Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,667,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The majority in the world, seeing as most Christians aren't ignorant, religious extremists and homophobes who don't understand biology.
We understand it perfectly well.

Humans are the supreme being and we have a morals, conscious, and intelligence. We are the supreme beings.

All those factors indicate homosexuality is wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
We are all made in God's image, or do you not believe that?

I believe that Jesus wants us to love ALL of our neighbors as ourselves, and yes, that includes our gay sisters and brothers, sons and daughters, mothers and fathers, etc.

And I am not alone in this belief:

"Leaders in the United Church of Christ from all corners of the country are applauding the Democratic Party's historic move this week, becoming the first major U.S. political party to support gay marriage."

UCC leaders applaud Dems for platform support of marriage equality

"The Episcopal Church on Tuesday approved an official liturgy for blessing same-sex unions, enabling priests who have the approval of their bishops to bestow the church’s blessing on gay couples whether they live in a state where same-sex marriage is legal or not."

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/11/us...ions.html?_r=0

Information is free.
Leviticus 18:22
"Do not practice homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman. It is a detestable sin." (NLT)

Leviticus 20:13
"If a man practices homosexuality, having sex with another man as with a woman, both men have committed a detestable act. They must both be put to death, for they are guilty of a capital offense." (NLT)

1 Corinthians 6:9-11
Don't you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don't fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people-none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God. Some of you were once like that. But you were cleansed; you were made holy; you were made right with God by calling on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (NLT)

1 Timothy 1:8-10
Now we know that the law is good, if one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who strike their fathers and mothers, for murderers, the sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine ... (ESV)

Jude 7
And don't forget Sodom and Gomorrah and their neighboring towns, which were filled with immorality and every kind of sexual perversion. Those cities were destroyed by fire and serve as a warning of the eternal fire of God's judgment. (NIV)

Old 10-09-2012, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Those that not only "accept" Christ, and "believe" in Him, but also, make all attempts to respect and act on what He preached:

"For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses."

That might explain why you're not a Christians. That begs the question (since you're anti-Obama and have this topic), when do we get to see a thread from you on Romney and his church?
Its clear you are for deliberate sinning which is worst than sinning in the first place.

2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

Old 10-09-2012, 11:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Tell that to God.
In the complete and utter absence of any proof to the contrary NO ONE has the ability to converse with any of these Gods you speak of!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Its clear you are for deliberate sinning which is worst than sinning in the first place.
Sorry, it took me a while to get a handle on your "All American English", but you should really learn about Jesus and what He was all about.

Quote:
2 Peter 2:21 It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.
How true!

Old 10-09-2012, 12:02 PM

2,548 posts, read 2,163,372 times
Does anyone actually follow Jesus? I can count the number of people I've met on one hand.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:05 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,487,222 times
Quote:
You think you do. That is the problem. And you assumed my race in the process, didn't you? It was necessary for you to make ANY point.

Does that make me "black"?

There is no need to assume when you present the evidence of being P-ed off.

Whoa; where did I say YOU were black?? I referred to you as being a practitioner of reverse racism without stating YOUR colour did I not?

P'od proof is now present from the posts I've made? Hmmm; again you're not relevent enough to P'O me and of that you'll just have to take me on faith... as you aren't any more adept at gauging my anger quotient as you are at assuming my particular race or colour .... get it yet?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Sorry, it took me a while to get a handle on your "All American English", but you should really learn about Jesus and what He was all about.

How true!
We know he was not for promoting the gay lifestyle.

Old 10-09-2012, 12:13 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,223,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Does anyone really care other than right-wing nutjobs? By the way, at least democrats are not following a guy who is in a cult that passes as a religion.
You mean like Harry Reid?

Old 10-09-2012, 12:15 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,815,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Whoa; where did I say YOU were black?? I referred to you as being a practitioner of reverse racism without stating YOUR colour did I not?
It was a question, stupid. But, you did see it as a defense for "blacks" and made an argument along the lines, hence my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We know he was not for promoting the gay lifestyle.
Neither are those Mullahs. But, that doesn't make them Christ-like.

And, we do know that Jesus wasn't concerned about gay lifestyle. But, feel free to quote Him on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies