Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 09:57 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I was broken into during college.
Ouch
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2012, 10:10 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Was talking with a laborer at work the other day while in a truck and he was shocked that I have never been robbed. He is only 21 and has been robbed twice.
Worst thing ( and only ) that ever happened to me is like a fool I left a canoe down at the river unlocked and it walked away.

yes I have been a victim of crime. I am a victim of a gangrape, a victim of armed robbery, and a victim of theft by forcible goverment (taxation).

Old 10-13-2012, 10:17 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
yes I have been a victim of crime. I am a victim of a gangrape, a victim of armed robbery, and a victim of theft by forcible goverment (taxation).
I would imagine that anyone who was an actual victim of those crimes would take offense with you comparing what they've gone through with their actual suffering.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:34 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
I was riding the San Diego trolley and was assaulted by a Mexican. He just hauled off and hit me and tried to steal my watch. A few fellow riders helped me up and we held him off till we got to the next station. The security guards tried to get him but he got away. It was a Saturday morning and a frighting event in my life.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:39 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,278,267 times
Every day. My earned money is taken from me and wasted by government for concerns beyond defense, the elderly or disabled.

I don't want to fund massive numbers of public employees.
I don't want endless dole money for people who made bad choices in life.
I don't like our SS money stolen to pay for the above and to bribe the above to put ONE party in office.

Old 10-14-2012, 10:48 AM

1,976 posts, read 2,351,951 times
Yes, an election was stolen by this guy named George Bush in 2000; then he robbed the Treasury of trillions of dollars on a corporate takeover of Iraq for his rich pals. These thefts are still costing me money.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:02 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times
Twice, once as a kid, I had a toy stolen from me when I put it down and turned away for only a minute and another as teen when someone broke into my school locker and emptied it. Never as an adult.

And to those who constantly whine about being taxed, if you don't like it then move to a country where you won't be taxed.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:06 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Its been my experience that liberals after they become victims of crime have a tendency to become more conservative. That is the liberals who live in suburban all white communities.
You've never been liberal so you have no experience.
Anecdote =/= data.

I'm as liberal as the day is long and I've been the victim of crime.
Doesn't stop me from being liberal.
Most of my friends, either.

I hope you never have to experience rape for yourself; if you did you'd be more exacting with your words.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
I would imagine that anyone who was an actual victim of those crimes would take offense with you comparing what they've gone through with their actual suffering.
You don't have a right not to be offended.

It is sad the amount of legalized theft that is authorized by the federal government.

Old 10-14-2012, 12:11 PM

16,910 posts, read 10,582,210 times
I've lived in some high-crime areas but never been a victim. There were a few times I was almost a victim but I got myself out the situation. I try to pay attention to everything and I avoid shady people when I'm in vulnerable situations. People might think that I'm being rude, but I'm not going to cross the street and meet you in that alley because you want to "ask me a question" or you want me to cross the street into the alley so I can tell you what time it is. I also always lock my doors and I don't keep anything of value in my car. Of course, you can never avoid all situations, but you can reduce your chances of being a victim of crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies