Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2012, 09:51 PM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times

Advertisements

Health care of all description should be abolished - including medicaid etc..

Why should anyone get anything for free?

It's their fault.

They should be left to die on the streets just so that I can have MORE.

because I am the centre of the Universe.

Now, I'm off to the polling station to vote for the fascist party!

(note: sarcasm)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 01:15 AM

3,727 posts, read 7,034,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
In NYC there is health insurance program for very low income people, but many middle class people who don't work full time in NYC don't have health insurance.
It's still too expensive. I can't afford it but I make 'too much' for Medicaid. So, I'm screwed.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:35 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
yes I know a guy who makes six figures and turned down coverage for himself and family because of the cost. i also know a few part time and self employed people who do not have insurance. i also have a relative who has no insurance and just had a triple bypass, he laughed at the hospital when they asked how he would pay and told them I wont.
I make "six figures" and the worst health insurance I can get for my family is prohibitively expensive. My wife will lose her insurance in a few months so I'm looking for a basic individual plan for them right now. New Jersey offers low cost plans but I don't qualify for them because I don't have enough children.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,858 times
another good reason for a State sponsored Health Plan.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:51 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Privatetize everything so greedy republicans can lace their pockets. Thats what the end game is
That's what Romney/Ryan would do exactly. The vouchers are a joke. They would come close to paying for your coverage until the end of their term. By the next election they won't even pay half.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:54 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
So why aren't you paying for their insurance? You seem to think that I and everyone else with a job in the country should pay, so why don't you start by writing them a check. It sounds like your sister is willing to do what she can for others, why don't you follow her example and take care of your family.

Just because they are bad with money doesn't entitle them to mine.
They would die before they let someone pay for anything for them. All I'm saying is IMO it's the right of every American citizen to receive medical treatment if they need it with a cost based on their income.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:56 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Insurance of all kinds are just scams. I wish the governmment would take over car insurance as well. What a f&**($ rip off that is
I pay 1400 dollars per month and that's with the best insurance company in the state. No one in my household has ever even gotten a speeding ticket and I have high deductibles for everything.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:58 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I recently found out that my sister and her husband have no health insurance. I couldn't believe it to be honest.

Her husband was a mechanic for Northwest Airlines until he got laid off with all the restructuring. He is working for a contractor now inspecting planes for far less money and no benefits.

My sister has not been able to get a good enough job that provides insurance for the family.

So they get by without insurance and my sister just says "we can't afford it so our health is in God's hands"

These are good people, their only fault is they aren't good with money at all. They could be broke but if you needed food they would give you what they have. They are just good hearted folks without a desire for money or success. But they are hard workers. When my sister isn't working at one of her crappy part time jobs she is working at a homeless shelter in St Paul.

I know my republican friends on this forum are against help for these kinds of people and to be honest, my sister and husband are not asking for anyone's help. My brother in law is a republican, always has been even through all his troubles. He still says his health is not anyone else's problem. He cannot afford $1000 per month for a policy and he says he does not expect anyone else to pay it so I guess he's willing to die if he gets sick.

I just think this entire situation is sad. I think if you believe this country should not be providing a basic health policy for every citizen you just aren't seeing the big picture.

Thanks for reading.
My spouse pays $160.00 for UHC healthcare insurance per month, and it's like having a fifty cent coupon when she has physician appointments. UHC sucks, as I'm sure many others do.
I do not have HC insurance myself, I pay for my HC out of my own pocket. I also have a end of life preference of not wanting to be kept alive by life support, when I get terminally ill, just give me morphine to ease the pain and let me go my own way.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:11 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
I make OK money, I am single, no kids and I have no health insurance. Why? Because I am not stupid. The plan that is offered through our company is a scam! Any person with half a brain can see that. So, I have decided to go without it until January, when I will be able to qualify for a plan through our university. A little less of a scam but still ridiculous.

The more time I spend in Europe, the more I realize that our health care system is really comparable to a Third World country standard-no civilized country in the world will have this amount of uninsured people-Appaling!

Last edited by Repubocrat; 10-13-2012 at 07:19 AM..

Old 10-13-2012, 07:16 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
another good reason for a State sponsored Health Plan.
Another reason for a higher minimum wage standard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies