Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Actually, that's quite normal for someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

which Obama doesn't have. This is typical of a child, especially children who come from moving around a lot, and having several family members take care of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 02:15 PM

5,787 posts, read 4,713,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well.... a child from a broken home may have insecurities that are quelled by telling little lies that boost their self esteem and protect themselves from what they think will be harm or rejection.

Keep in mind he moved around a LOT. He didn't have any close bonds with family or friends.

I can allow this lie to slide, his life was in turmoil when he was a kid, he was a child afterall. He was making the best of the situation he was confronted with.

You notice that he grew up in a WEALTHY WHITE neighborhood and went to a PRIVATE highschool school where he was on a scholarship?

Then everyplace he ever moved to he CHOSE to live in the wealthiest neighborhoods.

He doesn't have a CLUE what living as a Black person is like.

He had to COMMUTE from his wealthy suburban neighborhood to do his community organizing.

And then they claim Romney is the one out of touch with regular people?

Old 10-11-2012, 02:16 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Actually, that's quite normal for someone with Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
What is? To claim to be someone, something, that you're not? And even better, when someone claims it on your behalf?

Old 10-11-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
which Obama doesn't have.

On exactly what do you base that on??? Is it your Doctorate in Psychiatry and your personal interviews with him?

Old 10-11-2012, 02:20 PM

I'm not a psychiatrist and I've never met Obama, but from what I gather from hearing him talk in many different situations, he does seem to be a narcissist.

Ever notice how he internalizes everything?

If I had a son, he'd be like Travon, etc....

Old 10-11-2012, 02:21 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,806,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
On exactly what do you base that on??? Is it your Doctorate in Psychiatry and your personal interviews with him?
Personal observations are enough. [MOD CUT]

Quote:
Ever notice how he internalizes everything?
If I had a son, he'd be like Travon, etc....
And you don't do that? But then, it won't surprise me, if you only talked about others and NEVER put self in their shoes to have a proper perspective.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 10-11-2012 at 04:17 PM.. Reason: discuss the topic, not other posters

Old 10-11-2012, 02:31 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
According to the link, he had to be AT LEAST 10-18 years old when he said this.
According to the link, 10 or 11 years old.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:15 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,373,819 times
Quote:
No...according to the link, she personally doesn't recall him saying that, but other kids told her he did. She met him in 5th grade and knew him until 12th. So it could have happened between 5th and 12th grade.

Since you enter kindergarten at 5, then 5th grade is 10 and you normally graduate at 17 or 18.
Really jt800, is it too much to ask that you READ YOUR OWN LINK?

Here I'll quote from the link YOU posted:

Quote:
I understand that he told his fifth-grade class that he was Kenyan royalty, but I never heard that story until years later.
Quote:
I think part of the reason that he came up with being an Indonesian prince or a Kenyan prince to his fifth-grade class was sort of that sense of OK, I feel a little different, so I'd better be something a little fancier, because it was a fancy school.
What part of Obama saying this when he was in 5th grade are you not getting?

Old 10-11-2012, 03:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Well.... a child from a broken home may have insecurities that are quelled by telling little lies that boost their self esteem and protect themselves from what they think will be harm or rejection.

Keep in mind he moved around a LOT. He didn't have any close bonds with family or friends.

I can allow this lie to slide, his life was in turmoil when he was a kid, he was a child afterall. He was making the best of the situation he was confronted with.

You know what, i do have to agree with you on this, a child from a broken home, does have many insecurities, and sometimes has got to put a wall up.

In all fairness there are a lot of kids in High School, that do lie, to make themself feel or look better. I do believe that it is a self esteem issue.

However when older, and you tell the same lies, i have to question this.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:55 PM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
He might be, off course he might have 50 brothers who he is line for the throne with.
Its like when I hear an adult in tell me they are the descendant of a Cherokee Princes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies