Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post

Oh, aren't you funny! Go worship at the altar of the free market and drink the kool-aid. Even when just about everything is controlled for (education, time in the work force, yada, yada) men get paid, on average, more than women. There is a huge body of research to prove that.
There is no body of research to prove that. Research shows when those things are controlled for, men and women are paid the same. Minorities and whites are paid the same also.

Liberals always run around and accuse businesses of saving every penny they can by cutting wages.

If true, why do they hire white men in the first place???? How can a white male possibly get a job when a woman or minority will do the same work for less pay?

It's not a hypothetical question. Why are white males able to obtain employment when it's obvious that the company is going to have to spend more on them??????

The number I always hear is women make 77cents for every dollor that a man makes. If I own a business I can save 23% on labor costs by hiring only women. So again, why are men, particuary white men, able to get a job at all. Isn't a company supposed to maximize profits?

Or is it your contention that women are stoopid and are willing to do the same work for less pay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Woman are morphing into things...their privilege as females is disappearing. They gays are smart though-what woman have tossed aside as useless they are utilizing...they have taken on the role of a protected and privileged class...they mimic what was once female traits...and in time they will as we see with same sex marriage- they will climb on to the pedestal of privilege that woman have abandoned........It's so ironic...woman dump the idea of being mothers and traditional woman- and the sneaky gays get right in their and take over their old jobs....

Old 10-10-2012, 09:19 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
I just can't deal with people who only see one side of an argument, or people who pretend they want one thing when they really want another. Feminists pretend they want equality, but they don't want to acknowledge and admit that women have a LOT of advantages and things are really probably more than equal in favor of women, all things considered.

Just admit what you really want. Feminists want women to have 100% power and you want men to be scapegoats for all the sins of men past. Obviously i still would not SUPPORT your cause, but i'd have a lot more respect for people who are honest about what they really want.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:20 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpfan921 View Post
Then again, i'm a man, so what do i know?
Well, for starters, you know absolutely nothing about being a woman.

But thanks for the lecture on feminism. Whenever a man starts telling a woman what feminism is about and how horrible it is.... I know we still have a lot of work to do. Keep on, keeping on sisters. Because this is the attitude that wants you back in the kitchen because he's scared to death you'll be his boss.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:33 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

But thanks for the lecture on feminism. Whenever a man starts telling a woman what feminism is about and how horrible it is.... I know we still have a lot of work to do. Keep on, keeping on sisters. Because this is the attitude that wants you back in the kitchen because he's scared to death you'll be his boss.
You must be kidding- Look in the court system- old school feminist lawyers who have graduated to being judges...They toss their "sisters" under the bus these days...they have become just like the dominating men they once despised. It's shallow to say that men are afraid of a woman being their boss...men don't care who is doing the work as long as it gets done.

The thing about power and success...it corrupts all. What makes you so sure that men do not understand woman? Where is that written in stone? This is not a contest between the boys and the girls...that is so immature. I have seen men with stronger maternal instincts than some woman...some men are more of a woman than some woman. This is bias and sexist drivel that will go into the waste bin of history....competition does not always cause the best to rise to the top of the heap- some find being contentious to be unpleasant and they retract their service.

I was not put on earth to compete with a woman- nor was a woman made to compete with me...as a young guy...I never resented REAL feminists...My mother back in the late 50s started her own business..she made ten times the amount of money my father made- and she never blamed men or hated them - for anything...."You can not keep a good man down" - nor can you keep a good woman down- No one could stop my mother from achieving what ever she wanted to achieve- She was dynamic and powerful...What you are asking people to do is elevate by artificial means woman who are NOT dynamic- That is like giving men the best position who are inept....ineptness knows no sex.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:40 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
What about all the advantages women have outside of money? What about in regards to dating, sex, relationships? If a woman goes about living her life, she will generally have guys hitting on her left and right, with plenty of opportunities and choices. Women can just sit back and be picky and wait for whoever they want. A woman generally doesn't have to DO much work in terms of meeting people... it generally just falls into her lap.

Men, on the other hand, if we just sit back and live our lives, we will end up alone with our right hands forever. A lot of guys end up settling for a woman who isn't exactly what they want, but it is just the first woman to give them some attention. We don't have the luxury of being picky.

Plus, women can get sex WHENEVER they want. If they walk into any bar in any town in the country, they can get somebody. Maybe not their ideal, but they can get laid on any night of the week. Men have to work and work and work and then they still often go home empty-handed. That's why it's called Getting Lucky when a guy gets some... it's just luck. It's not a guarantee.

There are huge non-financial advantages to being a woman that more than offset any minimal pay advantage a man might have. Feminists routinely ignore these things and only focus on the few pennies an hour that they are being underpaid. Then again, things are probably equal from a financial standpoint as well, when you consider the number of speeding tickets they get out of relative to men, or the amount of free drinks men buy for them when they go out.

I just don't see how the feminists have a leg to stand on, frankly.
Maybe if men started being more picky in who they sleep with you would see more balance in the bedroom. Stop thinking with your southern brain.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:48 AM

1,791 posts, read 3,181,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

I've had a female boss... and i got along great with her. She was one of the better supervisors i have had, frankly, and i was sad to see her move on. It did not cross my mind for one second to be upset about having a female boss. But hey, way to go making judgments and attacking people.

I am all for women being equal. What feminists want, is for men of today to be scapegoats for the sins of men in generations past. THIS is what i have a problem with, because my generation had nothing to do with women's problems 60 years ago. And as i said, i have a real lack of respect for them, because none of them admit or acknowledge their true agenda.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:31 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,972 times
At least these feminist liberals rarely reproduce so they can't poison the minds of the coming generations.

It's already happening in Europe. It won't be too long now...

Old 10-10-2012, 10:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
You guys are such frightened little boys.

Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 AM

465 posts, read 507,799 times
Quote:
I've had a female boss... and i got along great with her. She was one of the better supervisors i have had, frankly, and i was sad to see her move on. It did not cross my mind for one second to be upset about having a female boss. But hey, way to go making judgments and attacking people.

I am all for women being equal. What feminists want, is for men of today to be scapegoats for the sins of men in generations past. THIS is what i have a problem with, because my generation had nothing to do with women's problems 60 years ago. And as i said, i have a real lack of respect for them, because none of them admit or acknowledge their true agenda.
The problem in my eyes is that a lot of men, are still sexist and blame it on 60 years ago. Women have had to fight for every scrap they've gotten. I was born in '78 and until '92 there wasn't rape laws in all states yet. In many states you get less time if you hospitalize and rape your wife, than if you did that to a stranger (including in my state TN, and the state I spent the first 13 years of my life VA) I know many men that still don't think it's even possible to rape your wife that she should just give in.

On every show from MTV stories to other shows I've watched from the 80s to present men brag about drugging women and then having sex with them and claiming it's not rape. You can see articles like that just by searching rape in the askmen.com and many other online magazines. It's mostly men that hit women and not the other way around. I worry way more about those things than a woman getting the occasional free beer. And btw we all know that if she accepts that beer or wears clothes that makes him feel entitled he'll start grabbing.

The occupy movements as well as others, have had rapes happen and women were told to just shut up. That's why many of my friends both male and female were no longer involved. That's male entitlement that women don't feel. Men grab women's a**es all the time in public, and that's not counting waitresses who they know can't say/do anything about it. I'm not talking about all men, but I am talking about the ones that you and I both know glorify rape or deny certain forms of rape. I know many men I won't have anything to do with and neither will my gf because of their attitudes. My gf and I are both egalitarians, but to say that either women or men don't face challenges is wrong. Most feminists I know just want to stop rape and oppression. Yes you have your occasional feminazi but those are the exceptions, that's like saying because you and I are men we're rapists, so I don't get your argument at all. You're talking about 10% of the women.

And about the divorce rate, people used to die in a relationship for at least 2 reasons. You couldn't divorce unless it was abusive or there was an affair (provable at that). And no. 2 people lived a lot less longer time so they had to put up with a spouse 15-20 years until about the 1950s. Most nice ladies taught their women to be feminists in the 50s because of what they saw in men. There's many feminists happily married to men or at least in a ltr with men...kathleen hanna, rebecca walker, holly near, etc. (who's mom is fanatical) rebecca esp. is involved in 3rd wave feminism. 3rd wave feminism is the feminism of the 90s where women and men are seen as equals and men aren't vilified check her out and the 3rd wave feminists as well. Many women were turned off eventually by the 2nd wave as more and more women went more and more fanatical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies