Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you voting early?
Yes, the candidates are repeating the same rhetoric every debate 20 83.33%
No, this next debate will have a big influence on my decision 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 04:52 PM

487 posts, read 382,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBev View Post
All of Washington is pathetic.Obama will do nothing for the country and Romney will hurt the average citizen.They are approaching $1 billion on this pathetic mess,another wasted four years.
I think Democrats and Republicans may actually have a common foe... Those who sit on their hands, whine about politics in general and who ultimately end up throwing away their vote.

Grow a pair and pick a side!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:57 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
How exactly will Romney reduce the deficit by increasing funding for the military by trillions, cutting taxes for all by 20% and insuring Medicare and Social Security will remain solvent while not costing anybody any more money?

They asked the same thing about Ronald Reagan, too.

How he and the Congress(don't forget them) did it, you will never know...

Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
4 more years of pain and suffering! Right on!
What pain and suffering?

I'm leagues ahead of where I was 4 years ago.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:19 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,915,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'm very proud that President Obama has been at the helm. This country could not be more fortunate to have a man of his character, substance, and integrity as the President. He's a leader who invites opposing views, even those from Republicans. Unfortunately, he has been cursed with the most pathetic representation of Congressional Republicans in history, regressives whose sole purpose has been to make him fail instead of helping the country dig itself out from the enormous problems that Republicans created under Bush. Romney, in his empty criticism of the President's record these past 4 years, ignores the role of his Republican friends in Congress to create failure.

Despite the ignorance of Republicans who don't give this man the respect he is due because he is black, President Obama continues to resuscitate this country from the disaster that was Republicans under Bush. He does so with an unparalelled level of poise, resolve, and commitment to all that is high and noble. Romney, pathetic by comparison.

Very happy to cast my vote for the REELECTION of this fine President.
The reason I have no respect for the fool has nothing to do with his being half black. It's because his presidency has been half-vast.

Even Biden, the clown prince of this administration, has earned more respect than your annointed one!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:21 PM

490 posts, read 650,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post
I think Democrats and Republicans may actually have a common foe... Those who sit on their hands, whine about politics in general and who ultimately end up throwing away their vote.

I couldn't agree more. I read these posts and some are saying they are not voting for anyone? Well if you do some research I find that both these gentlemen offer positives and negatives but there is certainly enough there to pick a candidate. I think some people need to put aside anger and personal attacks and VOTE. If you vote I personally wonder how I could respect your opinion. That's just me I guess?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs0503 View Post

Well said!!!

Old 10-17-2012, 06:23 PM

490 posts, read 650,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
What pain and suffering?

I'm leagues ahead of where I was 4 years ago.
Good point. So am I and I have friends who almost get mad when I tell them that. Call me a sheep and things like that. It's crazy. It's like they want me to admit that because Obama is in office things can possibly be going well for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I'm very proud that President Obama has been at the helm. This country could not be more fortunate to have a man of his character, substance, and integrity as the President. He's a leader who invites opposing views, even those from Republicans. Unfortunately, he has been cursed with the most pathetic representation of Congressional Republicans in history, regressives whose sole purpose has been to make him fail instead of helping the country dig itself out from the enormous problems that Republicans created under Bush. Romney, in his empty criticism of the President's record these past 4 years, ignores the role of his Republican friends in Congress to create failure.

Despite the ignorance of Republicans who don't give this man the respect he is due because he is black, President Obama continues to resuscitate this country from the disaster that was Republicans under Bush. He does so with an unparalelled level of poise, resolve, and commitment to all that is high and noble. Romney, pathetic by comparison.

Very happy to cast my vote for the REELECTION of this fine President.

Call me on your Obamaphone and tell me all about it

Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
I voted early this year because I won't be in town to vote on Election Day. I haven't done that since college--I like going to the polls. But anyway, I voted back in September via absentee ballot. It never even occurred to me that the debates might have any effect. They are all about showmanship and camera presence, and nothing at all about the qualities that go into being a good president.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:46 PM

288 posts, read 283,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
I have a friend who is a Democrat say he is not going to vote, and will let God decide the election. I thought that was strange since democrats dont believe in God
Yes it is strange that you think all democrats don't believe in GOD..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies