Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 06:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,326,146 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioIstheBest View Post
The 19th Amendment, giving women the right to vote was origianlly proposed in 1878 by Republican Senator Aaron Sargent. He was BFFs with Susan B. Anthony. She was also a Republican.

so much for this lie about liberal women getting other women the right to vote.
Are you really equating late 19th/early 20th century Republicans with those of the early 21st century? Tea Partiers and RWNJs steer the R's party policies these days, and they don't in any way, shape, or form resemble Susan B. Anthony or Aaron Sargent.

So much for the lie that today's Republican Party is the same as the party of Susan B. Anthony and Aaron Sargent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Yawn.

Here's the typical liberal crap I here over and over.

Liberals did this or that. Usually concerning race, women or child labor.

It's pointed out to them that liberals had nothing to do with said problem.

Then the liberal back tracks and says that the parties changed and republicans are racist.

It's very boring, childish and predictable. And a total lie.

Fact is that Republicans fought for the right for women to vote. Not Democrats.

A fact is a fact and you can't unchange a fact.

And anyone that thinks Mitt Romney is gonna outlaw abortion or birth control is a straight up dumb arse and should lose all voting rights for being a moron.
Ever occur to you that back then, Republicans were the liberal party??

Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,396,786 times
Quote:
LOLs.

What did Republicans do to hurt women when Reagan was president? How about George Bush? How about Gearge W. Bush?

Oh, that's right. Nothing.

Who treats his wife better? Mit Romney or liberal icon Bill Clinton?

Who is the only Senator elected to office after causing the death of a woman? Liberal Ted Kennedy.

What party supports, even encourages, the killing of female fetuses? How many women have been denied the right to live because Democrats are pro-abortion? A couple million, I suspect.

But Romeny is going to outlaw birth control. LMFAO.
Who knows which person treats his wife "better".....I would guess that would depend upon what each considers important and whether or not she is happy.

As for Ted Kennedy, he was an amazing supporter of the needy among us, a great liberal Senator, and, yes, accidents happen.

I don't know of any party that "encourages" the killing of any fetus........I know the Democrats support the right to CHOICE. Individual women make that choice as to how best to deal with her own body.

Your post is just reeking with efforts to "sensationalize" because you clearly cannot effectively argue that LIBERAL WOMEN were NOT the ones who pursued equal rights for women and opened the many doors which have been opened for women.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Yawn.

Here's the typical liberal crap I here over and over.

Liberals did this or that. Usually concerning race, women or child labor.

It's pointed out to them that liberals had nothing to do with said problem.

Then the liberal back tracks and says that the parties changed and republicans are racist.

It's very boring, childish and predictable. And a total lie.

Fact is that Republicans fought for the right for women to vote. Not Democrats.

A fact is a fact and you can't unchange a fact.

And anyone that thinks Mitt Romney is gonna outlaw abortion or birth control is a straight up dumb arse and should lose all voting rights for being a moron.
The FACT is that LIBERAL WOMEN fought for women's suffrage. Are you saying that Republicans today are LIBERAL?

Old 10-19-2012, 07:34 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,269,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Obama has had conflicting explanations about our Ambassador being killed in Benghazi.

All his acolytes have told the American people different stories concerning Libya.

Obama, Hillary, Carney, Axelrod, Susan Rice and many more have tried to point fingers at anyone but themselves.

SOMEONE IS LYING. To reduce political damage to Barack Obama.

Women -- how does that make you feel as a voter?
Love to know why you think this is a gendered issue.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I don't see anything anti-female in this thread or in politics. These people are worrying for nothing. But they like politicians who claim they would give them special privileges.

Why do you think most females voted for Obama and Biden? VAWA, more reproductive rights for them, leaving men out in presidential speeches while addressing the rest of the population as "special" groups, all that division.

Those two males said they would improve the economic situation for those people, but has it improved?
Worrying for nothing?? I was a teenager in the 60s and remember when:

1. Abortions were not legal and teenage girls who became pregnant had to drop out of school - forever.
2. Married women did not legally exist except as appendages of their husbands.
3. The only birth control was a condom or the rhythm method.
4. The media were not allowed to use the word pregnant.
5. Career choices for smart women were teaching or nursing.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Women today do not have special privileges, they simply have access to the same choices that men have always enjoyed.

Tough sh*t for the men who don't like it.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Worrying for nothing?? I was a teenager in the 60s and remember when:

1. Abortions were not legal and teenage girls who became pregnant had to drop out of school - forever.
2. Married women did not legally exist except as appendages of their husbands.
3. The only birth control was a condom or the rhythm method.
4. The media were not allowed to use the word pregnant.
5. Career choices for smart women were teaching or nursing.

I could go on, but you get the picture.

Women today do not have special privileges, they simply have access to the same choices that men have always enjoyed.

Tough sh*t for the men who don't like it.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:26 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,474,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by git45 View Post
Love to know why you think this is a gendered issue.
Just curious how much slack women would give Obama after he lied to the American people about Benghazi. I don't think one woman who has posted here so far has batted an eye about it.

Obama could be found guilty of just about anything and get away with it with these women.

And do you know why these women keep their eyes and ears closed?

Because the condition of the country doesn't matter to them as much as their baseless fear that Romney will somehow overturn Roe vs Wade.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:39 PM

23,410 posts, read 36,915,433 times
Quote:
Just curious how much slack women would give Obama after he lied to the American people about Benghazi. I don't think one woman who has posted here so far has batted an eye about it.

Obama could be found guilty of just about anything and get away with it with these women.

Because the condition of the country doesn't matter to them as much as their baseless fear that Romney will somehow overturn Roe vs Wade.
Why is you think you can figure out what half of the population thinks based on anything you post here?
If this was a study, your sample size would be laughed out of every professional journal on the face of the earth.
To be quite frank, your threads directed towards women are freighted with condescension, derision and patriarchalism from the opening post.
You do not seem to have clue one about women, and the message that you do not care about us comes through loud and clear.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 PM

Quote:

Well, you're certainly making a LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS now, aren't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies