Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times

Advertisements

“The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people,” said Neera Tanden — now president of the powerful Center for American Progress — in an interview with New York Magazine.
Read more: Ex-aide sorry for saying Obama 'doesn't really like people' | The Daily Caller

Well, millions of us already know this, but we are also stunned that he is in politics. He doesn't like people, he likes Obama and he likes power. And if you look at his record and his credentials, nobody in their right mind would vote for him .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:09 PM

21,139 posts, read 19,714,475 times
No, but he sure likes to spend their money.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:10 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Hey. To be fair, spending other people's money is fun!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Why would he be close with anyone? That would only interfere with activities like basking in is own aura and telling people they didn't make that happen. What should really come as a surprise is that anyone would like Obama.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:38 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
“The truth is, Obama doesn’t call anyone, and he’s not close to almost anyone. It’s stunning that he’s in politics, because he really doesn’t like people,” said Neera Tanden — now president of the powerful Center for American Progress — in an interview with New York Magazine.
Read more: Ex-aide sorry for saying Obama 'doesn't really like people' | The Daily Caller

Well, millions of us already know this, but we are also stunned that he is in politics. He doesn't like people, he likes Obama and he likes power. And if you look at his record and his credentials, nobody in their right mind would vote for him .
Do you have any shame at all? You linked an article where Ms Tanden apologizes for her remarks. It doesn't look like Obama is the one with a problem. He is, as we speak, President of the United States. That's no small achievement as you well know. If I made it that far there aren't a whole lot of people I would call either. Be at peace, Roadking, we'll handle the tricky business of Obama's re-election without you. I mean... didja's vote for him last time? Thought not. We didn't need you then and we don't need you now.

H

Old 10-16-2012, 11:44 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post

obamas need to control and have power supersedes his dislike for people

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,447,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Do you have any shame at all? You linked an article where Ms Tanden apologizes for her remarks. It doesn't look like Obama is the one with a problem. He is, as we speak, President of the United States. That's no small achievement as you well know. If I made it that far there aren't a whole lot of people I would call either. Be at peace, Roadking, we'll handle the tricky business of Obama's re-election without you. I mean... didja's vote for him last time? Thought not. We didn't need you then and we don't need you now.

H
obama did not get there on his record by doing great things he got there because he is 1/2 black and said free a lot and spread the wealth from those who have to those who don't want to achieve to have but would rather take
That is how he got elected

Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM

1,084 posts, read 1,845,934 times
And Romney doesn't have a good opinion about 47% of Americans, his running mate doesn't about 30%. This doesn't make Romney a "catch". Seems like he only likes CERTAIN people.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:31 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
obama did not get there on his record by doing great things he got there because he is 1/2 black and said free a lot and spread the wealth from those who have to those who don't want to achieve to have but would rather take
That is how he got elected
IF what you said was true, I would be too busy living a Middle Class American life to quibble with you. As it is, I'm hurting. You're probably not doing that great yourself either, but you are too stubborn to notice. There is no other First World country that lets its rich people keep as much of their wealth as America. Objective rankings of countries put America well down into Third World level placements in all the metrics that matter. You may well die 10 to 20 years sooner than you might otherwise have lived if there wasn't such a yawning chasm of wealth. Rich people put their money in private clinics and the rest of us die from Cancer like flies. American women get breast cancer at a rate of one in 12. Even in nasty, nasty, environmental disaster China the women there get breast cancer at like 1/100 of the U.S. rate. That's because rich people... really, really rich people are still rare in China. Its changing, and as it does, people will start dying there from things they never thought of dying from before. Obama didn't take anything from the rich... they are still rich. The country is drowning in red ink and Romney wants to cut taxes on the rich even more. Make sense? Must be some kind of Politician Calculus that I didn't study because it makes no sense to me. America was 14th in life expectancy in the world in 1998. It is 41st now. That should scare you a lot. That's what happens when you let an elitist class of people suck wealth out of the country and park it in the Cayman Islands. The planets wealth is estimated at around 50 Trillion. Most of that belongs to less than 10,000 people. Wait... it gets better... there is at least another PLANETS worth of wealth stashed in the Caymans, Bermuda, Costa Rica, Switzerland and other tax havens. It isn't doing anyone any good there. Not even the greedy hogs that hid it there. It can't cure cancer, or Parkinson's, can't give us magnetic levitation high speed trains, can't get us into orbit to manufacture hazardous products... ... you should be appalled at the WASTE. But no... you defend the rich. You feel sorry for them. More fool you. Can I say that? I don't mean it personally but really. This mindset of protectionism of our job creators or whatever high minded title you give the 1%. It hasn't been earned. It's the con of the century. Wake up. Get a clue before it is too late.

H

Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Best question on the thread ...

Quote:
didja's vote for him last time?
It's "didja's" that I found particularly amusing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies