Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 04:28 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times

Advertisements

I am a woman, and yes we care about the economy.

We care about our husband having a job, ourselves having a job, the potential for our kids to have jobs in the future. We care about being able to pay our mortgages every month and care about our homes losing their value. We care about the cost of higher education, credit card interest rates, additional fees to take our own money out of the bank. We care about not being able to get loans when we need them because the bank will not lend. We care about increasing gas prices, increasing grocery prices, increasing health care costs, increasing utility prices. We care about the fiscal cliff we are headed for in January and we care about how much national debt our children will inherit as they come of age. We care about whether social security and medicare will still be there for our children when they need it. We care about high unemployment, high underemployment, and that most of the jobs that are being created now are part-time, low paying service jobs that do not provide benefits or enough hours. We care about health care for ourselves and our families, but have never seen even one government program run efficiently, and we don't believe that it can safely and efficiently institute and run THIS one.

This woman does not care about the following:

1. That a 31 year old post-graduate student at Georgetown has to pay for her own birth control

2. That Big Bird may have to move from Sesame Street to Main Street - he's a big boy, is established enough and has been around long enough to make it in the big leagues.

3. That Planned Parenthood may not receive federal funding in the future. There are other revenue streams that Planned Parenthood can secure to continue their mandates.

4. A badly concocted and made up War on Women. Birth control will still be available cheaply to women. Abortion will not be made illegal unless the Supreme Court decides to go against the majority of the population who still understands the need for them (and the makeup of the Supreme Court is ultimately much more important than who holds the office of president of the United States). Women will still be paid based on their career selection, their seniority, their expertise and their skills.

Women across the world will still be treated as chattle and second class citizens and sex slaves regardless of who is in office here. And THOSE are real wars on women. Not the shrill and constipated shrieking of those spoiled and entitled and opportunistic women in this country who are currently the so-called figureheads for "women's rights".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
Ok, I understand. I personally don't think it's any more or less important to women. I rarely hear others, men and women alike, discuss topics like the economy, foreign policy, war etc. Women seem to talk about their kids and men about sports (**generally**)
You need to find some more friends.

We talk policy at our house. If the kids did not have an opinion about the days events, they were sent to bed without supper.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:32 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Having your contraception paid for is an economic issue.

Quit making voters sound like single issue people. The fact is, there are very few single issue voters, and that goes for both parties.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:42 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You need to find some more friends.

We talk policy at our house. If the kids did not have an opinion about the days events, they were sent to bed without supper.
Thats not very nice.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM

4,428 posts, read 4,482,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Having your contraception paid for is an economic issue.
Birth control pills for one month cost less than a cup of coffee per day. Women can afford that on their own.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:02 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Birth control pills for one month cost less than a cup of coffee per day. Women can afford that on their own.
And a 2 cent per gallon of gas increase costs about that also.

Yet people ***** about that don't they?

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,365,699 times
Quote:
Sigh, Ok I'm going to post this information again, it's not just the pills themselves, it's the exams to get them that are pricey. In my area alone it's $250 to $360 or more plus lab work plus re-checks. Most docs today will on prescribe for 3-4 months at a time because of possible side effects so we must return for again pricey re-checks lab work and again the annual check up. NO one other than the RWNJ's have said it's "free" decades ago insurance companies realized that by including our annual exams and follow ups along with our presciptions in our health care it was much more cost effective, it's nothing new that insurance companies cover these as part of our coverage so on top of the cost of these exams we also pay a monthly premium just like the men do so no where are BC free. Even PP has a sliding scale payment for woman who are having hard times.

I've actually read the "ryan plan" and read quite a few articles that say it won't work and I believe also that it won't work - it's more of the same that got us in this mess in the first place and we really need to find alternatives that will continue to grow our economy (it's still slow but it's moving in the right direction), we need to find a different way and we are not there yet by a long shot. I believe we can and will pay down the debt but not with the "ryan plan".

Old 10-19-2012, 05:48 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,001,401 times
Quote:
Not exactly.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:52 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I am a woman, and yes we care about the economy.

We care about our husband having a job, ourselves having a job, the potential for our kids to have jobs in the future. We care about being able to pay our mortgages every month and care about our homes losing their value. We care about the cost of higher education, credit card interest rates, additional fees to take our own money out of the bank. We care about not being able to get loans when we need them because the bank will not lend. We care about increasing gas prices, increasing grocery prices, increasing health care costs, increasing utility prices. We care about the fiscal cliff we are headed for in January and we care about how much national debt our children will inherit as they come of age. We care about whether social security and medicare will still be there for our children when they need it. We care about high unemployment, high underemployment, and that most of the jobs that are being created now are part-time, low paying service jobs that do not provide benefits or enough hours. We care about health care for ourselves and our families, but have never seen even one government program run efficiently, and we don't believe that it can safely and efficiently institute and run THIS one.

This woman does not care about the following:

1. That a 31 year old post-graduate student at Georgetown has to pay for her own birth control

2. That Big Bird may have to move from Sesame Street to Main Street - he's a big boy, is established enough and has been around long enough to make it in the big leagues.

3. That Planned Parenthood may not receive federal funding in the future. There are other revenue streams that Planned Parenthood can secure to continue their mandates.

4. A badly concocted and made up War on Women. Birth control will still be available cheaply to women. Abortion will not be made illegal unless the Supreme Court decides to go against the majority of the population who still understands the need for them (and the makeup of the Supreme Court is ultimately much more important than who holds the office of president of the United States). Women will still be paid based on their career selection, their seniority, their expertise and their skills.

Women across the world will still be treated as chattle and second class citizens and sex slaves regardless of who is in office here. And THOSE are real wars on women. Not the shrill and constipated shrieking of those spoiled and entitled and opportunistic women in this country who are currently the so-called figureheads for "women's rights".
did i write that?

i do believe that is what most women care about-jobs, the economy, and the future for their families.

there are a lot of rich liberals out there who could fund the things the liberals want funded with no problem whatsoever. (if they were willing, that is), and maybe that 31 year old will find a man who likes her enough to actually pay for her birth control while he is sleeping with her. i personally find it offensive that she is willing to settle for so little in a "relationship".

she did seem to manage to get someone to pay for her very expensive college tuition, i bet:

http://studentaccounts.georgetown.ed...12listing.html

Old 10-19-2012, 06:03 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I bet women certainly do care about equal pay for equal work. Something that Romney refuses to give a straight answer about and something Ryan voted against. This always amazes me.
When ever I hear of a bill someone voted against I kind of want to know what all it contained and was attached to it.
Citizens against government waste a non-partisan watchdog group gives Ryan very high grades. Conversely they give Biden very low grades based on their voting records for waste.
A bill by it self may be vote worthy,but the garbage attached can ruin it. That is why politicians attach so much pork to the defence budget. They know it has to be passed.
The equal pay thing. I know where I work women most certainly get paid the same as their male counter parts and not always for equal work. A Tech 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or six is an hourly wage and gender has nothing to do with the amount...
For example if a bill called for law that required car dealers to sell new cars with 100,000 mile rated tires at no additional cost. many would say heck yeah that is a good idea. Then attached to the bill is language that would place a 10 cents per minute internet tax on anyone using the internet. Would you still want that bill to pass?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies