Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 02:32 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

In second term, Obama will allow UN to tax Americans

In our new book, "Here Come the Black Helicopters: UN Global Governance and the Loss of Freedom," Eileen and I (Dick Morris) describe how there is now pending in the U.N. all kinds of plans to tax Americans and redistribute their wealth – not to other Americans – but to other countries. These taxes will not be like our U.N. dues paid by a vote of our Congress. Nor akin to foreign aid which we choose to give. They would be mandatory levies imposed by treaty on American citizens. And, since they would be enumerated in a Treaty – not an act of Congress -- only the president and the Democratic Senate need be on board. The Republican House has no role in the Treaty-making process.

Of course this would not surprise me at all. Only the President and Senate involved in the treaty process - how convenient.

Examples of possible taxes...

• A “Robin Hood” tax on financial transactions.
  • A global tobacco tax with the funds to flow to the World Health Organization (WHO).
  • A UN-imposed tax on billionaires all over the world.
  • Under the Law of the Sea Treaty – up for Senate ratification in December of the lame duck session – offshore oil and gas wells would have to pay a proportion of their revenues to the International Seabed Authority, a UN-sponsored organization, which would distribute the loot to the third world.
  • A carbon tax on all U.S. or other foreign commercial or passenger aircraft flying to Europe.
  • A mandatory assessment to be imposed on the U.S. to compensate third world nations for the costs of reducing their carbon output.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
I remember the Bush admin was a strong supporter of the LOST treaty and other UN BS. No doubt Romney would follow his footsteps like he wants to regarding every other issue and policy, including the re-destruction of the economy.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 10-09-2012 at 03:25 PM..

Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,239,617 times
You sure need TINFOIL for this thread. As Yamamoto said"You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass" This is just fear mongering etc.

Old 10-09-2012, 02:49 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Hillary, in her UN speech, backed a global tax.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:24 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You sure need TINFOIL for this thread. As Yamamoto said"You cannot invade America. There is a rifle behind every blade of grass" This is just fear mongering etc.
You are either naive or are OK with then taxing us.

I think most people know anybody can be invaded.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are either naive or are OK with then taxing us. I think most people know anybody can be invaded.
I think you are being naive thinking Romney would oppose UN treaties.

Old 10-09-2012, 03:41 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
You should be more worried about TPP instead of UN initiatives.
14 meetings on TPP have been held since 2010.
This is the next "NAFTA".

Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-09-2012, 03:45 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,198,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
You are either naive or are OK with then taxing us.

I think most people know anybody can be invaded.
Okay, explain how the United States would be invaded militarily. Must be easy if "most people know" right?

Old 10-09-2012, 03:57 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,907,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The right wing sure does love their conspiracy theories.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:05 PM

27,143 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think you are being naive thinking Romney would oppose UN treaties.

I don't Romney as President yet in December do you?

Under the Law of the Sea Treaty – up for Senate ratification in December of the lame duck session – offshore oil and gas wells would have to pay a proportion of their revenues to the International Seabed Authority, a UN-sponsored organization, which would distribute the loot to the third world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies