Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I would say that the idea that people look to HBO to get their opinions of the country probably does set it back a ways.
I don't look to HBO to get my opinions, I've believed this way for years...if you can't contribute something constructive with some intellect, please stay out of the thread, and allow others who feel the same way contribute and stop being a bully....

You folks are extremely hateful...you and others that cannot contribute intellect and resort to pulling people down so you can feel more powerful....do you even realize how ridiculous your comment is?

My point is, it's the first show on TV that tells it like it is...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 11:23 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Voting for an "Independent" gives the advantage to Romney in a close race. So does 'sitting out' the election. That's how I see it.
I tend to disagree, I think, no, I fear, Obama is going to win...????

Each party does the same thing, but in a different way...both of them, promise they are working for the people, then when they get elected, they throw a few crumbs at the people, but continue on their own agendas....working for the people who really run this country.
both parties have run this country into the ground, they have ruined it...how the heck can any one man create more jobs, when more jobs are being moved overseas??????? Yet, the liberal media, who created the illusion of Obama, keeps saying, it's getting better, there are more jobs out there, and that is a blatent lie. And if you are lucky enough to get a job, some employers realize they have no competition, and are treating they're employees like people were treated years ago, when the unions came to save them. We have not progressed, we have regressed...and each party keeps fighting back and forth. Throw em all out of the Senate and Congress and start all over again, with people who not only care but show up for work.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:22 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
I don't share your desperation and negative view of our country or hopes for the future. I also have a different understanding than you of the process of governance, who can do what, when and how and the division of responsibilities under our Constitution. No conspiracies for me when I look at numbers being published about jobs and unemployment. Not everyone in the government is so corrupt to assume the entire network of hundreds of thousands of people are acting in unison to lie. As for the work issue: it's the employer's market just as it's the buyer's market with housing. I think we can thank "W" Bush for these problems ... but, also, too, the economic problems we face we dont' face alone ... they're worldwide. Many critics fail to understand that. We don't live in isolation unaffected by world events. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:26 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,490,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I would say that the idea that people look to HBO to get their opinions of the country probably does set it back a ways.
Sometimes, others can express our views and opinions better than we can. And when that happens sharing that better presentation/expression of our opinions doesn't mean we don't think for ourselves. At least some of us are intelligent enough to have opinions.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:27 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
The GREATEST thing about America is that if you don't think it's the greatest country in the world, you are completely free to leave it and find someplace where you feel more comfortable.

Cuba might be a suggestion for the Libs here.

Old 10-11-2012, 01:28 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Nobody can afford HBO anymore in this country thanks to Obama's economic destruction. Nice try lefties. lol

Antennae and land line work fine, they have too.
Thankfully the antennae is free and not taxed...............yet.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
Sure, HBO, vents their Liberal rants and they proved what? Who has saved the world at least 3 times in the last 100 years? WW I, WW II, Cold War. What nation has created more wealth, uplifted more people out of poverty than the USA? When there is a natural disaster who does the world look too? The UN? Russia? China? naw...the USA.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:25 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,486,569 times
I love this country and i think it is the greatest country in the world. and i really love when i share this opinion and some annoying person gets all sensitive and calls me a religious, gun shootin, redneck, blah, blah, blah. just makes me laugh my a** off

(this has actually happened to me multiple times right here on this website)

Old 10-11-2012, 02:27 PM

5,356 posts, read 18,538,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Might be a show, but it'd damn true!!!! Best show on TV, finally someone gets it.
My view of the show is it's a liberal viewpoint of how they'd like republicans to act. None of the shows ever took a liberal issue to task. The closest might have been Weiner incident, but they considered it to be a distraction, only reporting it in passing.

Old 10-11-2012, 02:30 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't look to HBO to get my opinions, I've believed this way for years...if you can't contribute something constructive with some intellect, please stay out of the thread, and allow others who feel the same way contribute and stop being a bully....

You folks are extremely hateful...you and others that cannot contribute intellect and resort to pulling people down so you can feel more powerful....do you even realize how ridiculous your comment is?

My point is, it's the first show on TV that tells it like it is...
What you managed to point out to everyone is you are as narrow-minded as the politicians you despise..

Telling someone in a discussion thread they are a bully and extremely hateful, that a TV show tells it like it is and anyone who disagrees with you isn't contributing any intelligence to the thread and should stay out of the thread...

Sounds like someone needs to grow up...

BTW, I form my opinions by staying up to date with the following news sites:

~ BBC News
~ China Daily
~ China Post Tiawan
~ France24
~ Israel News
~ Korea Herald
~ Pew Research Center
~ Pravda
~ Spiegle Online
~ The Australian
~ The Times of India
~ Slashdot
~ The Register
~ JunkScience.com
~ Sunlite
~ DodBuzz
~ Military.com
~ myradio.ua
~ Chinesemil.blogspot.com

I don't trust any American news organization to give me honest impartial news..... And I trust even less any TV show....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies