Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:40 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You have to understand property rights and that the cow is that persons property, to do as they wish.
You are placing that cows life, right along side human life, if not higher, on the totem pole....
If cows invented gunpowder the world would be a different place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 11:32 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,910,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Limp-wristed? You are the whiner here,...not me.

You make a statement, withdraw it because you see the stupidity of it,...then expect everyone to simply ignore that it was ever made. Must work in your whiny little world, but not in the glare of reality.

Genius? At least one of us have a cattle operation,....and it isn't you.....
Who is whining??

I stood corrected... I am not sure what your point is? The cattle are being abused... and they supply BK. These can not be refuted.

Lastly, it seems YOU are the one who has some sort of agenda.. and really you might be the one whining because you seen bent on clearing a chain that sells tens of millions of burgers, globally, annually...

AND you have a vested interest in the beef industry...

So, who has the agenda here? Because you conveniently chose to ignore the premise of my post which I laid out word for word.

Old 10-15-2012, 01:51 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Who is whining??

I stood corrected... I am not sure what your point is? The cattle are being abused... and they supply BK. These can not be refuted.

Lastly, it seems YOU are the one who has some sort of agenda.. and really you might be the one whining because you seen bent on clearing a chain that sells tens of millions of burgers, globally, annually...

So, who has the agenda here? Because you conveniently chose to ignore the premise of my post which I laid out word for word.

I abuse my property everyday. That's a crime?

Old 10-15-2012, 02:27 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,213 times
Quote:
Who is whining??

Oh yes,...you laid it out 'word for word':
Personally, I stay away from fast food chains at all costs...and I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident left to farms that supply fast food chains.

But, it's something to think about for all people that pamper puppies and cats and fish or other domestic pets and then go and eat a burger at BK later in the day.

Pretty easy to see the bias against the fast food industry in your "word for word" post. Personally, I could care less about your slanted anti-fast food rhetoric, but your denying having a bias/agenda is laughable.

As for your video link,....it has been pulled. Other sources have supposedly tied the diary's milk production as an ingredient in the cheese that Burger King puts on its burgers. In addition, the culprits have been fired from the dairy, some of the abusers are under indictment, and all have been charged for animal abuse.

No legitimate rancher/dairy producer would knowingly allow the abuse of an animal which is the source of his income. To suggest otherwise is stupid.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Oh yes,...you laid it out 'word for word':
Personally, I stay away from fast food chains at all costs...and I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident left to farms that supply fast food chains.

But, it's something to think about for all people that pamper puppies and cats and fish or other domestic pets and then go and eat a burger at BK later in the day.

Pretty easy to see the bias against the fast food industry in your "word for word" post. Personally, I could care less about your slanted anti-fast food rhetoric, but your denying having a bias/agenda is laughable.
Are you serious? You extracted me having an agenda against fast food from that?

Yes, personally I DO try to stay away from the stuff because it is horrible for you..but that is none of my business if somebody wants to kill themselves gorging on it...

My point was...people are selective when it comes to animal cruelty..they galvanize to a dog getting abused because, usually, they relate because they have a family dog or what have you. But don't think about how unconventional domestic animals like cows or pigs are treated. It's kind of hypocritical. That's all.....nothing more, nothing less...

This isn't a witch hunt on BK...

Yes, it is a bigger problem with a mega corporation....why? Because the demand is too big for sufficient QA.

Quote:
As for your video link,....it has been pulled. Other sources have supposedly tied the diary's milk production as an ingredient in the cheese that Burger King puts on its burgers. In addition, the culprits have been fired from the dairy, some of the abusers are under indictment, and all have been charged for animal abuse.
OK... that's fine.. I am sure that video helped didn't it?

Quote:
No legitimate rancher/dairy producer would knowingly allow the abuse of an animal which is the source of his income. To suggest otherwise is stupid.
Never said they did.. Please point out where I did if that is actually what you are implying.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I abuse my property everyday. That's a crime?
Uh, yea?

You can be arrested for abusing your animals...

I hope this wasn't a serious question.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
i suddenly am now hungry for a whopper.

Old 10-15-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Are you serious? You extracted me having an agenda against fast food from that?

Yes, personally I DO try to stay away from the stuff because it is horrible for you..but that is none of my business if somebody wants to kill themselves gorging on it...

My point was...people are selective when it comes to animal cruelty..they galvanize to a dog getting abused because, usually, they relate because they have a family dog or what have you. But don't think about how unconventional domestic animals like cows or pigs are treated. It's kind of hypocritical. That's all.....nothing more, nothing less...

This isn't a witch hunt on BK...

Yes, it is a bigger problem with a mega corporation....why? Because the demand is too big for sufficient QA.

OK... that's fine.. I am sure that video helped didn't it?

Never said they did.. Please point out where I did if that is actually what you are implying.
Go back and read the bolded part of your own post. Maybe you'll see where you stated that,...I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident left to farms that supply fast food chains.

Enough of this. This was an isolated incident, with the abuse performed by employees who have since been fired/indicted by employer/state. To paint it as anything otherwise is stupid.

Burger King couldn't possibly trace all the minute ingredients in all the various foods it serves to assure that there has been no abuse of any kind. Good grief,...this concerned a cheese product that was made from the milk supplied by the dairy to a cheese manufacturer. Get a grip...

Old 10-15-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Go back and read the bolded part of your own post. Maybe you'll see where you stated that,...I'm sure this isn't an isolated incident left to farms that supply fast food chains.

Enough of this. This was an isolated incident, with the abuse performed by employees who have since been fired/indicted by employer/state. To paint it as anything otherwise is stupid.

Burger King couldn't possibly trace all the minute ingredients in all the various foods it serves to assure that there has been no abuse of any kind. Good grief,...this concerned a cheese product that was made from the milk supplied by the dairy to a cheese manufacturer. Get a grip...
This is an isolated incident because it's one that happened to surface. But the unsanitary conditions of most of these farms alone are well documented... never mind other things.

Look we can get into the dynamics of the farm industry and why these things happen... they have grown to big and corporations have grown too unwieldy to look after their own brood. Something like 85% of the potato market is controlled by 3 major farms. Virtually all fast food chains get their potatoes from these entities.

Now is potatoes....much different dynamic when it comes to meatpacking and livestock sh**ting all over the place etc. etc.

I'm sure you are aware... you are a cattle rancher after all.. But I'm pretty confident I'm not talking to a guy who breeds livestock for Cargill.

I don't want to trust bust corporations....I just want markets to work how they should. If a business owner is not aware of these things til whistles get blown, so be it.. But if CEO's or execs and/or upper management are aware and letting these things go...until they get exposed... then they should be raked over the coals..

But by awareness and people refusing to buy from a**holes.

Period..

That's how true markets work...

Now if people DON'T care about animals getting maimed and abused and choose to offer their business.....then, no harm, no foul. right? Business as usual... more people like seeing animals beaten!

Old 10-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
This is an isolated incident because it's one that happened to surface. But the unsanitary conditions of most of these farms alone are well documented... never mind other things.

Look we can get into the dynamics of the farm industry and why these things happen... they have grown to big and corporations have grown too unwieldy to look after their own brood. Something like 85% of the potato market is controlled by 3 major farms. Virtually all fast food chains get their potatoes from these entities.

Now is potatoes....much different dynamic when it comes to meatpacking and livestock sh**ting all over the place etc. etc.

I'm sure you are aware... you are a cattle rancher after all.. But I'm pretty confident I'm not talking to a guy who breeds livestock for Cargill.

I don't want to trust bust corporations....I just want markets to work how they should. If a business owner is not aware of these things til whistles get blown, so be it.. But if CEO's or execs and/or upper management are aware and letting these things go...until they get exposed... then they should be raked over the coals..

But by awareness and people refusing to buy from a**holes.

Period..

That's how true markets work...

Now if people DON'T care about animals getting maimed and abused and choose to offer their business.....then, no harm, no foul. right? Business as usual... more people like seeing animals beaten!
Business is business,...large or small. No business can survive and prosper by abusing/maiming what makes them money. I would suggest that there is NO ranch/farm/corporation owner/operator who would condone the treatment depicted in the video. But,..should the industry single out Burger King for buying cheese slices from a supplier who bought milk from a diary who had hired hands who abused the animals? That's a stretch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies