Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2012, 06:03 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,499,574 times

Advertisements

Did I mention Swedish Chicks are Hot. The White blond ones of course.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 06:10 PM

31,285 posts, read 20,620,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Liberals always talk about how great Sweden is, and how America should be more like Sweden. Do you believe Sweden is the greatest nation on earth?
No. It's cold, virtually uninhabitable.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:14 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,706,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
1. Glad to help improve your understanding of human affairs by helping you understand how countries are judged. BTW, I never mentioned conquering other nations - that is YOUR Strawman, not mine.
Judged by who? Just because you define a country's worth that way doesn't mean everyone else does. The OP never asked what historically great contributions Sweden has given to the world. Of course, they gave us ABBA, which was a great contribution to mankind!

Quote:
2. Yes, Greece and the Roman Empire WERE great nations in their time - proof that my statement is correct.
Greece and Rome were also extremely oppressive, corrupt, and militaristic (more so Rome). I don't consider military dominance and conquering the world to be a virtuous trait. You must be Republican.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM

13,290 posts, read 15,226,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I grew up in the middle east and I was attacked by one when I was only 9 years old. One of the men threw a board at me with nails, it hit my back. I tried to hide it from my mother but she found it when she gave me a bath. I had no idea how bad it was but was told it was nothing but puncture wounds on my back.

Also one muslim thought it would be hilarious to slaughter a lamb in front of me. I can on for pages abut them. Just a sick sick sick violent bunch of people.
I also spent time in the middle east when I was a child.

Nothing like this ever happened to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Did I mention Swedish Chicks are Hot. The White blond ones of course.
I always found the darker haired Swedish girls more attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No. It's cold, virtually uninhabitable.
10 million people live there. It's quite habitable.

Stockholm is supposed to be in the upper 40's/low 50's all this week.

Old 10-14-2012, 06:22 PM

1,512 posts, read 1,814,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Education would be the only way to achieve that.
Sure, but how do you get real education out of the American system, which suffers from widespread ideological corruption?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming Ming View Post
I grew up in the middle east and I was attacked by one when I was only 9 years old. One of the men threw a board at me with nails, it hit my back. I tried to hide it from my mother but she found it when she gave me a bath. I had no idea how bad it was but was told it was nothing but puncture wounds on my back.

Also one muslim thought it would be hilarious to slaughter a lamb in front of me. I can on for pages abut them. Just a sick sick sick violent bunch of people.
How did you come to conclude that there's a correlation between their behavior and their religion?

Old 10-14-2012, 06:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,787,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
There are lies, damn lies and statitics. There are also statistics that can actually shed light on solutions to problems if carefully analyzed.

A bit on involuntary minorities:

What if we actually made an effort in this country to turn involuntary minorities into voluntary minorities?
If you want to go to a forum where people seriously analyze statistics you need to go to the sports forum, here people just find some statistic that, on the surface, supports their political ideology and throw it out there.

Last edited by whogo; 10-14-2012 at 07:06 PM..

Old 10-14-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
If you want to go to a forum where people seriously analyze statistics you need to go to the sports forum, here people just find some statistic that, on the surface, supports their political ideology and throw it out there.
Why is it people care more about the success of their favorite sports team than the success of our nation? Why is it most people could care less about a serious analysis of our nations problems?

Old 10-14-2012, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Why is it people care more about the success of their favorite sports team than the success of our nation? Why is it most people could care less about a serious analysis of our nations problems?
Because most people are dumbasses.

Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM

72,797 posts, read 62,092,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Can you name a single country on earth with a majority non-white population who ranks as the best places on Earth?

Why pull the racist card? It's liberals' fault that the 1st world is dominated by whites?
We can start with Japan, Singapore, and South Korea.

No one said liberals caused nations to be dominated by Whites.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,979,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Liberals always talk about how great Sweden is, and how America should be more like Sweden. Do you believe Sweden is the greatest nation on earth?
It had potential, but it is heading south real quick...I think it is too late to turn it around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies