane - there are many conservatives who also find him nuts.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
This isn't an isolated incident. It's quite common among Fundamentalists.

So it's ok to follow the Bible when condemning gays, but no ok to follow the Bible on other laws that are considered barbaric? That's called hypocrisy.

And yet I'm pretty sure you've stated numerous things negative about gays based on the barbaric, archaic verses of the Bible.
This week in Arkansas:

State Rep. Jon Hubbard: "Slavery was a blessing"
Wanna be State Rep. Fuqua: "Deport all Muslims." Agrees with God that it's OK to kill your rebellious children.
And, just today:
Quote:
State Rep. Loy Mauch (R-Bismarck) wrote a series of letters to the editor of the Arkansas Democrat Gazette, defending slavery and attacking Lincoln, the Arkansas Times reports.
In Arkansas, you don't have to make this stuff up....

Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,710,234 times
Quote:
You liberals should applaud this guy. At least he's being consistent and not simply cherry picking Leviticus 18:22 while ignoring the rest.
Yep. I always love the hypocrites who pick and choose what they want to believe and obey. If you think the Bible is the absolute word of God to be followed to the T then why don't they follow walk the talk. Marry your brothers wife if he dies, murder those disrespectful children, know your going to hell for looking at your secretary's *** when she walks by in the office. You can't have it both ways.

Old 10-08-2012, 05:25 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
No he isn't, because there are numerous other laws he's still not following. Why isn't he advocating executing rape victims? Why isn't he executing people who work on Saturday? Why isn't he banning shellfish, cotton/polyester fabrics, planting two types of crops, having long hair, wearing glasses in Church, sex during a woman's period, executing adulterer, etc.?

He's not consistent at all.

Old 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you would have checked a little closer you would know he is actually under attack by the GOPs, not being supported by them. We are not talking about a few months ago, we are talking about now...Check your sourse before posting....
Actually what the GOP has said is that they will not send them any more money; however, they have not asked any of them to drop out of the race or resign. I say any of them, because there have been three. There was the rep. who said slavery was a good thing, there was this idiot in the OP, and there is another one who is a current rep who has called Abraham Lincoln a War Criminal.

Nita, these three do not cast a positive reflection on the State of Arkansas and the people that elected them. I believe the idiot in the OP is from your neck of the woods...Washington County, Arkansas.

m/10/08/12/Ark-GOP-No-more-money-for-hopefuls-under/landing_nation.html?&apID=7d12c2651ede4532bb3c5a8a 521d0d67
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies