Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 09:46 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,911,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nobody to blame except the societies that teach their kids to go tell the teacher or mommy/daddy instead of beat the crap out of the person(s) doing the bullying....

People don't have thin skins anymore, they have no skin, and everywhere they touch or reality touches them is course sandpaper......

Old 10-11-2012, 09:49 PM

People need to hit the bullies back instead of inflicting fatal blows on themselves.

A good punch in the jaw usually teaches a bully a lesson. As long as you play the role of a victim - and "tell" - then the bully has won.

Why didn't this girl stand up for herself?

There is no bigger statement of a victim then someone who kills themsleves because they were bullied

Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,063,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
People need to hit the bullies back instead of inflicting fatal blows on themselves.

A goof punch in the jaw usually teaches a bully a lesson. As long as you play the role of a victim - and "tell" - then the bully has won.

Why didn't this girl stand up for herself?

There is no bigger statement of a victim then someone who kills themsleves because they were bullied
Your post is disgusting and has no compassion whatsoever.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:51 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,141,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
It is a big deal, words hurt. One of the biggest lies that we were told as children were "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me". Broken bones do heal, a broken spirit doesn't. Beating someone up doesn't solve the problem, what are you, a 12 year old boy?
No, he's an insecure adult male. You will notice that the ones who post this type of caca are invariably males. It can be tough to be a male in our society. As wrong as he is, I do understand what moves him to post such things.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,141,751 times
Quote:
He doesn't actually lack compassion. He is posting these things to appear a certain way. As a female, you have much more latitude to express compassion and empathy than a male.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Sticks and stones may break my bones and words will surely kill me......
Yep - in the 1980's when I was 10 - 14 - I was bullied and I learned real quick that if one is hit with sticks or fists - you respond by hitting back with sticks or fists - and if stones are thrown - you throw stones back. I also learned that at a certain age - people grow up. Being a freshman in high school tends to be a great leveler - especialy for those who thought they were top dog in 5-8 grade.

That took care of most bullies.

It is called self defense.

When words (that don't hurt anyone) were thrown - I turned the other cheeck - just like the Bible says to do.

The only thing that a bully hates more than a target who fights back is one who ignores their verbal abuse.

Both make them powerless.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:57 PM

192 posts, read 255,248 times
Is it weird that I even find it hard to feel sorry for the girl who killed herself, I'm so jaded by human nature right now?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:58 PM

37,056 posts, read 42,015,227 times
Quote:
Yep - in the 1980's when I was 10 - 14 - I was bullied and I learned real quick that if one is hit with sticks or fists - you respond by hitting back with sticks or fists - and if stones are thrown - you throw stones back. I also learned that at a certain age - people grow up. Being a freshman in high school tends to be a great leveler - especialy for those who thought they were top dog in 5-8 grade.

When words (that don't hurt anyone) were thrown - I turned the other cheeck - just like the Bible says to do.

The only thing that a bully hates more than a target who fights back is one who ignores their verbal abuse.
Is anyone at all understanding that you can't beat up the internet?

Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM

5,996 posts, read 7,063,343 times
Quote:

Both make them powerless.
Dude, this poor girl killed herself because of "words that don't hurt".

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:

How so?

I am trying to prevent another unneccesary death.

Don't tell me that you think that this girl had no choice other then to committ suicide?

That was her decision. I have been suicidal - and I know that it is possible to heal and prevent oneself from carrying through with that final act. Those 5-6 months were absolute hell - I pulled through because I had friends and family whom I could not bear to let down.

Support systems are important - so is finding some perspective. As bad as I considered my situation to be at the time - the rational part of me realized eventually that the consequences of me ending my life(the wreckage I would leave behind in human terms) were much worse.

I would be remiss if I did not credit the Lord for his love, grace, and strength. May God bless those who go through the thought process that this girl did and may they know that God's loves overcomes all things.

If God is for us - who can ever be against us?

Last edited by Harrier; 10-11-2012 at 10:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies