Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 02:29 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Everything said may be right...
However, what about the decline of the white family since WW2?
Do you think Malcolm convinced (in secrecy) white folks to abandon their family as well?
That is a load of BS. The Black Muslims may have their faults, but they strongly support the family. I don't think the civil rights movement would have had as much success without the threat of achieving King's goals by any means necessary.

The Great Society Programs are the number one reason for the decline of the family including, to a higher degree, black families.

The vision of the annointed usually fails to see the possible unintended negative consequences of their "enlightened" ideas put into public policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 04:07 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,057,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville1 View Post
Racism and LBJ's Great Society program are two good reasons. Black on black crime and lack of fathers in the household are also factors.
Another contributing factor was feminism.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,098,094 times
Both Whites and Blacks were better off during segregation, but I have a feeling the Great Society affected both parties worse than integration.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Giving blacks free handouts for generations, lowering societies standards instead of demanding more, accepting every excuse that the black community hands out on why they can't get ahead in "the cracker world".....

Giving them more and more taxpayer money for how many children they have....
You are like a mad soldier on a tropical atoll who didn't get the memo that the war is over. The prisoners of war that you have "captured" are tourists. Release them, immediately. You do realize everyone is laughing at your predictable tirade of obsolete talking points. I grew up in an East Coast ghetto and I didn't see that much of what you are talking about. Now I live in the sketchy part of a West Coast town and I don't see any of what you are talking about. When there are NO blacks to give a neighborhood a run down look or to make it extremely unwise to stroll around in after dark, when there are none or extremely few black people in a particular town to give welfare or section 8 to, white people are VERY ready and able to stand in for them. In fact, being that there are still so many more poor white people than all the black people of every walk of life, combined. Well... it just makes your post all the more pathetic. And untrue.

H

Old 10-13-2012, 11:52 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

I also think that the Civil Rights policies took a wrong turn after their initial implementation by the Conservative Christian movement in the Republican party. After their implementation, they were then adopted and corrupted by the liberal Democrats from that point until the present day.

What do you think is the cause?
Not surprised you are against the Civil Rights movement. You wish things could go back to the 40's, 1840's,

Old 10-13-2012, 11:55 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Another contributing factor was feminism.
Wrong. Feminism is and has always been a White women's movement.

Old 10-13-2012, 11:59 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Both Whites and Blacks were better off during segregation, but I have a feeling the Great Society affected both parties worse than integration.
Whites were doing great during segregation. Great at making life absolute hell for Black people. There was nothing "better" about Jim Crow.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:34 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Wow...I've learned SOOOOOOOOOO much in this thread. It's just dripping with original thought.

Anyway...back to my dinner. Don't know why I even bothered.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:41 AM

162 posts, read 420,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy74 View Post
Wrong. Feminism is and has always been a White women's movement.
Black women are involved in the movement too,
especially recently.

Last edited by Ninetails; 10-14-2012 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: Mispell

Old 10-14-2012, 01:43 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
What were you smoking before you typed that? The only people who were better off under segregation were the white ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies