Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 03:00 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,054,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
If they in fact did.
I have attended team building gigs for the company I work for. Mandatory if you are in a leadership position. They told me I was expected to eat every meal with the group and not leave the facility.
I ate at Wendy's and Taco Bell just about everyday. No punishment followed.
I went to a gig at some campground with cabins. Same deal.
I brought MRE's and a some other snacks. I ate with the group sometimes and when I didnt want to I ate my own food. I would have and could have left whenever I felt like it.
Was this individule held at gun point? Locked in a cell?

From the article:

"Martensen says he was moved to a small cabin on the premises guarded by a sheriff, whom, he was told, would prevent him from fleeing."
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 03:06 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,155,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
From the article:

"Martensen says he was moved to a small cabin on the premises guarded by a sheriff, whom, he was told, would prevent him from fleeing."
The question begs, why the need for law enforcement?
We have heard 1 person's version, the others at the event don't seem to have had a problem. Could it be that this Martensen acted out in such a way that caused concern to others?
I work for a fortune 500 corporation. The one thing they bend over backwards to prevent are lawsuits and bad press. No one gets fired unless a team of legal eagles reviews the situation first. I have seen where someone suspected of being drunk or on drugs was detained then taken to the hospital for testing. We all sign the waiver when hired. The company has the right to test you. It's called incident based testing.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:08 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,858,409 times
I kinda tend to believe the drug angle.

He was questioned by other employees, guarded by a cop, driven to the airport and rode home on the private jet. Lots of people involved in this yet he sues Koch, who didn't seem to have had a herdline part in it.

He admitted there was a letter they were questioning him about suggesting fraud or theft from the company.

Will be very interesting. What ya want to bet it gets no press unless Koch actually is convicted of something. Lefties enjoy planting the seed and letting it die if it doesn't turn out to their liking. Lemmings are left with the idea a crime was committed regardless of the outcome.

Old 10-14-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The question begs, why the need for law enforcement?
Just because you're told the person in a uniform guarding you from leaving the cabin you're being ushered to is a sheriff doesn't mean he's in fact a sheriff. (Not that it really matters - a sheriff has no authority to hold you against your will unless you're placed under arrest)

Quote:
We have heard 1 person's version, the others at the event don't seem to have had a problem. Could it be that this Martensen acted out in such a way that caused concern to others?
I work for a fortune 500 corporation. The one thing they bend over backwards to prevent are lawsuits and bad press. No one gets fired unless a team of legal eagles reviews the situation first.
Sure - Martensen could be making this up 100%.

Quote:
I have seen where someone suspected of being drunk or on drugs was detained then taken to the hospital for testing. We all sign the waiver when hired. The company has the right to test you. It's called incident based testing.
They don't have a right to test you - they have the right to ask you to submit to testing.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:08 PM

58,571 posts, read 26,889,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is the type of thuggery that can be expect from radical right wing puppet masters like the Koch's. They have done everything from telling their employees whom to vote for, and now luring a former employee to a secluded ranch and holding them against their will for interrogation.

William Koch, the billionaire energy tycoon and prominent Republican donor, allegedly kidnapped and interrogated at a remote Aspen ranch a former top-level executive whom he suspected of subversion.
According to Courthouse News Service, Kirby Martensen, a former executive of several Koch subsidiaries, has filed suit in federal court seeking punitive damages for the alleged incident. The Huffington Post on Saturday confirmed the story with Martensen’s lawyer.

In the suit, Martensen charges that in March, Koch lured him and other employees to a secluded Aspen ranch—one with no cell phone reception or connection to the outside world—under “false pretenses.” Though Martensen thought he had been called to Aspen to discuss business, he was instead interrogated, searched and held against his will for over twenty-four hours before finally being freed.

Billionaire Koch brother accused of imprisoning, interrogating former employee | The Raw Story

"Accused"? The left accuse them of things all the time that aren't true
I'll be expecting as big an apology as you have done in 'revealing this to us when the charges are dropped.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:12 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,769,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Accused"? The left accuse them of things all the time that aren't true
Like what?

If you can't provide proof, with links, I'll be expecting as big an apology as you have ever done.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:55 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,383,690 times
Where was the guy going to go? He was driven there. It was a remote area. They flew him back on a private jet. Something doesn't add up.

Old 10-14-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Where was the guy going to go? He was driven there. It was a remote area. They flew him back on a private jet. Something doesn't add up.
Irrelevant. If (and it's a big if) his story is true, being confined to a cabin against your will -- with a guard there to make sure of your imprisonment -- is false imprisonment.

Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,255,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
From the article:

So the local city government is in on this? They can sue the state and city, great? :-)

Old 10-14-2012, 05:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,255,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
He admitted there was a letter they were questioning him about suggesting fraud or theft from the company.
Oh, so he was a corporate spy/crook who got caught, was isolated, fired and then removed home by private jet. So what is wrong with that?

Now this makes more sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies