Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 05:30 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times

Advertisements

In case there be any doubt,
Jesus did not vote. He did not rely on the "state" to protect him. He was not repubblican, democrat or libertarian. His "vote" was his almighty Father.

It amazes me that a person who says he/she trusts in God, would vote!

If we are trusting in God, we do not vote, because voting is putting trust in men, not in God.

The Law that Christians serve is the True Law of Liberty, which is what sets us free from the bondage of the carnal law of state.
Governments may come and go, but Christians do not get involved, because they have made their choice already: God.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Peace,
brian

Old 10-18-2012, 05:34 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Jesus told me to vote Romney/ Ryan. Praise Jesus!!

Old 10-18-2012, 05:35 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
I do not trust "god" any more than I trust politicians. They are all a duplicitous bunch.

In any case I hope the “real” Christians vote for their fellow Christian, President Obama, and not that pagan money worshipping Mormon, Romney.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Jesus didn't stop at stoplights either. Why would you feel a need to trust them? He will protect you.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:43 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,198,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I do not trust "god" any more than I trust politicians. They are all a duplicitous bunch.

In any case I hope the “real” Christians vote for their fellow Christian, President Obama, and not that pagan money worshipping Mormon, Romney.
Jesus said to judge them by their works. I've judged Obama's works and found him not to be a Christian.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:44 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
That says more about you than Obama.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
So Christians are supposed to just sit back and watch the world around them go by without getting involved in anything?

I am a Christian, but the idea that we don't have to elect human leaders here on earth is ridiculous. I do believe that God takes care of His people, the Bible is full of just such references, but without organized government and leadership, how would a society run? Have you forgotten that there are a lot of people who do not honor God or His commandments and, left to their own devices without the restraints of an organized society would create even more havoc in the world than they already are?

As a Christian, you do not bury your head in the sand and avoid society and its rules, you strive to elect the best candidate who best honors God's Word to lead the society. Jesus did not avoid getting involved in society. Of course He didn't vote or identify as a Democrat or Republican, because obviously those political parties did not exist and he did not live in a republic where the people elected the officials. He lived in a country that was occupied by Rome, if memory serves, and no one had a vote, that's just not how it was done in those days.

If anything, the Bible teaches that Jesus wants Christians to get involved in the world and its problems, not hide from them and sit back and wait for the Second Coming.

Matthew 9:37-38, NIV

"Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”

Old 10-18-2012, 05:46 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

Given this why vote at all? Sounds like more hope and change.

From most reports, ol' Mitttt has been very generous with his money and time....and calling him a "pagan"? Satire, yes?

Old 10-18-2012, 05:54 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Jesus said to judge them by their works. I've judged Obama's works and found him not to be a Christian.
Obama calls himself a Christian, but he clearly does not make decisions or support issues based on anything that is found in that religion.

I am not Mormon, but Romney is who has been nominated by the pro-life, traditional marriage faction, so he is best aligned with what Christians believe, based on what the Bible has to say on these subjects, and the teachings of the Bible are what Christians are to govern their lives by.

Old 10-18-2012, 05:56 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
In case there be any doubt,
Jesus did not vote. He did not rely on the "state" to protect him. He was not repubblican, democrat or libertarian. His "vote" was his almighty Father.

It amazes me that a person who says he/she trusts in God, would vote!

If we are trusting in God, we do not vote, because voting is putting trust in men, not in God.

The Law that Christians serve is the True Law of Liberty, which is what sets us free from the bondage of the carnal law of state.
Governments may come and go, but Christians do not get involved, because they have made their choice already: God.

Just thought I'd point this out.

Peace,
brian
Not voting is putting your trust in man,too, but it's putting in the trust of your fellow man that does vote.

Do you trust yourself more than other men?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies