Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
My friend, in 2004, I developed a medical condition and could not work any longer.

We lost my business, our vehicles, our home, bill collectors hounded me, and my spouse and I ended up in campgrounds, sleeping, dining, washing, everything a person would do in a home, without the 2,000 square feet.

We didn't go to mommy and daddy's house, we didn't ask for help until virtual destitution.

Maybe the woman's neice needs to be homeless, I mean, really homeless before she goes crawling back to parents for help.

I know this sounds cold and heartless, but if 2 people can be homeless and live out of a klunker conversion van, I don't see why any other person can't do it.

Fortunately, I had just enough insurance coverage to get by on for a year.
Maybe the niece should have been saving something for that rainy day?
I hear you...my kids and I were in a very similar situation about 10 years ago. It doesn't sound heartless at all, it sounds like a much-needed dose of reality for the OP's niece.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:27 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,906,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.
She's taking initiative and attempting to make some money on her own and you're smearing her for it. You don't sound like a very nice person.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:34 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
I am not so sure of that. People will not try until they are forced to try. I feel it is becoming the majority now.
Bull.
I don't know what kind of people you know, but that's not how the people I know behave.
But then again, you are republican and they get the most benefits from the government (see Southern US).

Old 10-13-2012, 04:40 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
She's taking initiative and attempting to make some money on her own and you're smearing her for it. You don't sound like a very nice person.
Support is a wonderful thing!
I my travels going from campground to campground, I met a man named "Bill, the water guy", this guy knew everything there was to know about drinking water and different purification methods.

We hung out a bit together at a campground, he was not really a homeless guy, but needed some help on some things. I obliged my assistance to his cause, and I never asked for, or received any compensation, but it felt good to help someone who needed it. Bill was a self made man, and was independent, and landed some water purification contracts and became totally independent.

Sometimes people need just a little nudge, and sometimes people need and nudge, and some help. When people start suckling from relatives or family, it's time to tell them to go make their own way.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:43 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And HER life needs your approval why???
Because she (the OP) and ME are paying for it.

Damn, duh!

Leech. Sucking the government teat.

Old 10-13-2012, 04:46 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post

Damn, duh!

She's drawing unemployment, not Welfare. How do you figure you're paying for it?

Old 10-13-2012, 04:48 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
I visited with her last week. She is against Romney since he would cut her unemployment insurance. She has gotten use to her life since she can't find a job. What does she do? She and her boyfriend go around to garage sales and auctions and pick things to resale to make money. What a life, roll eyes.

She had a good job before Obama was elected. She worked for a title company and made good money. Now she won't take a job if it doesn't pay as much as her unemployment gets her. So she lives in the house her parents own and pays no rent. They kept it for extra income when they bought another house but she and her boyfriend live there rent free. He is a moocher big time and is along for the free ride.

Are all the 30 and under generation becoming like this? All pickers and giving up to work for a better life? I think our country is in big trouble folks.
I bet she enjoys her life(you know that thing we are here for)allot more now.

Old 10-13-2012, 05:03 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,240,412 times
Quote:

Damn, duh!

How does UE Compensation suck from you?
Everyone who is legally employed, and contributes to the state tax base and federal taxes, who then becomes unemployed is allowed UE compensation benefits.

If you are employed, and you end up losing your job, will you draw UE Comp?

If you're self employed, are you paying into self employment taxes?

Do you have enough $$$$ saved in the event you lose your job or business for at least one year?

Old 10-13-2012, 05:12 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,594,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
You've taken one couple and projected it onto an entire generation? LOL.

The problem is with your niece. Perhaps you should find out why her parents raised her to give up so easily and also why she has this attitude. It is NOT typical.

Haha, you funny one!

There are tons of people on the 99 week gravy train....most of them would turn down work as long as it does not pay at least 2 times their gravy income.

Thank you Mr Hussein!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 05:15 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:

Damn, duh!

That's "she and I ".

I know how ya feel...I hate that MY money goes into education for OTHER PEOPLE'S kids and the kids don't learn correct English...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies