Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 05:36 PM

3,052 posts, read 4,305,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I would assume it was more than that since the authorities had tried to find him before.
We have no idea how hard they tried. I'm guessing not that hard, because it didn't take much "hacking" skill to find out who he was.

Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Quote:
Eh. Hackers avoid authorities all the time that's why when they finally get caught, they tend to get hired by the government LOL.

It's not like all the members of 4chan are behind bars.

Local police departments don't usually employ computer experts either.
So if you were in those parents shoes once the police "gave up" you would be satisfied and also "give up"...

Pathetic.....

Old 11-01-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I would assume it was more than that since the authorities had tried to find him before. I'm assuming he did the usual cloaking type stuff people do when they don't want to be traced... bouncing off multiple IP addresses, using dummy emails and cloaking software, etc.
This shows just how ignorant you are concerning the Internet, TCP/IP, POP SMTP protocols, server logs etc.....

Old 11-01-2012, 06:57 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
So if you were in those parents shoes once the police "gave up" you would be satisfied and also "give up"...

Pathetic.....
And we're back to blaming the parents. Ugh.

You were saying they were inattentive. All I was saying was that they were not. They were actively trying to help their daughter and had reached out for assistance from multiple people, some of them in authority.

Do you really think they are MORE culpable than the deranged stalking peodophile that tracked the girl down to 3 different schools? Sure in hindsight you can come up with all kinds of things they "should" have done, but the reality is there is no handbook for the situation they were in. They were trying the best they could.

Calling everyone but the OTT nutcase stupid, even people who comment on the Internet, does not change the fact that what happened to this young girl and her family goes well beyond the pale of garden variety bullying and expecting ordinary people to possess sophisticated skills to deal with a rare multilevel prolonged assault is unfair to say the least.

Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM

Quote:
And we're back to blaming the parents. Ugh.
Let me clue you in, I've never stopped blaming the parents....

Quote:
You were saying they were inattentive. All I was saying was that they were not. They were actively trying to help their daughter and had reached out for assistance from multiple people, some of them in authority.
And as I told you earlier:

If one of my kids was being stalked online you bet your buns I'd be in contact with every TV station, every newspaper and every politician and not stop until someone took me serious...

Quote:
Do you really think they are MORE culpable than the deranged stalking peodophile that tracked the girl down to 3 different schools? Sure in hindsight you can come up with all kinds of things they "should" have done, but the reality is there is no handbook for the situation they were in. They were trying the best they could.
Well, we see the result of their "best effort" don't we? A total abject failure...

Well your honor, we contacted the school, they didn't know what to do so we contacted the police and they didn't know what to do so we just gave up....

Why didn't the parents take away Internet access from their daughter?

Quote:
Calling everyone but the OTT nutcase stupid, even people who comment on the Internet, does not change the fact that what happened to this young girl and her family goes well beyond the pale of garden variety bullying and expecting ordinary people to possess sophisticated skills to deal with a rare multilevel prolonged assault is unfair to say the least.
Ummm, the police and the government are "ordinary people"????????

Who are you trying to kid?

Let me reiterate:

If one of my kids was being stalked online you bet your buns I'd be in contact with every TV station, every newspaper and every politician and not stop until someone took me serious...

But I guess the parents jobs were more important than the safety and welfare of their daughter.....

Last edited by plwhit; 11-01-2012 at 10:51 PM..

Old 11-09-2014, 06:18 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Yeah, the Internet has become a deadly weapon....

God forbid people get taught to ignore something offensive, that's too much common sense....

LETS MAKE ANOTHER LAW!

Plus it's a great excuse for the government to hire another 100,000 people....

We do know one thing for sure, in this politically correct world an old adage has been lost to antiquity:

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me........

In 2012 it's now:

Sticks and stones may break my bones and words will surely kill me......
As one who was bullied and gossiped about all through grade school, Jr. high and high school, I totally agree.
I, and many of my friends, were complete misfits. we survived. Nobody committed suicide, and nobody shot up the school (even though we all had guns!)
I look at what is happening today, and I have to wonder, what has gone wrong? Why are these kids so emotionally weak?
I do not and can not understand...
Not long ago, a local 11 year old Native American girl hung herself. Her parents say she was bullied. The school has investigated and has found little or no evidence of bullying. So, why did she hang herself? Who can be blamed for this suicide?
Many questions, very few answers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies