Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 06:04 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,851,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So just another ignorant comment huh?

Thanks for proving my point, the parents failed to raise their child to cope with modern society...
Maybe I should trust you on that one, since you seem to be the one who thinks that the best way to cope with modern society is to lament how it's not the wild west anymore.

Quote:
No more than you fancy yourself to be intelligent.....
One time, when I was in Union Square, a bum who smelled like death walking came up and asked me for change as I waited to cross the street.

Me: "Sorry, I don't have any."
Him: "Please man, I really need to get something to eat."
Me: "I don't have any money to give you."
Him: "Oh come on man, I ain't got nothing, give me something!"
Me: "I don't have anything to give you."
Him: "Oh yeah? Well, the next time you got a woman over and you want some ______ from her, she's gonna say, 'sorry, I ain't not nothing to give you.'"
Me: "Nice one. If that was coming from someone who didn't wake up in their own urine this morning, that may have hurt me."

Same deal...

Quote:
Yes, we see the results of reigning in people....

U.S. prison population dwarfs that of other nations

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/23/wo...anted=all&_r=0

But.....

You want MORE LAWS...

You want MORE REGULATIONS...

Lets put MORE PEOPLE in prison...

There is something radically wrong in this picture....

The United States of America has turned into a police state because of people like you...
And you want more people to just kill eachother.

Last edited by 415_s2k; 10-13-2012 at 06:19 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,478,526 times
Quote:
Nobody to blame except the societies that teach their kids to go tell the teacher or mommy/daddy instead of beat the crap out of the person(s) doing the bullying....

People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......

Yap, the pussification of the Americas.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,189,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
And you want more people to just kill eachother.
Did I ever say that? NO...

I have stated quite clearly so that someone with just a modicum of intelligence can tell what I think is right.

I'm sorry you can't keep up...

Old 10-13-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
What's next?

~ laws against dirty looks?

~ laws against brushing into someone?
You totally ignored what I said about how I don't think that there's any reason or justification for enforcing laws against catcalls or other uncouth/nasty/immature/stupid behavior and instead just keep pushing ahead with your extremist and ignorant views.

You also ignored how I posted how no new laws are necessary as her treatment was already covered by existing laws.

And, how I think that the whole "bullying" thing is largely overblown.

Just keep plowing ahead with your nonsense.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Did I ever say that? NO...

I have stated quite clearly so that someone with just a modicum of intelligence can tell what I think is right.

I'm sorry you can't keep up...
No, you post things that someone of minimal intelligence can understand and get behind, and everyone else thinks is absurd...

Old 10-13-2012, 06:30 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
[ ] Care

[X] Don't Care

Old 10-13-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
No, you post things that someone of minimal intelligence can understand and get behind, and everyone else thinks is absurd...
Never fails, someone fails to prove their point here and they fall back on saying things like "you post things that someone of minimal intelligence" and then speak for everybody else on C-D "everyone else thinks is absurd"

You just keep on living in your fantasy world....

I taught my kids this is a mean world and to stick up for themselves both my sons and my daughters.

You keep on teaching yours one of these days the world will institute the Internet Bullying Police Department and go run and hide whenever someone picks on them until it happens...

My kids won't get picked on because they have friends that will stick up for them when the odds are stacked against them.....

What will yours do besides come running home in tears?

The only thing bullies understand....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isfn4OxCPQs&

Last edited by plwhit; 10-13-2012 at 06:46 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Never fails, someone fails to prove their point here and they fall back on saying things like "you post things that someone of minimal intelligence" and then speak for everybody else on C-D "everyone else thinks is absurd"
You know why it "never fails" to happen?

Because you keep spouting gibberish that has nothing to do with real life

Quote:
You just keep on living in your fantasy world....

I taught my kids this is a mean world and to stick up for themselves both my sons and my daughters.

You keep on teaching yours one of these days the world will institute the Internet Bullying Police Department and go run and hide whenever someone picks on them until it happens...

My kids won't get picked on because they have friends that will stick up for them....

What will yours do besides come running home in tears?

The only thing bullies understand....

Victim Fights Back In NSW Sydney School | 'Casey' - YouTube
LAST TIME:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I took martial arts from 2nd grade onwards.
I took shotokan karate, TKD, JKD, and boxing... I learned that from my maternal grandpa, who was the Army team's heavyweight boxing champ.

What do you think I'm going to teach my kids?

I am much more cognizant of how ugly this world can be than you could possibly realize, and I've been involved in some very nasty situations. I strive to make sure that other people don't have to go through what I've gone through because you know what? Yeah, it's great being tough and all, but you know what else is great? Being able to walk down the street without expecting that someone's gonna mess with you. Part of that is living in a society where there are laws that are a deterrent to going and messing with someone; the other part is taking steps to live in an area that's generally safe and avoiding dangerous situations and areas. You can never totally, 100% isolate yourself from risk, but you seem to think that there's a bloodthirsty maniac hiding in the garage of every suburban home and it's inevitable that you're going to be attacked.

I plan to raise my kids, when I have them, to be aware that the world can be a dangerous place, but that it's also a beautiful place with tons of opportunity. I've chosen to live my life fear, and I will raise my children to do the same. You go ahead and raise your kids however you want.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
You know why it "never fails" to happen?

Because you keep spouting gibberish that has nothing to do with real life
Lets pass more laws...

Lets pass more regulations...

Quote:
LAST TIME:

I took shotokan karate, TKD, JKD, and boxing... I learned that from my maternal grandpa, who was the Army team's heavyweight boxing champ.

What do you think I'm going to teach my kids?
To run every time a bully picks on them....

Still fantasizing on what I posted I see.... Where in any post in this thread did I say or allude to:

Quote:
but you seem to think that there's a bloodthirsty maniac hiding in the garage of every suburban home and it's inevitable that you're going to be attacked.
You have consistently shown readers here you attribute things to people that never occurred...

Sorta makes the rest of what you post highly suspect as to believability... (you know, BS?)

Quote:
I've chosen to live my life fear, and I will raise my children to do the same. You go ahead and raise your kids however you want.
It's very obvious you live your life in fear and that's why you want:

~ MORE LAWS

~ MORE REGULATIONS

~ MORE GOVERNMENT CONTROL AND INVOLVEMENT IN PARENTS ABILITY TO RAISE THEIR CHILDREN

And that's where you and I differ, I and my kids walk and travel without fear, we don't depend on others or the government for our well being....

We live in an adult state where we execute baddies, the Castle Doctrine rules and we can drive on the Interstate legally at 85 MPH and bullies get the crap kicked out of them...

Amazing how respectful people are to one another realizing people have Concealed Carry Permits....

Last edited by plwhit; 10-13-2012 at 07:57 PM..

Old 10-13-2012, 07:44 PM

3,966 posts, read 10,695,475 times
Quote:
People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......
Exactly. What exactly is wrong with being alone anyway? It's the most peaceful thing in the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies