Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 08:09 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times

Advertisements

This is non news.. the administration says "Its not our fault". Nothing new with that!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 08:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,484,713 times
Obama and Biden; "we were not aware of...."

Hickory Clinton "it wasn't the State Department...."

Rice "it was just a protest because they didn't like todays movie....."

Is there not one person in that stupid building that will take reponsibility for anyfuggingthing?

Is the next step accusing Bush II of setting all this up just to embarrass Hussein?

You're being led by a bunch of pond scum with no morality whatsoever.

Last edited by BruSan; 10-14-2012 at 08:48 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 08:43 PM

37,961 posts, read 22,143,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
So responsibility and decision to make the trip in the then current environment was made by Stevens?
Yeah, it's all the fault of the idiot, fool hardy Stevens guy.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
For some reason, I don't think you can really relate to the inner workings of an organization such as our State Department. What is your experience, low-level military?
So now you are into trying to disparage people's military careers, and playing a sort of military intel class warfare. Typical.

I don't use my prior service accomplishments as a crutch. If common sense is beyond you, unless you have qualifiers, then I can't help you.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I can agree that he may not have been told about requests for increased security. I find it harder to believe he didn't know Benghazi was a premeditated attack while he was still emphasizing the movie as the cause, or that he didn't know about prior acts against our Libyan facilities.
Agreed!

After many of us figured it out, how come the president, with all the intel in the world at his very finger tips, could not figure it out is beyond me. He either is that stupid, or he pretended to us that he was that stupid.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:22 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You mean like yours?
Are you being snarky???

Old 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

I was half listening to the interview and Pukerod was asked a question about the length of time the WH was claiming it was the video and he pulled the 'well Romney said' out of his diaper and Chris shut him down by reminding him that Mitt spoke the day after the attack and stopped the claim while the WH continued the claim for a week. It sounded as if Romney "said" and then the President followed what Romney said. Chris was pretty tough on Pukerod. Seems Repubs don't like be questioned about things they don't want to talk about, but should talk about.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
How about another question. Who are the higher up people, in Admin/State Dept, that were aware of the numerous attacks that have been occurring up to the ultimate attack that killed Americans?

Was Hillary aware?
Was Obama aware?

If so, then why was the embassy kept open or why was security not increased by order of Hillary/Obama?

And if they werent 100 percent sure a video was the cause, then why the hell did they try so hard to make it about a video for so long?

This is a cover up bigger than Water Gate
The fact that western facilities were being attacked should have been an indication that westerners were being targeted. Especially when there was an attempt to assassinate the Britishambassador. How could the WH not know about the attempt on the British ambassador? Wouldn't that send up a red flag to secure your own??

Old 10-14-2012, 11:11 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,406,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Just pointing out your error here as you are so willing to do for others. (See underlined). I hope you don't see it as a personal attack because you do this more than any other poster I've seen. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It could be that other libs aren't as tuned in to The Prophet as you are. They may realize your speculation lacks a solid foundation. In fact, they may realize what a big f*c%ing deal this is. (To quote our esteemed VP). OOPS, that should have been in quotations...but I caught myself before I posted so maybe it won't make it so hard to remain undistracted.
Yep, (I"m) is a very constant typo for me. I make it so many times, unless I'm writing something for work, I don't correct it. Thank you for noticing. I'm not offended at all. I do know the difference between an apostrophe and quotation marks. Guess I don't lift my finger off the caps shift key quickly enough so I get " instead of '......

I'm not tuned into the Prophet. My interests lie in Tibetan Buddhism. I found it interesting that the lib posts I saw today ALL said the same things I have been saying, but you all were far more open to those points coming from other people, and ultimately I think that's a good thing. If you listen to other people and take them more seriously, great. I certainly didn't get the impression that the posts I saw today indicated that libs are now thinking this is a big coverup.

Old 10-14-2012, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Just pointing out your error here as you are so willing to do for others. (See underlined). I hope you don't see it as a personal attack because you do this more than any other poster I've seen. People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

It could be that other libs aren't as tuned in to The Prophet as you are. They may realize your speculation lacks a solid foundation. In fact, they may realize what a big f*c%ing deal this is. (To quote our esteemed VP). OOPS, that should have been in quotations...but I caught myself before I posted so maybe it won't make it so hard to remain undistracted.
Tried to rep you again, but need to spread it around, so this will have to do.

Why do people expect others to accept their scenarios based on assumption, when they can't accept what is already known? Rejecting, discounting, arguing the point to those scenarios are then construed as "personal attacks", yet questioning what others may say based on what information has been released and questioning the intelligence of others is OK.

The Libyan so-called government put restrictions on the US as to the amount of security/military personnel that could be in Libya as well as weapons. By Libya's own admission weapons are in abundance, free flowing and available to their citizens (and obviously to terrorists). If Libya was going to dictate as to the US what they could and could not do where it came to securing themselves, then we should have pulled out. There is no Libyan army - it is made up of ragtag, untrained, unskilled rebels, undisciplined and the US knew this - they were trying to train the rebels with little success. Now the so-called Libyan government wants the US to come in with military and weapons to find the terrorists, as if Libya didn't know there were any to begin with.

Britain certainly saw that there was something going on and withdrew from Libya in JUNE:
Quote:
Britain's decision to remove diplomats from the eastern Libyan city was repeatedly raised during the hearing, as Republicans demanded to know why the US had stayed even when its close ally had decided the situation was no longer safe.

Lt Col Wood said that the withdrawal of British diplomats and Red Cross workers should have been a warning to US diplomats. "I almost expected the attack to come. We were the last flag flying, it was a matter of time," he said.

Sir Dominic Dominic Asquith, Britain's envoy to Libya, survived a rocket attack on his on his convoy as it drove through Benghazi on June 11 but two of his bodyguards were injured. The ambush prompted the Foreign Office to close its office and remove British staff.
Libya: British guns unaccounted for after Benghazi consulate attack - Telegraph
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies