Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 09:12 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,430,789 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at the big picture. Seeing how so much more intense the hateful disrespectful propaganda grows against him daily tells me that it cannot be just because he isnt Superman Jesus saving the entire universe from discomfort on all conceivable levels. Soo much disdain for one president that even Romney verbally slapped the Commaner in Chief down strongarming the debate with, "Hold on... You'll get your turn!" And I was like who did this man think he was talking to? You don't say that to the President of the United States. Unless he's someone you dont respect. Then it must be fine.

And those that will deny that this is happening are likely perpetrators who are unable to recognize that they are racist. But then, what is the big issue? White people have been favoring, endorsing and preferring to live only among others like themselves for decades and there was no problem. Two wrongs certainly dont equal right, but now it has become so wrong and unfair that people of color behave similarly? Human nature transcends all creeds.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 09:25 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I'm not exactly a fan of Obama's politics, because I think he, despite the rantings of the lunatic right, is not radical or leftist enough - there are moves he could have made that would have been better for us as a country, but he was too small and large C conservative to try. As well, the President is always trying to appease a Republican opposition that hates him and wants nothing but to see him fail. Problem is, those racist slimy ideologues are destroying this country despite understanding that if he fails, we all fail. That, to me, is pathologically idiotic. He's not the fighter I wanted to see.

That said..................our President is intelligent. He represents the type of leader we have not had for years; a man who respects intelligence, learning, science. It's OK to want to be the smartest guy in the room; the Bushies and other Repubs glorified pseudomacho, frat-boy anti-intellectualism.

Our President is a real human being, a compassionate leader who believes that all Americans deserve food, clothing, shelter, jobs, safety, healthcare. The other guy couldn't give a flying fish about anyone who's not rich, anyone who's not like him. He believes in equality for men and women, as well as LGBT people.

I'd rather live in the America of Barack Obama than the America of Mitt Romney. Inshallah it will happen for four more years.
While I don't necessarily agree with everything you said, I appreciate a well thought-out response, as opposed to some of the ingnorant, partisan rhetoric that seemingly plagues this forum. (Yes, I am looking at both conservatives and liberals here)

I had some long, boring piece typed out in response, outlining why I do and do not like Obama, but I will just save you the time and tell you why I'm not voting for him...

I am not voting for Obama again because numbers don't lie. Not only is this economic recovery much slower than it could have been, but it is artificial. It isn't going to last, and all it's done was cover-up an infection that has gotten worse and worse.

The printed, unearned, no-business-being-circulated-into-our-economy money, was allocated to US AND foreign corporations about as carelessly as a meals-on-wheels truck handing out sack lunches in Camden, NJ.

You, me, and every other American has been shafted by this administration (and the previous one), just most are too blind to see it.

Do I think Romney is any better? I hold out little hope, but I do think there might be a chance for him to drive excitement in the private sector and free up some credit, and start circulating the hoards of cash our corporations are sitting on but too afraid to use because of the policies of this administration.

I went over my 2 minutes, didn't I?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:32 PM

Oh, and everyone really needs to lay off the ****ing race card. I mean, really, you only do it because you know it pisses us off, and I suspect, to avoid the tangeable, measurable values which we look for in a qualified president. So, please, stuff that back in your wallet and go home.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:37 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
One poster asked if blacks where voting for President Obama because he is black. The odd thing is that President Obama had a white mother and a black father so he is as much white as black.

How many people are opposed to President Obama because he is black? I am not asking this as a direct question because no one wants to be identified as a racist. I am asking how many people do you think will not vote for President Obama because he is black?

Will some blacks NOT vote for Romney becuz he's white?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Will som blacks NOT vote for Romney becuz he's white?
No, he's just polling at 0% in the black community by chance. No racism to see there.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:48 PM

831 posts, read 680,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
There are also those who are against Romney because he is white... There are those that are against Romney because he is mormon. There are those that are against Obama because they believe him to be a Marxist. I am against Obama, because his policies are not in the best interest of the majority of the men and women in this country.

I think you can minus the "Women" in your equation, since Obama has been the ONE to give more power to women over their health and how they are treated in the workplace, get that in your thick skull.

As for the majority of men, what you really mean by that is "white" men only!!

As an Asian, i dont think romney has a clue about us and with this chest thumping about china? He would **** off the Chinese and use all the other nations in the region as proxy and only come in and join the fight when the Coalition and the Chinese is all but spent to finish off the job, because we all know what Mcarthur said about landing American boots in Asia dont we??

In the end, Asia as we know it, will be nothing more but a memory and in history books.

And then your have the middle east issue, romney will let hell break over there and send many American lives to their deaths.

And you know what? in a way, i want romney to win, as a republican, i like hearing the beating of war and just so YOU know, a large % of white men will loose their life, all for what? the interest of "white" men and their quest to destroy?.. That America is slowly erroding away, get over it!!

Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,326,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
And you know what? in a way, i want romney to win, as a republican, i like hearing the beating of war and just so YOU know, a large % of white men will loose their life, all for what? the interest of "white" men and their quest to destroy?.. That America is slowly erroding away, get over it!!
One could make a pretty good guess that if it weren't for the white men and their urges you hate so much, you wouldn't be sitting at your computer in California tapping out ungrateful venom about the nation that has educated you, protects you, and has saved you from the backwardness, raw greed, environmental disasters -- and, yes, rampant abuse of women --- that characterizes Asian culture.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone-Ranger View Post
I think you can minus the "Women" in your equation, since Obama has been the ONE to give more power to women over their health and how they are treated in the workplace, get that in your thick skull.

As for the majority of men, what you really mean by that is "white" men only!!

As an Asian, i dont think romney has a clue about us and with this chest thumping about china? He would **** off the Chinese and use all the other nations in the region as proxy and only come in and join the fight when the Coalition and the Chinese is all but spent to finish off the job, because we all know what Mcarthur said about landing American boots in Asia dont we??

In the end, Asia as we know it, will be nothing more but a memory and in history books.

And then your have the middle east issue, romney will let hell break over there and send many American lives to their deaths.

This is a pretty good example of a racist rant. This is what the civil rights movement began to end. This is what not to do in 2012, people. But way to wear your racism on your sleave, bud.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Are "some" of these people you mention the same ones that voted for obama in 2008? He had the goodwill of the country, his approval rating started out @ 70%.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM

831 posts, read 680,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
One could make a pretty good guess that if it weren't for the white men and their urges you hate so much, you wouldn't be sitting at your computer in California tapping out ungrateful venom about the nation that has educated you, protects you, and has saved you from the backwardness, raw greed, environmental disasters -- and, yes, rampant abuse of women --- that characterizes Asian culture.

Ungrateful? hmm let me see,

You make it out as if America was a white mans land in the first place, it was actually the Native Indians, and gladly your forefathers displayed gratitude, how? extermination sound like a good fit?
I suppose the Native Australian Aboriginese have the white man to be grateful for, for doing the same unto them?
Hows about the Blacks, noose and slavery. It's ok for whites to tell them to shuddup and get over that and yet let jews lecture the whole world about their ordeal on a daily basis?

As for education, Algebra came from the Babylonians, That is not exclusively to anyone.

Environmental disasters? err who has endured the most oil spill in all history of mankind? who is the biggest environmental polluter from usage of cars? who has let more radioactive out into the atmosphere.

Raw greed? you think America can accumilate so much wealth without slavery? slave wage, manopolising everything?

As for abuse, ahh what about the amount of child abuse cases here in the us perpotraited by white males and what about the Extreme volume of white men going to Asia to screw under age boys and girls hmmm??

I think you need to buy yourself a good pair of eyeglasses and a good size mirror to show YOU how big of a demon that could well be starring back at you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies