Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 07:07 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,455,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The Pines you got that right about the hidden agenda. "If people are united the hidden agenda is going to sweep right through this nation."
It is a unbelievable insult to the service men/women of this country.
Who gives a rats a*s about her not liking the war, they in fact protect her freedom to act like an idiot she should be thankful people are willing to fight for this country!
If it is suppose to be a "hidden" agenda, they aren't doing a very good job at hiding it. This is blatant anti-Americanism, and the Marines are merely an excuse for their abject hatred.

Some choose not to blame the citizens of San Francisco, but who is ultimately responsible for putting this anti-American leadership in power if not the citizens of San Francisco? This is more than an insult to the service men and women who selflessly serve this country, it is an insult to the country itself that will eventually backfire on all the citizens of San Francisco, and deservedly so.

Last edited by Glitch; 10-09-2007 at 08:39 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2007, 08:35 AM

989 posts, read 2,762,327 times
Default They already do

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
It's too bad the marines cannot deny them defense if they are ever attacked. I am sure if the marines would have come dressed in leather with their *ss hanging out they would have been welcomed with open arms.
It is both sad and ironic that you made your statement in the middle of San Francisco's "Fleet Week", a tradition that started in 1981 (when I believe SF had a "gay" reputation and Reagan was in office). It is a huge event that celebrates the military.

Hmm, I guess welcoming the troops into your city for a week long celebration is not enough (besides, how many other cities do that to support the military?)

San Francisco Fleet Week 2007 (http://fleetweek.us/fleetweek - broken link)

BTW, nice support of American ideas to wish that they not be defended if attacked. I'll bet if someone made a similar statement against you personally, you'd get a little neg rep happy and report them. I joined the Marines to defend all Americans, not just the ones who agreed with me. What did you ever do besides moving to "an illegal immigrant free part of the country"?

Just pathetic.

Old 10-09-2007, 09:45 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
When they confine it only to their sex lives, then fine. But when they parade around the streets the way they do, when they demand the government and the people to make changes for their behaviors, then it goes way beyond that.

Give me a break. Let them parade on the streets if they want to. I don't see you complaining about Mardi gras and "show me your t*ts for beads! Or how about Spring break in-the-streets debauchery? Face it. You don't like the parades because you find it icky. That's a personal issue.

And what sort of "behaviors" have gay people demanded that you make in your life?

Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,654,717 times
Don't they want insurance benefits? Don't they want their lifestyle to be taught in schools? Don't they want recognoized marriages? Don't they want societal blessing as this being acceptable behavior?

What happend to leave it in the bedroom or what goes on behind closed doors? You can't have it both ways.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM

520 posts, read 1,853,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Don't they want insurance benefits? Don't they want their lifestyle to be taught in schools? Don't they want recognoized marriages? Don't they want societal blessing as this being acceptable behavior?

What happend to leave it in the bedroom or what goes on behind closed doors? You can't have it both ways.
They aren't having gay sex on the streets. Its in their bedroom. They just want the same benefits that a hetero couple gets. I don't see whats the big deal. If you want to hate homosexuals you are free to teach that to your kids at home. In public schools you need to teach diversity and acceptance.

Old 10-09-2007, 12:21 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
I agree- how do equal rights hurt anyone? I have to honest here- I know several long-term, committed gay couples. Although they have been together for many years, (all over 10 years, one 22), they cannot be legally married. They cannot enjoy the basic protections that a legal marriage affords. I know a woman whose partner had a heart attack and was in CICU. She had to tell the nurses she was her sister to be allowed in to visit. Ridiculous! That's nothing compared to the complexities of parenting, inheritance laws and next-of-kin decisions.

You talk about not having it both ways. Well, what about telling someone they can only have equal rights if married, but then not allow them to do that. What are they supposed to do?

Are we sufficiently off-topic yet? LOL!

Old 10-09-2007, 01:03 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
How did this thread become one on gay rights? I didn't see anything about that in the news story.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:56 PM

989 posts, read 2,762,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
How did this thread become one on gay rights? I didn't see anything about that in the news story.
I think if you do a little research you might find that many threads that Citigirl participates in end up taking an anti-gay skew.

In reference to the assertions made by some that SF is anti-military because of cancelling the commercial, I disagree completely. I have visited friends, attended parties, and social settings extensively in SF. EVERYONE that I told I was in the Marines was very thankful and appreciative of my service. Straight, gay, male or female... it made no difference.

Folks in SF are smart enough to separate a policy from members of the military.

Last edited by Evlevo; 10-09-2007 at 02:08 PM..

Old 10-09-2007, 02:20 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,632,440 times
Hopefully when SanFran falls into the Pacific Ocean one day, the Marines and military will deny them service and focus on the surrounding areas instead.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:44 PM

3,964 posts, read 10,634,713 times
You really know how to elevate a discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies