Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 10:25 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
Biden's laughter at Romney's remarks were a visceral reaction of disbelief to the lies and half-truths Ryan was spinning. I bet much of America was laughing along with him. Ryan's naivety and earnestness is kind of hilarious, and his presentation on taxes might have had some laughing on the floor. We certainly now know where R & R stand, and it's no longer any laughing matter.
Uhmmm pot calling the kettle black.
Fact-checking last night's vice presidential debate | abc13.com
Biden mangles a heaping helping of the facts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2012, 10:26 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
He came across as smarter than Obama and more up on the facts and the issues. He may be something of a bully and a jerk but he at least takes an interest in knowing whats going on.
except that the ABC and others said that Biden Mangled a heaping helping of the facts....

Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Get over it, repubs. Biden destroyed Ryan. Move on already.

Old 10-15-2012, 11:29 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,290,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
One of my partners, a neurosurgeon, had an explanation for Biden's behavior during the debate and his lack of inhibition in other settings. Biden suffered an anterior communicating artery aneurysm (ACOM) about 16 years ago. This vessel supplies blood to the frontal lobes of the brain, which are important in modulating behavior, particularly related to emotional responses and inhibition. With ischemia due to a rupture, Biden has most likely suffered some damage to the frontal lobes, thus explaining his behavior. Certainly not the man we want a heartbeat away from the presidency.
What your fancy shmancy doctor friend calls ACOM, me and my buddies at the corner bar call it a good old fashioned ass kicking.

Old 10-16-2012, 07:57 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
What your fancy shmancy doctor friend calls ACOM, me and my buddies at the corner bar call it a good old fashioned ass kicking.
"ass kicking"?

Biden's behavior was very odd, to say the least. I had found out from my buddy about Biden's ACOM when we were chatting and suggested that he was on stimulants of some form. We see patients like that all the time who have inappropriate laughter, grimacing, and pressured speech. My neurosurgeon friend filled me in about his ruptured aneurysm (which is well known in neurosurgical circles- heck we knew that Reagan's subdural was drilled by a resident at Mayo, as Thor Sundt had not done burr holes in 25 years) which explains a lot about Biden's behavior over the last 15 years.

One simply needs those frontal lobes to modulate appropriate behavior. Perhaps after such a neurological insult, all senators, congressmen, presidents, and VPs should be required to have detailed psychological screening. It is a little scary that we have such a man a heartbeat away from the nuclear football.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:05 AM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
"ass kicking"?

Biden's behavior was very odd, to say the least. I had found out from my buddy about Biden's ACOM when we were chatting and suggested that he was on stimulants of some form. We see patients like that all the time who have inappropriate laughter, grimacing, and pressured speech. My neurosurgeon friend filled me in about his ruptured aneurysm (which is well known in neurosurgical circles- heck we knew that Reagan's subdural was drilled by a resident at Mayo, as Thor Sundt had not done burr holes in 25 years) which explains a lot about Biden's behavior over the last 15 years.

One simply needs those frontal lobes to modulate appropriate behavior. Perhaps after such a neurological insult, all senators, congressmen, presidents, and VPs should be required to have detailed psychological screening. It is a little scary that we have such a man a heartbeat away from the nuclear football.
Your post attempting to call Biden an alcoholic was removed, so now you're attempting to say he was on "stimulants"?
Really?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:50 AM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
Quote:
One of my partners, a neurosurgeon, had an explanation for Biden's behavior during the debate and his lack of inhibition in other settings. Biden suffered an anterior communicating artery aneurysm (ACOM) about 16 years ago. This vessel supplies blood to the frontal lobes of the brain, which are important in modulating behavior, particularly related to emotional responses and inhibition. With ischemia due to a rupture, Biden has most likely suffered some damage to the frontal lobes, thus explaining his behavior. Certainly not the man we want a heartbeat away from the presidency.
Gosh, I just thought he was drunk again.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:58 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Gosh, I just thought he was drunk again.
How does a teetotaler (aka person who does not drink alcohol) get "drunk again"?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,948,683 times
Note to self...never get medical treatment in Arizona.

Postscript...just never go to Arizona.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:01 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Note to self...never get medical treatment in Arizona.

Postscript...just never go to Arizona.
Nah, just stay away from Maricopa County. They're cray-cray up there. Tucson's nicer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies