Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,714,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ahhh,,,there is the spirit of unity and respect.

And people wonder what is wrong with America?

LOL.....hypocrite.

IF you EVER posted anything similar to what you just stated above on a Liberal's thread where they called Conservatives or Romney supporters ignorant or brain-dead.....I'd LOVE to see it!!!

Besides, it's the truth. NO one in their right mind could possibly vote again fro Obama with his record.

Voting to re-elect Obama is like the Titanic backing-up and running into the iceberg again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:31 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Maybe this CNN host could moderate the next debate......but then the left would whine and beat their chests.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
So... you're admitting that supporting Romney will increase his ratings.
Not at all. I'm saying he'll say anything to get his numbers up. If they find a chimp who predicts the winner of Super Bowls, Piers Morgan is the guy who puts him on camera and says, "What a wiz! Maybe we should all be paying attention to what he says for the presidential election!"

Old 10-15-2012, 10:35 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,137,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb at sea View Post
Well, we know a change HAS to be made....Obama is destroying this country, and unfortunately, it's intentional. He doesn't like America, or what it stands for.

This country IS struggling...we need to get it back on track. We need to abide by our Constitution, and become the strongest, most successful country in the world again!!
And handing the country back to the party that started the snowball rolling is the way to do it!!!

Old 10-15-2012, 10:42 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
And handing the country back to the party that started the snowball rolling is the way to do it!!!
Clinton unleashed speculation in the repeal of glass steagall and ramped up alt a mortgages in the increased lending mandated by the CRA...........so we agree it seems.

Old 10-15-2012, 10:52 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnewberry22 View Post
Was defeating fascism in the 40's and liberating jewish death camps a meager ROI in your opinion?
Do you enjoy living in the past?

What ROI have we gottene lately that justifies paying ridiculously more than any other nation for our military? What additional degree of security/safety do we enjoy for that cost?

Old 10-15-2012, 11:00 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,919,735 times
CNN actually had a positive or pro-republican piece??

Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
CNN actually had a positive or pro-republican piece??
I think CNN is the most middle of the road out of the three big ones (CNN, FOX, MSNBC). However, reading the quote in the OP, it does not sound like Morgan said what the thead title claims. Maybe the actual comment is somewhere deeper in Morgans commentary, but it was not on the quote on the OP.

Morgan: He (Romney) sees America as a struggling company, and himself as therefore the perfect person to rescue it.

Thread title: CNN Host Piers Morgan Says Mitt Romney “Just Might Save America”

Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I'm saying he'll say anything to get his numbers up.
Supporting Romney gets his numbers up. Got it!

Old 10-15-2012, 11:14 AM

1,644 posts, read 2,172,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Do you enjoy living in the past?

What ROI have we gottene lately that justifies paying ridiculously more than any other nation for our military? What additional degree of security/safety do we enjoy for that cost?
I enjoy looking at the great things our military has done. Through our might, or assumed might, we have toppled Fascism and Communism. We have built an armed service that is second to none....so yeah...i'm pretty happy about that.

However, not much ROI lately to be honest. And I personally wasn't a fan of the Iraq War or the Afghanistan War...but they happened. One thing I do know though is that we haven't been attacked on our soil since 9/11. Is that entirely because what we've spend in the form of intelligence gathering and the patriot act? I don't know. Would we have achieved the same thing without spending as much? It's hard to say....But speaking as someone who lost a loved at the Pentagon on 9/11....I don't want to find out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies