Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiphead View Post
Exactly. What exactly is wrong with being alone anyway? It's the most peaceful thing in the world.
Nothing like an entire thread zipping by over ones head huh?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:18 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
But.....

You want MORE LAWS...

You want MORE REGULATIONS...

Lets put MORE PEOPLE in prison...

There is something radically wrong in this picture....

The United States of America has turned into a police state because of people like you...

What's next?

~ laws against dirty looks?

~ laws against brushing into someone?
Do you feel there should be laws against intentionally harming a person physically?
Do you feel there should be laws against intentionally harming a person emotionally?

Old 10-13-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Do you feel there should be laws against intentionally harming a person physically?
Do you feel there should be laws against intentionally harming a person emotionally?

Like there aren't enough already?

Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Really adult and intelligent
Now, if you're finished...

Do you think there should be
A) 0 laws against physical violence
or
B) more than 0 laws against physical violence

I, expressly, do not mean MORE laws, I mean total laws.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Now, if you're finished...

A) 0 laws against physical violence Yes<-------------------------
or
B) more than 0 laws against physical violence Yes<-------------------------

I, expressly, do not mean MORE laws, I mean total laws.
As I have no concept of "total laws" and am not a Democrat so no I don't vote on things I don't know....

~YAWN~ i am getting so bored repeating myself....

So you think we are going to have:

~ The Internet Bully Administration?
~ Internet Bully Therapy Hospitals?
~ Facebook Bully Police?
~ The Internet Hurt Feelings Quick Reaction Squad?
~ The Tweet Don't Hurt Me Agency?

What do you suggest the prison terms be?

~ 5 years for making fun of someone on the Internet?
~ 10 years for sending a demeaning email?
~ Life without parole for making someone cry on the Internet?

Will there be a new TV show? ~ Law and Order - Internet Feelings Unit

Old 10-14-2012, 12:36 AM

1,512 posts, read 1,822,487 times
Quote:
As I have no concept of "total laws" so cannot comment of them...
It seemed like a reasonable question to me.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
It seemed like a reasonable question to me.
Everything seems like a reasonable question to you....

What are you, fillihok's second banana?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Quote:
A) 0 laws against physical violence Yes<-------------------------
or
B) more than 0 laws against physical violence Yes<-------------------------
How can there be both 0 laws and more than 0 laws?

Old 10-14-2012, 12:56 AM

Quote:
How can there be both 0 laws and more than 0 laws?
A positive and a negative cancel themselves out....

But it's another fantasy question because there are numerous laws of the books against these crimes....

Take some of your wasted time here and start studying Westlaw....

Old 10-14-2012, 01:14 AM

1,841 posts, read 3,173,928 times
Quote:
Yeah, the Internet has become a deadly weapon....

God forbid people get taught to ignore something offensive, that's too much common sense....

LETS MAKE ANOTHER LAW!

Plus it's a great excuse for the government to hire another 100,000 people....

We do know one thing for sure, in this politically correct world an old adage has been lost to antiquity:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me........

In 2012 it's now:

Sticks and stones may break my bones and words will surely kill me......
Bullying has always been a part of our society any society..

I am 38 I recall when I was in Jr High and HS I saw a lot of bullying going on, it ended a few ways..
1. Parents got involved
2. There was a fight and it ended

Now? With technology? The internet, I.E. Myspace now more recently Face Book and cell phones…
It has become a virtual attack on students..

I posted this on the parent forum a while back but it still stands..

When I was a Case Manager/transitional housing coordinator at a DV safe house, I had a client come to me with an issue like this..

Situation: Clients daughter was 16, very pretty and dating a boy that another girl liked..
This other child decided to copy and DL a pic of my clients daughter and add a commentary about how she liked to get a train done on her, she loved to give blow jobs and she was a “hoski” aka a *****.. This other child sent this as a mass text to everyone she knew and my client received a lot of horrible texts in response to this text ( She allowed her daughter to use her cell so she could call her landline whenever she needed to get picked up)
The boy broke up with my clients daughter due to peer pressure, my clients daughter was shunned at school and beat up in the locker room by 4 girls and one of those girls captured the fight or ass beating on her cell and put the fight on you tube.
My client stated her daughter was depressed was no longer safe at school and so forth.
As a case manager and advocate I first placed her in a continuation school after talking to a friend whom was the principal there he allowed the move and stated he had security posted on her.

These little ******* had the audacity to come to my safe house and tried to call her out of her apartment to beat her up again, wrong move again..
I got a mental description a positive I.D. from my clients daughter and stated to the heifers that I was calling the PD.
I contacted the HS and put pressure on the principal and stated the nature of the incident..He stated there was a way to get her In trouble, our city had adopted the CYBER Bullying law..and if these acts were done during school hours of operation? She could be brought up on formal charges..

The truancy officer contacted me asap and stated that this other child had been missing school for awhile and the PARENT was unresponsive.
However they stated that when the child showed up for school? They would confiscate her cell phone and if the texts were on her phone they could get her on a technicality..
That is exactly what happened and this little ***** was picked up at her home and her mother was a junkie..big surprise..
The principal located the you tube video and attached assault charges on her as well and the other child received a year in juvie..
Looking back now, I feel bad for this child since her mother was a junkie and an absent parent however there should be a no tolerance law period..

This situation could have very well turned out like this vid but thankfully my client and her daughter had a good relationship and she was a part of our program and had advocacy..
Cyber bullying is serious business…It does not matter how “strong” a child is being accepted by their peers over rides everything…heckling, lies and teasing can be cruel and devastating..
I honestly believe some of the responsibility needs to rest on the parents..

By asking questions, by having a good relationship with their children and monitoring..I am no stranger to doing routine drive bys on my sons Face book page ( HE IS 15) I have no issues calling parents out on their parenting methods whatsoever…this is my child and has the right to an education and all the fun HS can be and I will not tolerate another parents kids f*%$&$# it up for mine..

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
You can't pass laws governing what people post on youtube and facebook. Nor can you pass laws on how people treat each other.

The real problem is we live in a very shallow and corse society. Mainstream media, pop culture, Hollywood pushes the "in-crowd," agenda, "hey if you're not popular then you're dogsh*t." You have to have a certain look, certain clothes, newest iPhone, all that stuff. Relating to my own experience, as a teenager you don't have the life experiences under your belt or the back-bone to say f*ck all that I'll do what makes me happy I could care less about being popular. When you get older you realize high school is a drop in the bucket in the spectrum of life. Now facebook wasn't around when I was in high school either. People are thought of as disposable, hey so what if you f*ck with someone's emotions, is basically the attitude. Cheating on your spouse or SO is so prevelant today no one has any regard for someone else. Our society is f-ed up if you really think about it. It truly is a tragedy.

There is only one way to stop it. Parents need to go back to the old school, like the dad that shot his daughter's lap top, and start handing out ass kickings when they even think about treating someone else like this. It needs to be done @ a young age, BEFORE high school. I'm all for beating kids. My rear-end got wacked with a wooden spoon or kicked with my dad's shoe many times. I survived. That's what parents need to start doing again
I agree…But also BEING A GODDAMN parent!!!
Know what your kid is doing, who his friends are or aren’t..Not being too busy to notice changes in your child..
To be very honest? I am not going to state I am a perfect parent or have a perfect child but I will say this.I have always set up the communication arena to be open and have your own opinions.
I have raised my son to be independent and now that he is in HS, I will tell him, popularity is over rated, half of these kids will amount to nothing and have no issues dragging you down with them.
I did send my son to a catholic school since kinder up to 8th grade, he has this education to look back on when sheet gets hard..He has been taught right from wrong at home and then this was reinforced at school..
By the time he hit HS he already knew what was not cool and what was..

How do I know? He tells me, maybe not everything but he is a good kid..
He calls me embarrassing from time to time when I ask to meet the parents of his new friends if he is going to spend the night or attend an event with them.
What I am faced with is parents stating “Okay I am glad you wanted to meet I am very protective over my son and now that I met you I am glad our kids are friends, they are good boys..
What happened to this little girl was a tragedy..
I do not have a daughter but a niece and I hold my job responsibly as an aunt and as a second mom..
Teaching self respect and what to do and not do but the understanding that they will mistakes as we did when we were younger should be part of the conversation..
THE FACT THAT no matter what errors in judgment they made they will always have our support and we can help them..
This is nothing new..sexting..sending pics in provocative poses is the standard young girls feel they need to do in order not to lose their crush.,.
Uggg.
The parents can hold someone accountable if they trace the pics back to this kid…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies