Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,456,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Hmmm, I don't know about that. It takes $$ to be an entrepreneur, right?
Yes -- the $$ that people will no longer be spending on private insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
Yes -- the $$ that people will no longer be spending on private insurance.
that they wont have because they will be spending 5 times as much on TAXES

an example...currently you spend 400 a month on a health insurance..and your company picks up the other 75% (1200) a month...total 1600 a month, or 19k a year

but the average tax per tapayer for singlepayer would be 24k per year

with singlepayer..the taxpayers lose

Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Stormfront.org troll reported.
Yep. Everyone that points out your fallacy is a troll.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:31 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,923 times
at this point in time in my life I do not have insurance, I have a full time job but I also have to pay for student loans,credit card bills, and I live in NYC which is a very expensive city to live in. I recently got a tooth pulled last month and it costs me close to $300 about $120 to have a tooth pulled and the rest for a Cat scan to make sure everything is out, and on top of that it costs me another $14 for anti-biotics. I can barely afford to pay this back right now. I have another tooth that needs to be pulled and that one will cost me another $300 total including a ct scan and medication. If I didn't have to pay for my dental costs I would then be able to pay off my school loan and I would be able to save up to buy a car.

As far as I see it a universal health care system would be a heavensent for not only me but for others I know who put off going to a dentist/Doctor because they can't afford the costs. Think about that would you? I've priced out several different plans and each plan I looked at the cheapest is about $225 and this is not including a copay mind you, as well as $25 charge per doctor visit. I can't afford that, especially not the type of job I have right now where I have no sick time, no paid time off, I have nothing right now.

I have family in MN that I want to visit, I have nephews and nieces that I have never met because If I take even a week off from work that means it's a week I can't pay for either my phone/rent/CC bill/Student loan. I have been looking for a better job but at this time many places I've looked for the type of field I am trying to get into require at least 2+ years experience.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 PM

2,538 posts, read 4,709,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The layers upon layers of profit have made costs so high we MUST have insurance.
Do you know anything about the health care industry? If there was so much profit in it then why are hospitals closing all of over the country? Why are health care stocks not going through the roof? How do you explain the fact that non-profits keep having to raise premiums to break even? While I more than agree the system is broken, "profit" is not the reason.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
at this point in time in my life I do not have insurance, I have a full time job but I also have to pay for student loans,credit card bills, and I live in NYC which is a very expensive city to live in. I recently got a tooth pulled last month and it costs me close to $300 about $120 to have a tooth pulled and the rest for a Cat scan to make sure everything is out, and on top of that it costs me another $14 for anti-biotics. I can barely afford to pay this back right now. I have another tooth that needs to be pulled and that one will cost me another $300 total including a ct scan and medication. If I didn't have to pay for my dental costs I would then be able to pay off my school loan and I would be able to save up to buy a car.

As far as I see it a universal health care system would be a heavensent for not only me but for others I know who put off going to a dentist/Doctor because they can't afford the costs. Think about that would you? I've priced out several different plans and each plan I looked at the cheapest is about $225 and this is not including a copay mind you, as well as $25 charge per doctor visit. I can't afford that, especially not the type of job I have right now where I have no sick time, no paid time off, I have nothing right now.

I have family in MN that I want to visit, I have nephews and nieces that I have never met because If I take even a week off from work that means it's a week I can't pay for either my phone/rent/CC bill/Student loan. I have been looking for a better job but at this time many places I've looked for the type of field I am trying to get into require at least 2+ years experience.
uhm..you would be paying a lot more in taxes for the 'system'

Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
that they wont have because they will be spending 5 times as much on TAXES

an example...currently you spend 400 a month on a health insurance..and your company picks up the other 75% (1200) a month...total 1600 a month, or 19k a year

but the average tax per tapayer for singlepayer would be 24k per year

with singlepayer..the taxpayers lose
link please

Old 10-17-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
deadspeak.
necroscope??

Old 10-17-2012, 01:37 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,442,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the fact is that governmet paid care sucks

medicare pays so little that many doctors are opting out of it

not only does it pay so little that it doesnt cover the doctors overhead..but they have to wait months for the slow assed goverment to pay the freaking bill

anytime you have SOMEONE else paying the bill...it drives costs up...why...becuase it doesnt effect YOU

why do you think so many people are in credit trouble...becuase easy money .....charge it and forget it

you want to see costs come down to being semi affordable...get rid of ALL insurance..(private and government)

its your health, your body, your bill...pay your own darn bill, dont expect someone else to pay your way
Tell me are you an advocate for death squads ? I read a lot mainly sci-fi/sword and sorcery novels, and I can tell you something in those sword and sorcery type of stories you have people who are so poor that they die on the street because they have no money and no food. Is that something that you want? No offence and all but you sound like a puffed up tough guy type. I think your one of those same type of people who tells everyone they don't own a TV or a radio because they want to be seen as "cool" And yet you come off more like a selfish human being.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
link please
look at the cost of the LOWPAYING medicare/medicaid.....900 billion just to PARTIALLY cover less than 70 million people ......900 billion to cover 1/5 of the population

singlepayer would cost between 3 trillion and 6 trillion EVERY YEAR (we already spend 1 trillion so the NEW added cost would be 2-5 trillion)

we have 140 million tax FILERS, (of which nealy 50% dont pay anything)

3 trillion divided by 140 million is what.......$20,000
6 trillion divided by 150 million is what......$40,000

thats between 20k to 40k PER TAXPAYER.....CAN YOU AFFORD THAT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies