Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2012, 02:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The controversy IS keeping attention focused on the LIE Obama and his admin propagated for days about the attack being caused by a YouTube video.

The whole world is being reminded on a daily basis that Obama and his admin LIED about the attack, repeatedly.
I think you people should keep at it. Keeping the face of Romney out there with egg on it, is much better than talking about what Romney was actually pretty good with, enumerating what plans Obama was not able to get accomplished. Hey, keep the focus on the egg face I say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2012, 02:40 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMUAlum08 View Post
we know what he said. the right just want to nit pick as much as possible
If you know what he said, then you know you are wrong. You can't change the facts, it's on record...

Old 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I agree. It did seem like Romney genuinely didn't understand that he was wrong and that what he had been told by Fox News and RushBeck O'Hannity was incorrect.
I see that you aren't a viewer of CNN either. You don't know that just after the debate she admitted to the CNN man that she had confused the story and that would say that it was Obama and Candy that were wrong.

It must be either MM, TP or MSNBC that you get all your info from. Which is it?

Old 10-18-2012, 02:42 PM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I think you people should keep at it.
Yep. Romney keeps widening his lead over Obama in the polls.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The funny thing is that Mitt thought he had caught Obama in a gotcha moment that would go down in the annals of history. Mitt knew how the President was going to answer the question, it was his own lack of knowledge of the facts and not just the Fox News talking points that got him in trouble.

It was the rhetorical equivalent of getting ran over by your own car after you put it in gear and stomped on the throttle.
So you think Obama won something there without Crowley making her mistake? I think you don't even know that she interrupted Romney 28 times and Obama only 8. She was just a tad biased as could be seen during the debate. You did watch it, didn't you? Maybe you went out to the kitchen for a beer or something when that happened.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflies1375 View Post
Again, that doesn't matter. The question was about the words used the day after the attack and only the day after the attack. Not about the days after that. Romney should have attacked him from a different angle. Instead he focused on the wrong thing. He's a lawyer, same as Obama. He should know better in how he frames his questioning.
Do either of those men hold licenses to practice law? I know Obama rescinded his but don't know about Romney.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Yep. Romney keeps widening his lead over Obama in the polls.

I think I'll wait for the polling info that reflects the last debate to see how badly the eggs look on the Mythster.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Do you watch Hannity or just wait till next day for Media Matters and Think Prog to come out with what was said? I think I know but you maybe should answer the question for me.
What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Old 10-18-2012, 03:18 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
It occurs to me that his reference in general to acts of terror way down near the end of his speech was a subconscious slip. He may well have known it was terror, but he didn't want to let the world know that because he wanted everyone to believe that Al Qaeda was "on the run". So, the Administration put forth a huge effort to blame the video instead, all the while knowing that they were lying.

And he wants us to believe that he was being "cautious".

Old 10-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Again... Obama's Rose Garden speech on September 12th clearly refers to "the denigration of religious beliefs" as the cause of the attack:

"Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack.
We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths.
We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None."

To what do you think "this" refers?
Neither the Rose Garden comments Sept 12 nor the Colorado comments Sept 13, could be misunderstood, well, unless there is no intention of ever understanding what the Prez said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies