Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:41 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,745,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I am a realist. It would be very naive for anyone to believe that any administration is going to be innocent as lambs. A Romney administration would not be as well and if you believe that then maybe you should break out of your own cult. The President of the United States is privvy to the real threats that fact our nation every hour of every day. So I cut this adminstration the same amount of slack that you would for a Bush or a Romney. Seriously, there are lies of the LAST administration that we will never know the truth regarding.
Just try to write the words - Obama is lying.

It really isn't that hard to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:43 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,527,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
Just try to write the words - Obama is lying.

It really isn't that hard to do.
Repeat after me Greg...."I must stop being naive"

Old 10-10-2012, 10:26 PM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
This was on Anderson's show tonight. After it finished, you'll not believe what Anderson said:

"The man responsible for the video that set off those protests was in federal court today."

Good Lord. He still thinks it was the video and just a little protest. I thought he was smarter than that.

What protest?

Old 10-10-2012, 10:54 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Sad the very government this guy served a big part of his life for turns it's back on him and now his mother because of politics. Lies right to her face. Unbelievable. Of course the swooners see no problem whatsoever with all this.

This is so very sad, really upsets the heck out of me, and being an only child. I feel for this Mother i really sincerely do.

I feel so bad, that not only her but the rest of us were also lied to on National Television, and over and over again and for days.

I would of respected the truth more, that they knew, what happened 24 hrs after the deaths of the slain 4 americans.

I have a problem with any administration lying to us, The party makes no difference, the fact that they can easily lie to us the American people to save their butt's is what concerns me most.

When has an American Ambassador ever been killed in the past, and why was he denied more security when he asked for it.

Makes me sick, the way they carried Steven's body thru the Street's like his life was meaningless and worth nothing, as if he were a dog. How terrible, and the fear this poor man had to feel. I feel sorry for the other parent's as well. How would you now handle this, knowing what we now know, if one of the slain victims, were one of your children.

The very government these people worked for, have seemed to turn their backs on these poor souls.

And no matter who is responsible for this, really needs to pay.

All my friends over this issue, have seen the light, Republicians and Democrats alike. The fact that this administration so readily lied to our faces over and over agin, knowing the real truth of the matter, most compassionate people will have a problem with this.

The way we were lied to over and over again, day in and day out, by many different people, should tell most of us what this administration is really all about, themselves, and protecting themsmelves at all cost.

Last edited by california-jewel; 10-10-2012 at 11:05 PM..

Old 10-10-2012, 11:24 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I wonder if that official was a CIA agent.

[]

Old 10-11-2012, 12:02 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
I felt really sorry for that mother. But I believe that the State Depts point of contact is the man's wife (who lives in the Netherlands) which is probably the reason that she feels out of the loop.They do however owe her the truth regarding her son whenever it is appropriate that she be made aware of all that detailed information.
Thank you. I was just about to post the same thing. I feel very badly for her, but she personally met with President Obama, Vice President Biden and Secretary Clinton so I think it's obvious that the Obama Administration has expressed concern and certainly has shown her compassion. However, he wasn't a 17 year old kid. He was 34 year old man with a wife and 2 children. Anyone who has served in the military or knows someone in the military knows that the spouse is always the primary contact.

I am not making excuses for anyone. In fact, I don't even want to argue or get political about this poor woman's suffering. However, I haven't heard any complaints from Heather, his wife, who must also be grieving.

By the way, she seemed to have a very different attitude a few weeks ago. She also said her son wouldn't tell her why he was sent to Libya.

[url=http://www.kpbs.org/news/2012/sep/19/sean-smith-killed-libya-embassy-attack-san-diego/]Sean Smith, Killed In Libya Embassy Attack, Was San Diego Native | KPBS.org[/url]

She attended Friday's ceremony outside Washington, D.C., where the remains of the four men were returned to U.S. soil, and said she cried on the shoulders of President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and saw tears in the eyes of Defense Secretary Leon Panetta.

"They're real people, they all hug, and they hold you and they cry along with you," she told CBS8.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:51 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Why don't liberals imagine if this was your son that died. Would be upset and demand answers and accountability then?

Old 10-11-2012, 04:03 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,035,382 times
Quote:
I am a realist. It would be very naive for anyone to believe that any administration is going to be innocent as lambs. A Romney administration would not be as well and if you believe that then maybe you should break out of your own cult. The President of the United States is privvy to the real threats that fact our nation every hour of every day. So I cut this adminstration the same amount of slack that you would for a Bush or a Romney. Seriously, there are lies of the LAST administration that we will never know the truth regarding.
So that's it. Basically, im sure some other Administration has done something similar so we just excuse it?

Do you think for one second, if this exact situation happened under Bush that MSNBC and very singly media outlet would blanket tv screens and newspapers for days, demanding answers and demanding accountability? They would be calling it Watergate times 1000. The woman in this interview wouldnt just be on CNN. Every network would have her on and make certain the people knew of it.

You should find it troubling the reaction by many of Romney's comment when this happened, it was every where. No one, no media hesitated to attack Romney for it and made sure everyone knew of it. Yet when it comes to what actually happened in Libya, its as if as many on the left/in the media could care less if the truth is known. In fact, to take it a step further, they wouldve been just fine if what we know now, was never known.

Even after damning testimony yesterday where people on the ground in Libya begged for more security and didnt get it was confirmed.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:24 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,239,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Why don't liberals imagine if this was your son that died. Would be upset and demand answers and accountability then?
Do you think Bush 43 cries every night for those killed and injured?
And, what about conservatives? Are they equally upset?

Casualties of the Iraq War - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We were all lied to. The 43rd. adminstration covered up a lot of stuff, does that bother you too?
Or, should we liberals just shut up and let you make audacious remarks.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
September will be the month where it all changed....Benghazi was the start, the first debate continued it.

A few months ago I would have said Romney could not beat Obama and that we were in for another four years of failed policies but now? Now I think it's not only possible but looking more and more likely by the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies