Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 01:28 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
And yet that lady (and many others) think that this means Republicans get money for school that they don't get and she thinks if she votes for Obama, her kids are going to get money from the government to go to college. It's not a Democrat or Republican thing; anyone who doesn't have the money to go to school has to borrow it and Obama isn't going to change that. But people like the lady in the video believe that he will.
She may share some similar beliefs with the Obamaphone lady who thinks Obama gave her a free phone. The free phones have been around for a long , long time and are not an Obama initiative.

And no doubt, some anti Obama folk also believe that an Obama initiative hands out free phones.

Most folk believe the sound bites that agree with their views.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,911 times
A great example of the failed Great Society programs. Yes! Liberalism at it's best!

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
It is a perfect example of tops and bottoms. If we are going to have a free enterprise economy, some people will do well and some will fail at everything. The dilemma is are we going to let idiots starve?

Old 10-11-2012, 04:30 PM

20,718 posts, read 19,360,295 times
One year I made too much money to get a grant. So I stopped working. The next year, I got a grant.

I learn quicker. I am not joking either. The best way to game the system is to work while still financially attached to parents. Don't try to go to college before then. Then when their income is not a factor, you stop working and go to Jr college. You should have saved cash. The next year you get the grants.

Rich grandmas are good too. That doesn't count on ability to pay...

Old 10-11-2012, 04:41 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Just an excuse to brag about how much you spent on your kids education. Be grateful that you can.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM

3,425 posts, read 6,308,814 times
Higher education, another all American scam. This is the only country in the "civilized" world where the average student graduates with about 30K in debt. In Germany, students were protesting because some universities went from being "free" to charging $500 euros/semester.

When the average student loan debt upon graduation reached an average of $1000 euros per student, Angela Merkel declared it a "student loan debt crisis". Now, in a lot of German states, tuition went from about $500 euros/semester back to $0

Americans would rather pay 28% in taxes and spend another 30K on average per student on a college degree that is mostly not worth the paper is printed on in this wonderful economy

Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
She sure doesn't want her kids to come to her expecting her to pay for anything. How bratty of them. LOL go to your Uncle Sam for that money kids. Your mom thinks the tax payers should pay your college costs.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,935,420 times
I think the government should give me BACK the money I paid for my kids college. I paid for 5 degrees.. I'd be happy with a half million, though that wouldn't pay for all of it.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:46 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The money for your kid's college is going to illegal immigrants by giving them reduced tuition even though they have no right to even be here courtesy of the Democrats and other bleeding hearts.
That IS NOT true in the state of Arizona.

Old 10-11-2012, 06:53 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,280,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
I'm Republican, and I had NO IDEA the government would give me money for them to go to college. You mean I've been paying tens of thousands of dollars and I didn't have to? By the way, I agree with her about the abortion issue.

Video: Crazed Obama supporter on abortion and taxes - interview - YouTube
How lazy is this woman's children.

I worked graveyard for my college money and paid for everything myself. Why should this generation get a pass on working for their college?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies