Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2012, 02:55 PM

717 posts, read 648,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The death of those people is directly on the hands of Hilllary and Obama. They made the decision to fund the AQ backed rebels and this is what we get for trusting those bastards. Now they are laughing their way to Syria to do the same exact thing. All the obamites are left with is defending his pathetic actions which is all they've been doing for four years. Enough is enough.
Actually it would seem that the deaths are at the hands of the Republicans who cut the budget for embassies several years running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 02:57 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,783,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Your argument is a logical fallacy. You can't prove a negative. Impossible to show that nothing was convered up. The burden is on the person making the allegations. You must prove the positive...something was covered up. It is irresponsible to make sure baseless allegations without one thread of proof. Not to mention the allegation goes against all common sense.

If the person was not the President of the United States, you could not make up allegations without facts. You would be sued in court for slander, libel and defamation of character , as is it should be. There has been not one shred of proof that the President 1) knew of the request and 2) went against the recommendations of his advisors to deny such requests.
Thank you Judge Joe Brown. Please continue to confer with Judge Judy.

What do you think the Congressional hearings are doing - to determine if there is any proof to support the claim there was a cover up. One cannot say definitively that there is a cover up or not, seeing as how there are proceedings taking place to make the determination.

Since there is an ongoing hearing (trial?) one cannot state as fact there was a cover up or not. That will be determined at the end of the hearings. That's why I said I would get back to you after the hearings. For such a legal expert you should have figured that out.

When there is a trial the accused is not required to testify, but witnesses can be called. Possibly because the hearing is a form of trial and the accused will have to testify. Based on the evidence provided and statements of witnesses, the jury will deliberate and then reach a decision. The jury does not go into court with a verdict of innocent or guilty in mind. They will reach a verdict based on the outcome of the trial. This is exactly what is going on at the hearings. So at this point the no one knows if there was a cover up or not. Not you, not me or Judge Judy.

At this point, and from what we know, one can form an opinion. In reality, it doesn't mean much, because the final outcome of the hearings will determine if there was one or not.

If you and Judge Judy think there is not enough evidence to prove a cover up, that's your right. Those who THINK that there is a cover-up based on what has come out, that's their right. There are differences in public opinion.

Old 10-13-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
Actually it would seem that the deaths are at the hands of the Republicans who cut the budget for embassies several years running.
Do some reading or research. Over the past few days it has been pointed out numerous times that the Democrats voted 149 to the Republican vote of 147. And the friggin money had absolutely nothing to do with it.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:02 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwimac View Post
If that is all you have then stay out of this. That entire talking point argument has been proven wrong I don't know how many times. Or remain blind. Your choice.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:05 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh... I see!! It's about the election!! Sweep it all under the rug because there's an election!! Okay I get it now.

Oh yeah sure those were tragic deaths..... but don't forget there is an election so those lives should be forgotten and dismissed. Don't want either Hillary or Obama made to look bad.....oh no... can't have that.
There's nothing to sweep under the rug.

However, there is a lot of hope for political advantage by blowing this incident up into something horrible which "Obama did." It is the Republican side that is sensationalizing these deaths and this incident.

Nobody is forgetting the people who died. However, as I said, seems that Republicans are trying their best to use the deaths of these people for political purposes.

Also, it seems to me that the direction this country takes in the next four years is enormously important, perhaps even more important than four deaths. People are killed every day. I haven't seen you and your friends going nuts over those things.

It's shameful that you all are using the deaths of these people as a foundation for your purely political attacks.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh... I see!! It's about the election!! Sweep it all under the rug because there's an election!! Okay I get it now.

Oh yeah sure those were tragic deaths..... but don't forget there is an election so those lives should be forgotten and dismissed. Don't want either Hillary or Obama made to look bad.....oh no... can't have that.
Those bumps in the road are just obstacles in the way of his path to re-election.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:12 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yeah I'm sure there were only 25 AQ guys. Probably only 25 AQ guys who just took that missile base in Syria too.

Your excuses are getting ridiculous. Why are we aligned with ANY AQ guys who have been fighting our own troops to begin with? Any excuses you can come up for that? I'm sure you will.
Well, that was the quote from the article, "about 25".....why was I supposed to think there were more? That's what the guy said.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
No, you all are trying to make it into an issue about Obama for political purposes. What makes you think that working in an embassy in a very volatile country is a "safe" job?

The deaths of those people is enormously tragic and sad. You all are just trying to use those deaths to attack Obama just prior to an election. I understand that perfectly. I get that. And I think you should be ashamed.
You don't get it .. Four Americans were killed and asked for more security.. begging for security and got none!!! The ambassador wrote in his diary . I am afraid I going to be killed . This is a total disgrace!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 03:22 PM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
What??? LOL The intel info is "abbreviated" does not "fit the screen" of his iPad? WHERE did you get that information?

You do realize that the president ALSO has a laptop computer, which certainly has enough memory and is capable of downloading the ENTIRE intel brief, don't you?

Do you not understand how "tech savvy" Obama and the people on his staff and in his administration are?? This is the new generation. Communication is really amazing. Life on the go these days.
I thought you might have something there until I saw all of those emoticons. Now I'm not optimistic about your ability to reason correctly at all. Sorry.

Old 10-13-2012, 03:26 PM

861 posts, read 1,249,900 times
Watch for Hillary's resignation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies