Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times

Advertisements

Ironically they DO have the same rights as all other Americans, they are just looking for special rights.

And I find it also ironic that they can have contempt for the military, spit on them and ban them from filming, yet when it happens to them, they are the persecuted lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2007, 05:56 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Ironically they DO have the same rights as all other Americans, they are just looking for special rights.

And I find it also ironic that they can have contempt for the military, spit on them and ban them from filming, yet when it happens to them, they are the persecuted lot.
You know it my friend. But liberals are like that.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:57 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,632,725 times
Quote:

They, they, they? Gays didn't ban the commercial! Let's start this thread over. One mention of San Francisco and this whole train derailed.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:59 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Oh? Please enlighten me on the following:

1) The "special" rights that gays want that they don't want straight people to have, and

2) Where "the same rights" exist for straights and gays in terms of marriage rights, adoption rights, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9
Oh, and while you're at it, why don't you go through the article provided by the OP and find where "the gays" are the ones responsible for banning the military from filming their commercial. Whether "hardly travelled" conservatives like to admit it or not, San Francisco is not anywhere NEAR a "gay majority" city. It's like 11-15%, if that. So.... nice try.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:47 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,469,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
They, they, they? Gays didn't ban the commercial! Let's start this thread over. One mention of San Francisco and this whole train derailed.
Really? I was watching the news last night and and the comment from some gays in SF is that they banned the commercial because they were supporting gay rights.

Old 10-10-2007, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Oh, and while you're at it, why don't you go through the article provided by the OP and find where "the gays" are the ones responsible for banning the military from filming their commercial. Whether "hardly travelled" conservatives like to admit it or not, San Francisco is not anywhere NEAR a "gay majority" city. It's like 11-15%, if that. So.... nice try.

San Francisco may be world's gayest city
McFarland has compiled the city's first survey in five years on gay men and HIV to be presented at a meeting this week to discuss HIV/AIDS prevention.

He said it found an estimated 63,577 gay males aged 15 and above in San Francisco, a city with a total population of 764,000. That figure represents nearly one in five of the city's males above the age of 15.

That looks like more then 10% to me.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:08 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Bashing SF, bashing gays, ain't a good thread.

How about finding a way to discuss the subject with more respect?

Old 10-10-2007, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
Bashing SF, bashing gays, ain't a good thread.

How about finding a way to discuss the subject with more respect?

Yes we should get back to how SF bashes the military

Old 10-10-2007, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
San Francisco may be world's gayest city
McFarland has compiled the city's first survey in five years on gay men and HIV to be presented at a meeting this week to discuss HIV/AIDS prevention.

He said it found an estimated 63,577 gay males aged 15 and above in San Francisco, a city with a total population of 764,000. That figure represents nearly one in five of the city's males above the age of 15.

That looks like more then 10% to me.
I'm not understanding how 63577 is "nearly 1 in 5"... it's not even "1 in 10."

Basic math: 63577 x 10 is less than 764000, so San Francisco is LESS than 10% gay male. If we assume a slightly less but similar amount of lesbians, you're still not even close to a majority.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Yes we should get back to how SF bashes the military
Let's remember who brought it done the same tired "any excuse to bash a gay" road in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies