Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 07:20 PM
RNF RNF started this thread

141 posts, read 232,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Since your education was obviously sub-standard, here's a link you'll be interested in...
es·ti·mate/ˈestəˌmāt/

Roughly calculate or judge the value, number, quantity, or extent of.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cps+...&bpcl=35277026

Breaking...

Mircea
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 07:49 PM

27,154 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RNF View Post
A good/alright start in as better than what he was doing before. You can't snap your fingers and make the deficit magically disappear.

Maybe avoiding it in the first place would have been a much better idea.

Old 10-13-2012, 10:46 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
EXACTLY RIGHT!

50% cut? He doubled it first, so to say $200B is a good start, a good start from what point?

I was for cutting the deficit after I was for doubling it?

Obama's fiscal prowess should be considered the eighth wonder of the world. Nobody will ever manage to do the political and social damage this cat has in just four short years.

sheez
He didn't double it. Bush left office with a deficit exceeding 1 trillion dollars.

Economic confidence is picking up, and last month the deficit came in WAY under expected. I don't have the article to back that up, but it's out there. I think that fiscal year 2013's deficit will probably drop another 2-300 billion. Again, a step in the right direction.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:34 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
a cut of $200 billion in the deficit, not a bad start, but NOT the 50% cut that obama promised in 2008. so nice try, but no cigar.

oh come on

You cant hold him to that, afterall, that was a campaign promise.
he didnt really mean that, he only said that to get elected.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
He didn't double it. Bush left office with a deficit exceeding 1 trillion dollars.

Economic confidence is picking up, and last month the deficit came in WAY under expected. I don't have the article to back that up, but it's out there. I think that fiscal year 2013's deficit will probably drop another 2-300 billion. Again, a step in the right direction.
nice try, but again you fail. remember that obama ADDED $862 billion to the deficit with his stimulus package, and added ANOTHER $400 billion with the omnibus bill. those two spending bills alone are nearly $1.3 trillion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
oh come on

You cant hold him to that, afterall, that was a campaign promise.
he didnt really mean that, he only said that to get elected.
he was rather emphatic with his promise, especially since he said i WILL cut the deficit in half by the end of my first term, rather than saying i will try to cut it in half.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:32 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,173,997 times
Quote:
If we go here...

http://www.fms.treas.gov/mts/mts0909.pdf

...we can see a month-by-month accounting.

From October 2008 through January 2009....

Bush was responsible for $395 Billion in debt
Obama was responsible for $1.021 TRILLION in debt.

When the budget deficit exceeded the projected deficit, Obama should have ordered a spending freeze --- he didn't -- so he voluntary spent $1.021 TRILLION and you cannot blame that on Bush.

Quote:
Consumers and people are fickle, so "consumer confidence" is irrelevant.

First you'll have to wait until the revisions are in, since those are just estimates and the CBO is notoriously wrong and then you're going to have to deal with the end of the FICA payroll tax cuts, plus other tax issues.

Debunking...

Mircea
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies