Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 10:34 AM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So you're making it all up.
Fine, just glad you finally said so.
No I'm not.

It's a reasonable conclusion that some are about equality and some are about scapegoating men.

No different than I'm not making it all up if I said some people are racists and some aren't racist.

Seems you have an issue with the truth that some feminists are about scapegoating men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
The "average" woman in this country still makes only $0.77 for every $1.00 a man makes for equivalent work. Considering that most families today have two earners, that disparity harms men as much as it harms women. And that's just one example.
If this is honestly true, and you have supporting evidence... then i may need a bit of a Foot in Mouth moment here. That is a huge disparity.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 AM

Do men minimize and trivialize the incidence of sexual assault against women?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Some guys and some gals minimize and trivialize the incidence of sexual assault against gals. It seems the norm view is that false rape allegations happen more than rape and a gal saying she was raped really means she had sex she regretted.

Old 10-13-2012, 01:37 PM

465 posts, read 507,846 times
Quote:
yes many men do it's considered if she'd "stay in her place" it wouldn't happen and yes the $.77 for every $1 thing, black men get less than that black women get still less etc.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:24 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
No I'm not.

It's a reasonable conclusion that some are about equality and some are about scapegoating men.

No different than I'm not making it all up if I said some people are racists and some aren't racist.

Seems you have an issue with the truth that some feminists are about scapegoating men.
Based on what?
Your opinion?
Feh.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:26 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Quote:
It's not a taste of MY medicine. I've never done this to a girl. I think it's rude and ignorant. So why are women punishing me for the sins of other men? Is that what feminism is about? Are the men of today scapegoats for the crimes of men 60 years ago? I wasn't even born back in the 1950s. I feel bad for the way women were treated back in the day, but everyone under the age of 60 wasn't even alive and had no role in the persecution. I also disagree with those African Americans wanting white people TODAY to suffer for the sins of slave owners. In no way do i want to diminish the horrors of these crimes, but the people alive TODAY didn't do them. It's not a perfect analogy and that's a whole other topic, but there are some similarities i think.

We can never seem to find equality in this country. It's always one group of people or another who are winners or losers. The pendulum just swings back and forth, never stopping at a fair point in the middle.
Again, turn off the anger and trash tv.

Its obviously a gauge YOU are using to judge all women.
Any intelligent person will tell you, no two people are alike. Men and women all have different perspectives.
Everyone has different issues on this forum. Feminism is about pay and the workplace.

Somehow you bring slavery into this now

Your agenda is showing.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
Again, turn off the anger and trash tv.

Its obviously a gauge YOU are using to judge all women.
Any intelligent person will tell you, no two people are alike. Men and women all have different perspectives.
Everyone has different issues on this forum. Feminism is about pay and the workplace.

Somehow you bring slavery into this now

Your agenda is showing.

Honestly? That's really all it's about?

Old 10-13-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Based on what?
Your opinion?
Feh.
Based on logic.

No different than it's logic that some people are racist and some people aren't.

Again it seems you have an issue with the truth that some feminists believe in equality and some feminists believe in scapegoating men.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:09 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
They just want to spread lies and have the world cater to them like they're an important group. They want men ruined, basically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies