Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 08:52 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,481,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Well, you're certainly making a LOT OF ASSUMPTIONS now, aren't you.
Yes I am.

And I'm right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 08:55 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Yes I am.

And I'm right.
Jim Jones thought he was right, too.

Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
Why is you think you can figure out what half of the population thinks based on anything you post here?
If this was a study, your sample size would be laughed out of every professional journal on the face of the earth.
To be quite frank, your threads directed towards women are freighted with condescension, derision and patriarchalism from the opening post.
You do not seem to have clue one about women, and the message that you do not care about us comes through loud and clear.
Well said!!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:57 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,092 times
Quote:
Jim Jones thought he was right, too.
good point.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:25 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Why is you think you can figure out what half of the population thinks based on anything you post here?
If this was a study, your sample size would be laughed out of every professional journal on the face of the earth.
To be quite frank, your threads directed towards women are freighted with condescension, derision and patriarchalism from the opening post.
You do not seem to have clue one about women, and the message that you do not care about us comes through loud and clear.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:31 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,319,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
But you're cool with Obama remote controlling drones into civilian neighborhoods.

Got it.
What does that have to do with the original question? GOP DEFLECTION POINT!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I agree 100%.
Wow! What a surprise....

Old 10-20-2012, 09:55 AM

4,877 posts, read 4,507,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Ever occur to you that back then, Republicans were the liberal party??
Typical. Rewriting history.

Republicans of that time were what we would call "Clssical liberals" today.

Not anything similar to todays liberals.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I really didn't specify a political party in re women's suffrage, I said LIBERAL WOMEN. W-O-M-E-N. Today, liberal women are DEMOCRATS, and TODAY, we contribute much to making and changing laws through the political process.

If you think your "knowledge" in re Sen. Sargent and very , very limited knowledge of Susan B. Anthony in any way represents all that happened during the years of struggle during the women's suffrage movement, you are very sadly mistaken or you have an extremely limited factual knowledge base about this topic.

Try reading this link:

Women in Congress - I’m No Lady; I’m a Member of Congress

"The turning point came in the late 1880s and early 1890s, when the nation experienced a surge of volunteerism among middle-class women—activists in progressive causes, members of women’s clubs and professional societies, temperance advocates, and participants in local civic and charity organizations. The determination of these women to expand their sphere of activities further outside the home helped legitimate the suffrage movement and provided new momentum for the NWSA and the AWSA. By 1890, seeking to capitalize on their newfound “constituency,” the two groups united to form the National American Woman Suffrage Association (NAWSA).6 Led initially by Stanton and then by Anthony, the NAWSA began to draw on the support of women activists in organizations as diverse as the Women’s Trade Union League, the Woman’s Christian Temperance Union (WCTU), and the National Consumer’s League."
And nothing you have said or linked to proves that anyone involved in this movement would be a liberal democrat today. Nothing. Pure speculation on your part. And I really don't give a crap who did it. Just credit the correct people instead of rewriting history.

It's typical though. Todays liberals claim it was them that ended slavery, gained womens rights and passed Civil Rights legislation, when history proves the exact opposite.'

But, I wouldn't expect a liberal democrat in 2012 to worry about facts when they can just make crap up to make themselves feel better.

Old 10-20-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Are you really equating late 19th/early 20th century Republicans with those of the early 21st century? Tea Partiers and RWNJs steer the R's party policies these days, and they don't in any way, shape, or form resemble Susan B. Anthony or Aaron Sargent.

So much for the lie that today's Republican Party is the same as the party of Susan B. Anthony and Aaron Sargent.
Who said they were the same party?

Democrats aren't the same party either.

Someone posted on here that it was liberal democrats that led the way for women's sufferage.

I was pointing out that the people leading this effort were Republicans.

Sorry, I will never use a FACT to ruins someone delusions again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies