Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 06:41 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Why shouldn't the leaders who order generous offerings of Hickory Shampoo for protestors earn one as well?

Who is this "EU" person anyway? Mr. or Mrs. EU? It's an odd last name to have, no?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 06:44 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,511,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Why shouldn't the leaders who order generous offerings of Hickory Shampoo for protestors earn one?

Who is this "EU" person anyway? Mr. or Mrs. EU? It's an odd last name to have, no?
I have no idea what you're on about.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Wtf?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
I have no idea what you're on about.
I've just never heard of this Eu individual who earned a peace prize. Is it a man or woman? What has this person done to earn a peace prize?

Several other tips: look up hickory shampoo on google, read the news headlines, and return here and we can discuss further

Old 10-12-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
I've just never heard of this Eu individual who earned a peace prize. Is it a man or woman? What has this person done to earn a peace prize?

Several other tips: look up hickory shampoo on google, read the news headlines, and return here and we can discuss further
I know what a hickory shampoo is: applying a baton to the melon of protesters but here's a better idea for you: if you start a topic clearly explain your point and back it up with a link so people know what the flock you're talking about.

ps. I assume you're referring to the EU itself as being the recepient of the Peace Prize?

Old 10-12-2012, 06:50 AM

Quote:
I know what a hickory shampoo is: applying a baton to the melon of protesters but here's a better idea for you: if you start a topic clearly explain your point and back it up with a link so people know what the flock you're talking about.
I am simply asking what Mr./Ms/Miss Eu did to earn a peace prize? What manner of civil disobedience did he or she implement? What movement did he or she start? Who is this Eu person?

Is the paradigm of the peace prize shifting? Is it following a more Reagan-esque "peace through superior firepower" standard?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:10 AM

Quote:
I am simply asking what Mr./Ms/Miss Eu did to earn a peace prize? What manner of civil disobedience did he or she implement? What movement did he or she start? Who is this Eu person?

Is the paradigm of the peace prize shifting? Is it following a more Reagan-esque "peace through superior firepower" standard?
German Chancellor Angela Merkel read a short statement praising the committee's decision to a news conference in Berlin.

"The Nobel Prize Committee, with this, acknowledges the idea of the European conciliation. After centuries of horrible bloodshed, atrocious wars, murder and ravages, the cornerstone was laid with the Treaty of Rome, so that a 'peace union of Europe' could arise."

European Union takes the Nobel Peace Prize - CNN.com

Certainly sounds like a better reason then Obama getting one though I doubt many take the prize all that seriously after decades of....questionable choices (Arafat, Gore, Le Duc Tho).

Old 10-12-2012, 07:19 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
How dare they eliminate war? How are the militarists, warmongers and suppliers going to make any blood money like they do in the USA? Btw - USA is short for United States of America for the puzzle freaks like the OP.

Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 AM

Quote:
German Chancellor Angela Merkel read a short statement praising the committee's decision to a news conference in Berlin.

"The Nobel Prize Committee, with this, acknowledges the idea of the European conciliation. After centuries of horrible bloodshed, atrocious wars, murder and ravages, the cornerstone was laid with the Treaty of Rome, so that a 'peace union of Europe' could arise."

European Union takes the Nobel Peace Prize - CNN.com

Certainly sounds like a better reason then Obama getting one though I doubt many take the prize all that seriously after decades of....questionable choices (Arafat, Gore, Le Duc Tho).
That's odd. I thought peace prizes were awarded to individuals rather than a consortium?

Also, considering this prize is awarded by a panel from the EU, seems rather self-serving no?

Old 10-12-2012, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
How dare they eliminate war? How are the militarists, warmongers and suppliers going to make any blood money like they do in the USA? Btw - USA is short for United States of America for the puzzle freaks like the OP.
The EU seemed very interested in preserving oil from Libya and using military might to achieve such a goal. They also seem pretty adept at cracking skulls in Greece. Peace prize?

Ron Paul is still just a loon I suppose and his talks on non-intervention in the ME is just draconian and stupid. The EU and Obama know better and that's why they got the peace prize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies