Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 04:09 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
One poster asked if blacks where voting for President Obama because he is black. The odd thing is that President Obama had a white mother and a black father so he is as much white as black.

How many people are opposed to President Obama because he is black? I am not asking this as a direct question because no one wants to be identified as a racist. I am asking how many people do you think will not vote for President Obama because he is black?
You betcha racisim is alive and well down here in the South...I hear really offensive language at the grocery store from people discussing the N in the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 04:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
You betcha racisim is alive and well down here in the South...I hear really offensive language at the grocery store from people discussing the N in the WH.
They've got four more years to ruminate about it......................

Old 10-18-2012, 05:10 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
I'd actually have to consider this poll number a triumph for the GOP. It's obvious to me that there's no way that their crass racism over the past four years was accidental- the massive disrespect for Obama, the idiotic demands that he's somehow not really American, the howls of "reparations" over issues that mostly help white people, the outraged howls when he said something nice to a black family whose son was chased down and shot for no reason. And as we moved into election season, the attacks went out against black Americans in general - they love food stamps, they're brainwashed, they're plantation slaves, and it went on and on. Now, there's no way that republicans can be stupid enough to think that this sort of overt bigotry against black people can attract black voters, so I can only assume that they want black people to vote for democrats en masse.

So good work, GOP, you've somehow managed to disgust even more black people than you usually do.
Tissue?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:53 PM

831 posts, read 680,325 times
I used to have friends who i thought were friends but have distant themselves to me because i have an opinion about Obama that are different to theirs and these are folks who i used to call "Fellow, republican friends" they are no more, and to be quiet honest, they can fukc themselves.

Why is it when i was swaying conservatives did i have friends who were always liberals? And yes liberals came from all walks of life and a lot of the so called "conservative friends" were caucasians. Some of the trash talk that came out of their pie holes were unreal, i'm thinking. If they can talk about a bi race president like that, you can bet yer jacksie they talk trash about everyone else. And yeah perhaps i did from time to time but it were against turban heads that want to blow up America.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:19 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,249 times
I am against Obama, and always have been, because he is anti-American!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
I am against Obama, and always have been, because he is anti-American!
Actually, he represents what America should be.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:51 PM

52 posts, read 133,646 times
There are plenty of black people that are qualified to be president, Obama isn't one of them!

Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Actually, he represents what America should be.
How so? Please explain...

Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
How so? Please explain...
I'm not exactly a fan of Obama's politics, because I think he, despite the rantings of the lunatic right, is not radical or leftist enough - there are moves he could have made that would have been better for us as a country, but he was too small and large C conservative to try. As well, the President is always trying to appease a Republican opposition that hates him and wants nothing but to see him fail. Problem is, those racist slimy ideologues are destroying this country despite understanding that if he fails, we all fail. That, to me, is pathologically idiotic. He's not the fighter I wanted to see.

That said..................our President is intelligent. He represents the type of leader we have not had for years; a man who respects intelligence, learning, science. It's OK to want to be the smartest guy in the room; the Bushies and other Repubs glorified pseudomacho, frat-boy anti-intellectualism.

Our President is a real human being, a compassionate leader who believes that all Americans deserve food, clothing, shelter, jobs, safety, healthcare. The other guy couldn't give a flying fish about anyone who's not rich, anyone who's not like him. He believes in equality for men and women, as well as LGBT people.

I'd rather live in the America of Barack Obama than the America of Mitt Romney. Inshallah it will happen for four more years.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:29 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,934,706 times
There are also those who are against Romney because he is white... There are those that are against Romney because he is mormon. There are those that are against Obama because they believe him to be a Marxist. I am against Obama, because his policies are not in the best interest of the majority of the men and women in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies